Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 16:53   #46
BHPian

In that case I would advice you not to use this one. And if you intend to buy a new universal type then go for the one with CAI kit (like the green filter with vortex kit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Yes,it is washed by high pressure water.
Old 24th September 2007, 18:25   #47
BHPian

administrator sorry for the abbrevations , got used up with chatting/sms.

about the fine holes,i think it was due to the harsh cleaning and the irregularity,the pleats are not in shape..but now i can notice the performance as before when compared to that of my dirty air filter . will post a picture of my filter soon.
what is the interval for cleaning the air filter ??
Old 24th September 2007, 21:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
In that case I would advice you not to use this one. And if you intend to buy a new universal type then go for the one with CAI kit (like the green filter with vortex kit)
yup rshi,i am thinking of getting ractive or green soon.now replace it by OE filter untill get some money.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:34   #49
BHPian

Payam post a pic of the filter maybe they did not put the hose directly on the filter.
Old 25th September 2007, 17:00   #50
BHPian

Sheesh!!! i need to clean my filter as well...have to get tht cleaning solution asap!!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Me too... Any idea where I can get it done in Pune?
Old 10th April 2008, 19:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Desperately trying to source the K&N cleaning kit in Chennai and no one seems to have any stock.

Checked with some well known auto accessory shops and looks like entire Chennai is devoid of these cleaning kits.

Anyone knows where I can source them? Its almost a year since my OE replacement K&N has been cleaned and I need to get it cleaned before it gets damaged.
Old 11th April 2008, 00:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

I need to clean mu K&N stock filter. Where can I source the cleaning kit?

Or any recommended place for getting it cleaned.
Old 11th April 2008, 10:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I need to clean mu K&N stock filter. Where can I source the cleaning kit?
I got mine about a week back or so, from blueraven316. PM him.
Old 12th April 2008, 22:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Desperately trying to source the K&N cleaning kit in Chennai and no one seems to have any stock.

Checked with some well known auto accessory shops and looks like entire Chennai is devoid of these cleaning kits.

Anyone knows where I can source them? Its almost a year since my OE replacement K&N has been cleaned and I need to get it cleaned before it gets damaged.
Hi Aditya, you could try the "Tyre Store" on Greams Road, or "Speed Works" in Nungambakkam. I got my cleaning kit from a performance store (well, sort of) next to New College, just beside the fly-over. The last time I checked, a few weeks ago, he had tons of these cleaning kits around...
Old 30th April 2008, 20:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Aditya, you could try the "Tyre Store" on Greams Road, or "Speed Works" in Nungambakkam. I got my cleaning kit from a performance store (well, sort of) next to New College, just beside the fly-over. The last time I checked, a few weeks ago, he had tons of these cleaning kits around...
Thanks Srini. Do you recollect the name of the performance store? Can you give me directions from Satyam entrance to this place?

Checked in speedworks and in tirestore and several other shops. All out of stock. A bangy member tried to source one for me (from blore) and some shops on JC rd and Hot Tracks were also out of stock.
Old 1st May 2008, 23:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

Adi' sorry man, no luck with the cleaning kit. Like I said , bring the filter and we will get it cleaned from Ozz One.
He charges 350/-Rs for cleaning the filter.
Old 2nd May 2008, 00:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Adi' sorry man, no luck with the cleaning kit. Like I said , bring the filter and we will get it cleaned from Ozz One.
He charges 350/-Rs for cleaning the filter.
Oh RJS . 350 bucks for cleaning?? Keep trying for the cleaning kit, try online too. Is it that difficult to get? I got my Green wind CAI cleaning kit from Petes and it cost only Rs. 640. I cleaned it once, 2 weeks back. With this kit, I think i can clean it atleast 8-10 times. Really not worth if you are paying 350 for just cleaning.

Methods is the authorised distributor in India and located at Blr. Methods - Contact Methods . Try that number.

Last edited by redfire : 2nd May 2008 at 00:10.
Old 2nd May 2008, 20:07   #59
BHPian

Guys, I wash my K&n with Shampoo. Have been doing it for a year and half. No issues so far.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Was in Bangy during the weekend. Bugged riju time and again for method's office address, phone number, hot tracks phone number etc. Finally managed to source the cleaning kit from the JBL store on Lavelle rd.

Staff was very friendly when I mentioned Sam.

Cost me INR 995/- for the kit. Kit has the cleaning fluid in spray bottle (aerosol) and oil in a squeeze bottle.

Filter was black but didnt look very dirty. When i sprayed the cleaner, i could see how dirty it was. And when it was washed black sludgy water was dripping from the filter.

Used about an ounce of the K&N oil and about 10% (maybe lesser) of the cleaning fluid. Certainly VFM.

Riju - A million thanks to you for all the help.

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th May 2008 at 20:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks