Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 10:47   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
The front fairing and light is looking extremely ugly, rest is real nice, the quality of workmanship is really nice, doesnt look like a mod job, looks completely stock.
thank you, but i really need a reflector that works good not just looks nice, this one has the best intensity and throw of light in business, the next best thing to projector setup my man. none of the stock ones on the bike are that good. i am searching for a good projector or a bixenon setup, once i have that, i shall change it.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:59   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
...... i am searching for a good projector or a bixenon setup, once i have that, i shall change it.
Oh shucks!!! I missed on this one earlier buddy, how about the pulsar 220 fairing with the dual projector set-up??? Its ready made.

PS: despite looking weird / different, I liked the fairing design. It reminds me of an angry looking robo from some Japanese Animation!!!
Old 5th May 2010, 11:31   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Oh shucks!!! I missed on this one earlier buddy, how about the pulsar 220 fairing with the dual projector set-up??? Its ready made.

PS: despite looking weird / different, I liked the fairing design. It reminds me of an angry looking robo from some Japanese Animation!!!
kkr2k2, i dont think i want a fairing for this one, i prefer the naked ducati monster look, this fairing was a design based on the ones available for the monsters. i always wanted a naked bike mate. any way i am open to more options, lets see how it goes. the projector setup from p220 may be, but not the entire fairing.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:34   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kkr2k2, i dont think i want a fairing for this one, i prefer the naked ducati monster look, this fairing was a design based on the ones available for the monsters. i always wanted a naked bike mate. any way i am open to more options, lets see how it goes. the projector setup from p220 may be, but not the entire fairing.
I didnt say the entire fairing buddy!!! We can do some jugaad just like this one. I doubt anyone can identify where did you get the above faring from??? . We can do a similar job with the p220 fairing.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:46   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Yash, good job.

When i met you the other day the bike looked hot for sure. So what was the stickering that you did from that sticker shop wallah?

I liked everything except the front fairing. It aint going with the full look of the bike.

Btw, when is Xenons being fitted?

P.S: Are you free this saturday? Planning to go to Street No.1 Himayathnagar. You know for what
Old 5th May 2010, 13:48   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt say the entire fairing buddy!!! We can do some jugaad just like this one. I doubt anyone can identify where did you get the above faring from??? . We can do a similar job with the p220 fairing.
this is not just some jugaad, i had to try out a lot more before i got here, i need a break here before i gain some energy to start out looking for a new design.

lets see what comes by and how it goes later on.

FYI the engine is not stock its souped up to deliver 16 horses right now.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2010, 13:50   #142
BHPian

hi rider, very neat and clean job done. I think you shoould show it to Honda, they will learn something
Old 5th May 2010, 14:24   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kkr2k2, i dont think i want a fairing for this one, i prefer the naked ducati monster look, this fairing was a design based on the ones available for the monsters......
Apart from the Ducati Monster, you can also look at the Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition:

Infact this fairing is what I had in my mind, when I suggested you to look at Ducati bikes for fairing suggestion!! You can go ahead with the current head light in this type of fairing if you can not go for the HIDs. Apart from the visor, the fairing is of two parts, you can remove the side ones and use the main part of the fairing! Also the angle can be such that it deflects the air above your head.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the Ducati Monster, you can also look at the Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition:

Infact this fairing is what I had in my mind, when I suggested you to look at Ducati bikes for fairing suggestion!! You can go ahead with the current head light in this type of fairing if you can not go for the HIDs. Apart from the visor, the fairing is of two parts, you can remove the side ones and use the main part of the fairing! Also the angle can be such that it deflects the air above your head.
man cant see the pics please do repost the picture. and thanks for the compliments pawan.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:41   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
man cant see the pics please do repost the picture. and thanks for the compliments pawan.
here is the linky, i shall also send it you via PM:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-m...1000-final.jpg

You can also try google search with the bike name, Ducati Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition!!!
Old 5th May 2010, 15:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
here is the linky, i shall also send it you via PM:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-m...1000-final.jpg

You can also try google search with the bike name, Ducati Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition!!!
no matey, i wanna quit the round light thingy as soon as i find a proper projector setup and get a more aerodynamic one.

the fairing in the link is good like we spoke last time, but then lets see, unless i get this one
Google Image Result for http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200704/2006-honda-599-7_460x0w.jpg

so lets see.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:26   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no matey, i wanna quit the round light thingy as soon as i find a proper projector setup and get a more aerodynamic one
so lets see.
In that case, you can get rid of the round headlight, retain the fairing and see if you can imitate some thing like this:

Honda Unicorn - Cosmetic and Performance mods - please give your views (Pics on Pg 9)-firebolt_xb12r_rhf_black.jpg

Its a Buell Firebolt. You might need to fabricate the bottom part of the fairing to house the projectors

What do you say??
Old 7th May 2010, 11:00   #148
BHPian

Great job rider. You sure have achieved the naked sportster look. The are some modes I like and some I dont

Love the dent in the tank- how did you do it

Love the front faring

Not so sure about head lamps

Great to hear that Uni produces 16 bhp. How did you do it

Love the rear disk brake

The tires and wheels look hot

Don't like the stickering would have preferred smaller fonts and less black.

I have an Uni and sure love the smoothness of it

What I dont like is the weight of the horse, its a bitch to push the bike back from parking spots

And the ride is quite firm to my liking even in its softest setting. I had done something about it, will post the details latter.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:03   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Behold "DIRE TAURUS". "DT1".

i have done all the possible mods i could think of on this bike, the thread started by me is not justified completely imo.

both the performance and the cosmetic mods have been carried out on this baby. i shall post the list of the mods done soon enough and a few niggling ones remaining too.

just let the comments flow for now be it brick bats, or kisses. thanks to all who have made this outcome possible, they have really helped me get the right inputs and helped me build this bad boy from the stock - up! i all of them and team bhp for the support.
Hey there rider60,

Kudos on a job brilliantly well done. The finish quality is really really good!

Akin to any other biker, I am also immensely fond of visualizing mods and shall therefore take the liberty to suggest some changes. Treat this as wishful thinking.

1. Rear cowl:

The one thing that keeps your bike from looking sportier is the size of its rear. The rear extends past your tyre and this makes the bike lose a little bit of its zing. You could probably think of a setup like the rear cowl in the pic i have attached. IMO, it shall make a huge lot of difference to the way the bike looks. If I remember Hyderabad correctly, there was a shop in King Koti where FRP rear cowls were fabricated.

2. Engine Bay:

Like most Indian motorcycles, the Unicorn leaves you with the impression that it doesn't quite fill up the space under the tank and all that empty space hurts the image a bit. Try and see if you can fabricate a tube-cage similar to the Ducati Monsters. Again, a whacky thought, but I think it might add a little to the look.

3. Rear Tyre:

Wouldn't a meatier rear tyre give you that mean rear look that this machine needs?

4. Headlamp fairing:

I can see plenty of suggestions already flowing on this. My two pennies are in the attached pic. Somehow I feel this blends in with the image of the bike better once you have your projector setup. Get in touch with the Wanderers Bullet Club of Hyderabad. Couple of guys there have HID setups.

5. Tank Cap:

Is it possible to fit a cap that flushes with the tank surface? Pulsars have the racing kind. You can see if it can be fitted.

6. Colors and Sticker:

I am a guy who goes with Henry Ford's saying "I dont mind any color as long as its black". Somehow I cant stop imagining your bike in Matt Black and the metallic die-cast Honda decals on the tank. IMO all that stickering takes a little something away from your bike. See if you can reduce that.

Having said all this, your Uni is the best looking Unicorn I have seen so far. Been wondering why people don't play around with this bike as it as something about it just begs to be modified.

Hats off to you!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Unicorn - Cosmetic and Performance mods - please give your views (Pics on Pg 9)-seatcowlgalimg_8401.jpg  

Honda Unicorn - Cosmetic and Performance mods - please give your views (Pics on Pg 9)-2299132447_e4e9a6b089.jpg  

Old 7th May 2010, 14:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justROYal View Post
..... I am also immensely fond of visualizing mods and shall therefore take the liberty to suggest some changes. Treat this as wishful thinking.
Wishful thinking indeed!!

There were two primary motives for this modification:

1. rider60 wanted a naked bike look (if you check out the initial pages of this thread you can see, rider60 tried to make the Uni look like Honda Twister 250. If you notice carefully, there were subtle changes but good ones in that effect.)

2. Performance enhancement. All the mods carried out in the second stage were oriented towards - performance in terms of:
a. acceleration
b. handling
c. top speed
And in this process also includes reduction of weight and also retain the daily usability of this bike!! In the correct set-up the bike returns around 50kmpl!!

@green, want to know how this bike doesn't pose problems with parking:

I think this bike weighs a 15 to 20 KGs(or more KGs) less than the stock Unicorn!!! It would be really interesting to get to know how this was achieved and yet not to give an impression of heavily modded bike. Lets wait till rider60 list out the mods!! AFAIK, only thing pending is the head light work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks