Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 11:30   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Thanks DieselAddikt. As mentioned earlier Access went out of the option window pretty early. Since the rider in concern is an elderly lady, it seemed a little bulky for her. Also Wego has not struck a chord either (familiarity with the existing ride - Activa and look out for a smaller sized 100cc scooter may be). Now near final on Pleasure to be picked up tomorrow unless the decisions change miraculously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I have both the scooters Access and Wego. Both give similar mileages. (Around 48kmpl)
When i go out alone, I prefer Wego. The ride and handling is exceptional. And the braking is also great.
When my wife and me plan to go out together, Access it is ! It has decent amount of power and torque to pull 2 well built adults easily. But the ride is very stiff and braking is not as good as the Wego.
I'd say, go for Wego. It is a very nice scooter. The only area where it misses out against Access is in the engine power department. But Wego is not bad either.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:19   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
@ThePunter -What are your options in terms of buying a gearless scooter? Are you looking at only Activa given the long waiting periods.
Pleasure and Wego owners - can you provide some ownership and servicing experience and Kitna deti hai??
This are the latest statistics about our Wego.

Name:  IMG_0237.PNG
Views: 2962
Size:  98.8 KB

Cheers!

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 22:41   #1788
BHPian

Can someone please share a PDI checklist for two-wheelers ? I am planning to buy a TVS scooty next month, and need a PDI checklist.

It has been a long time since I bought a new two wheeler. Earlier, I just did an inspection before collecting my bike. For PDI, do I need to ask the dealer to show me the vehicle he will assign me before sending it to RTO? Since scooty is a fast moving scooter, do I still need to check for manufactured date? How do I do that for two-wheelers?
Old 13th September 2011, 10:40   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
.... Since scooty is a fast moving scooter, do I still need to check for manufactured date? How do I do that for two-wheelers?
With TVS the good thing is that the mfg. date is on a sticker stuck to the rear number plate on all the vehicles. Just look at it and get the latest one. And yes even if Scooty is a fast moving scooter, its better to check for mfg. date and buy the most recently mfg. vehicle.

In terms of PDI, there is not much like cars. The below points should help you while other members pour in their points too!

1. Visual inspection for scratches, chipped paint etc before registration.
2. Once you select the vehicle, note the engine/chassis number which is present on the same sticker with the mfg. date
3. During delivery, ensure its the same engine/chassis number vehicle that is being given to you
4. Ask the dealer to show the engine oil level and ensure its at the correct level.
5. Make sure all electrical components like horn, blinkers, electric start etc are working fine.
6. Ensure all accessories you have opted for are fitted on the bike.

On a side note, the dealer from whom i got my TVS RTR180 was very thorough with the PDI they perform and it was a better than most mfg. currently.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 13:29   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Hey Prajwal,
How did you get these statistics?
Is there some android app that you have used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post

Attachment 606791

Cheers!

Prajwal
Not replying to anyone specific, but the only downside of owning an Access is the frequent service intervals. We need to get servicing done every 2 months. If the service center is far from your place, then I would not recommend buying an Access.

I have found the braking and ride quality to be very good - though I am always the pillion (my wife's bike after all). The vehicle appears to be sturdy and handles bad roads quite well (if I compare it with my two cars).

I will be posting details of the service costs in case someone is interested. The average is somewhere around Rs. 400 per service.

Last edited by S_U_N : 13th September 2011 at 13:34.
Old 15th September 2011, 08:52   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 606791

Cheers!

Prajwal
Excellent stats! I also squeeze out around 47kmpl from my wego.

Also, can you provide the name of the app you are using? It will be pretty useful.
Old 15th September 2011, 09:12   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hey Prajwal,
How did you get these statistics?
Is there some android app that you have used?

Not replying to anyone specific, but the only downside of owning an Access is the frequent service intervals. We need to get servicing done every 2 months. If the service center is far from your place, then I would not recommend buying an Access.

I have found the braking and ride quality to be very good - though I am always the pillion (my wife's bike after all). The vehicle appears to be sturdy and handles bad roads quite well (if I compare it with my two cars).

I will be posting details of the service costs in case someone is interested. The average is somewhere around Rs. 400 per service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Excellent stats! I also squeeze out around 47kmpl from my wego.

Also, can you provide the name of the app you are using? It will be pretty useful.
For the benefit to everyone, the app I used is called Road Trip by Darren Stone. There is a free version which is limited to one vehicle and stats are a little limited. And there is a paid version, the screenshot of which is what u guys saw. Its an iPhone based app. On the Android market, there is an app called aCar which I believe is even better than this.

Road Trip: www.Darrensoft.ca
aCar: ZoneWalker.com » aCar - Track your vehicles (car, fuel mileage, gas mileage, fill-up, maintenance, expenses, business trips, mileage, trips)

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 14:38   #1793
BHPian

I really don't know why people are so crazy about the Honda Engine, just Test ride the Wego its butter smooth and handling is leagues ahead of the competition, i have one and completed 1000 kms, and its just improving day by day, and the most surprising is wet road handling it just feels like bike. And many frineds have Activa and the Plastic quality is very average, Plastic of Activas stated fading after one year(May be due to less maintenance ), started rattling(But in Dombivli the raods are Too bad). If you ask me Wego is class above in most of the departments, except the Access has better power not now that much.

And about the Service TVS use Semi synthetic Oil so Oil change is at every 5/6 K Kms. And After two and Half months of ownership am more than happy.
Old 16th September 2011, 15:21   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
I really don't know why people are so crazy about the Honda Engine,
Reliability my friend. The plastics may rattle and lose color but the engine never gives up. There are activa's which have completed close to a lac kms and are still going fine without the engine being opened up for any work.

Personally i don't like any offerings from Honda except for the Aviator only for its front shocks and tall ride.

Quote:
just Test ride the Wego its butter smooth and handling is leagues ahead of the competition, i have one and completed 1000 kms, and its just improving day by day, and the most surprising is wet road handling it just feels like bike.
Wego is a very good product from TVS and like you said it handles like a bike. But it has to prove itself over a period of time before people start taking to it like how they are to the activa today.

Quote:
And about the Service TVS use Semi synthetic Oil so Oil change is at every 5/6 K Kms. And After two and Half months of ownership am more than happy.
Glad to know you are happy with the ownership. If they are using TVS Tru-4 oil, then please beware. It is nowhere close to a semi synth. I think it might be ok with the Wego but on my RTR180, the oil wore out at 400kms on the odo exactly. I understand mine is a new bike but still it has to last at least a 1k kms on a new bike if not 5-6k as claimed. And if i were you, even if i was sticking to the TVS oil, i would stick to the drain interval of 3k kms rather than stretching it to 6k kms.

Wishing you many more happy miles with the Wego. Once wifey is back in Blore, she will probably want one for herself.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 16th September 2011 at 15:22.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:15   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Reliability my friend. The plastics may rattle and lose color but the engine never gives up. There are activa's which have completed close to a lac kms and are still going fine without the engine being opened up for any work.
I own the wego and you may find that I am biased. I feel one has to see the vehicle as whole package & that is where the wego scores,

Even though activa has a good engine, it has a bone jarring ride when going over pothholes. How many of the riders take it to 1 lakh kilometers to confirm its reliability, TVS is by no means a beginner to scooters, the engine on scooty have been fairly reliable over the years barring the build quality. Wego is one step with good looks, ride, reliability.
Old 16th September 2011, 18:33   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I own the wego and you may find that I am biased. I feel one has to see the vehicle as whole package & that is where the wego scores,
Completely agree. Hence my point below about not liking any Honda offerings due to their bad suspension selection. Aviator is the only one with a good ride quality but the same old Activa engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Even though activa has a good engine, it has a bone jarring ride when going over pothholes. How many of the riders take it to 1 lakh kilometers to confirm its reliability, TVS is by no means a beginner to scooters, the engine on scooty have been fairly reliable over the years barring the build quality. Wego is one step with good looks, ride, reliability.
Agree again. Activa has a bad ride quality and below par plastics. I was just answering to Parimal's query about why people are crazy about Honda engine. Its the herd mentality. And at times peer pressure too..

Though a single person might not take it to 1 lac kms but I have seen some old activa's which have done close to 80k kms without engine problems. It has had 3 owners in the book already. So it is reliable.

I was again not saying that Wego is unreliable. It has to seep into the people's mind that Wego is the better scoot overall as a whole package and equally reliable as well. Not every one is an informed buyer out there in the market!
Old 20th September 2011, 21:31   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Personally i don't like any offerings from Honda except for the Aviator only for its front shocks and tall ride.

Wego is a very good product from TVS and like you said it handles like a bike. But it has to prove itself over a period of time before people start taking to it like how they are to the activa today.

Glad to know you are happy with the ownership. If they are using TVS Tru-4 oil, then please beware. It is nowhere close to a semi synth. I think it might be ok with the Wego but on my RTR180, the oil wore out at 400kms on the odo exactly. I understand mine is a new bike but still it has to last at least a 1k kms on a new bike if not 5-6k as claimed. And if i were you, even if i was sticking to the TVS oil, i would stick to the drain interval of 3k kms rather than stretching it to 6k kms.

Wishing you many more happy miles with the Wego. Once wifey is back in Blore, she will probably want one for herself.
Reliblity is again depends on the how the vehicle is maintained , even i saw so many TVS bikes closed to 1 L Km without any issues, even i sold my Victor, when it was close to 60K, and engine was butter smooth.

Anyways i never want to say that they are not reliable but yes over hyped without having any WoW factor.

Hmm let me check the condition of the Oil, as it has done almost 400 Km after the First Service, also i doubt if i will able to cover the 6000 Km in 6 Months,

I doubt how good the TVS product is people will never keep the faith in it as Honda products, The Honda And Maruti has special respect in our country, and in the Case of Honda their *** is also not up to the mark and are costly to maintain compare to competition.

Am sure your wife will love the WEGO.

Last edited by parimal_g : 20th September 2011 at 21:39.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:21   #1798
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 606791

Cheers!

Prajwal
Prajwal, You are the first person who has reported mileage in excess of 50km/l for Wego. Did you see the mileage increase after run in of the engine? My wife's wego was just delivered last week and just curious to know what mileage to expect.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:02   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Prajwal, You are the first person who has reported mileage in excess of 50km/l for Wego. Did you see the mileage increase after run in of the engine? My wife's wego was just delivered last week and just curious to know what mileage to expect.
@Gopikp: I have been getting mileage consistently around the 45-50kmpl mark after the run-in was over. During the running in process, the mileage is never usually so high since the engine is still very new and the mech parts would still be in the process of settling in.

My running in went on till about 2000 kms! The entire riding was in thick Bangalore traffic, so there were plenty of stop-go riding. I guess that's what helped. There are times when I get low mileage also, like 38-42kmpl. But that's not very often. Besides, its my wife who ran it in, and rides it all the time, not me. I am happy with my Unicorn.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 10:48   #1800
BHPian

Prajwal, thank you. Looks like we both are pretty much in the same boat as far as vehicles rides are concerned. I also drive a Unicorn and have been very satisfied with it. Unfortunately, the only sore point on the Honda ownership is the A.S.S. With too much HONDA scooters and bikes selling now, they have not expanded the service capability on par with the sales. As a result, even a regular bike service takes two to three days in the area (Rajarajeshwarinagar) where I reside.

I did not even test drive a Honda activa or Dio before we chose the Wego just because of this point. My wife test drove only one scooter which was Wego based on the reviews we saw at Tbhp. Thanks to you guys for giving such a clear ownership report. Had a chat with another BHPian gautamkhadse also on his 15 months ownership experience of Wego and we were convinced, it has to be Wego only. Suzuki access also looks to be a good scooter. But Wego I guess is more ideal for most ladies because they are not looking at power and zoom at high speeds. For those who want a comfortable, safe and balanced ride with kids, Wego seems a good choice from what I have seen in the past week. The ride is very smooth with decent pull and very important difference that I saw from the previous scooty pep is that it gives a bike like feel while braking and driving at low speeds which inspires confidence.

Thanks once again for sharing your experience on this forum.

Quote:
@Gopikp: I have been getting mileage consistently around the 45-50kmpl mark after the run-in was over. During the running in process, the mileage is never usually so high since the engine is still very new and the mech parts would still be in the process of settling in.

My running in went on till about 2000 kms! The entire riding was in thick Bangalore traffic, so there were plenty of stop-go riding. I guess that's what helped. There are times when I get low mileage also, like 38-42kmpl. But that's not very often. Besides, its my wife who ran it in, and rides it all the time, not me. I am happy with my Unicorn.

Prajwal
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks