Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 10:12   #286
BHPian

flyte

definitely the OD numbers are printing error... proof is that OD has given FLYTE scooter of the year 2008, and also declared FLYTE as their choice.
and its not just OD. Flyte has gotten very very positive reviews from everyone, even autocar india gave Flyte a higher rating than Access; and flyte owners have also given it a thumbs up.

Basically Flyte IS a very good scooter, and the fact that Kinetic SYM have produced such a good scooter shows that it is a good company.

As for the Aviator, Honda should've put in a 125cc engine, and front fueling should ve been there. I dont think people at the expo were impressed with the Aviator. Optional disc brakes is a good move, but a loaded Aviator will cost nearly 50,000 on road. And you'll still have to deal with dealers bad attitudes.

The Flyte and also the Access has surprised the market and competitors by making a big leap forward.

Last edited by sunilbakshi : 17th January 2008 at 10:13. Reason: typo fix
Old 17th January 2008, 12:01   #287
BHPian

also i think that that flyte is marketed as womans scooter because kinetic first wants to go after the scooty pep buyers. its all just a marketing thing doesnt mean that men will have a problem riding the flyte. dont get taken in by advertising

in fact, i've seen 3-4 flytes so far on roads and they were all being ridden by men!

Last edited by sunilbakshi : 17th January 2008 at 12:05. Reason: typo fix
Old 17th January 2008, 12:26   #288
Senior - BHPian

Can some mod come in here, clean out the fan fighting and leave this thread for just DCEite's buying experience/review? A 125cc scoot-fan thread can be split if necessary
Old 17th January 2008, 12:40   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Can some mod come in here, clean out the fan fighting and leave this thread for just DCEite's buying experience/review? A 125cc scoot-fan thread can be split if necessary
I won't call a healthy debate 'fighting'. Ofcourse, if things go out of hand, i am always here.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:59   #290
BHPian

So DCEite, how is the FE now? Any rattles, creaks, other issues with the Flyte? Is it reasonably zippy?
Old 17th January 2008, 14:33   #291
Senior - BHPian

FE before 1st service was around 35kmpl. Haven't measured since.
There are no rattles or creaks. However, i got a buzzer installed for indicator on first service, but it has gone kaput. Other than that, there were some cold start issues (or so i thought) which were addressed promptly by Kinetic. The Kinetic area engineer visited my home to verify the scooter operation. Explained me in detailed about choke operation. Also i got a few calls from Kinetic Pune asking me about my satisfaction levels with the scooter.
Old 17th January 2008, 14:35   #292
BHPian

Quote:
@Ravi
Problem again, the front indicator bulbs of my Flyte have gone again
My blazes' brake light acts the same! Evry 2 months, it dies and I have to replace it (or it might be my overusage of brakes)
Old 17th January 2008, 15:27   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
also i think that that flyte is marketed as womans scooter because kinetic first wants to go after the scooty pep buyers. its all just a marketing thing doesnt mean that men will have a problem riding the flyte. dont get taken in by advertising

in fact, i've seen 3-4 flytes so far on roads and they were all being ridden by men!
I am one among them. I have seen guys looking curiously me riding a Flyte, but I do not care. It is really a fantastic scooter to ride in city. I love to ride it.
Old 17th January 2008, 21:54   #294
BHPian

ravi64> may be people are curious to see a man driving a female scooty, by the way i dont see much difference in extra 25cc in our traffic other than consuming more fuel, and further there is no wrong in to bet on a proven engine like activa to further expand the models.

Has any one thought about the real advantages with an Honda engine,bigger wheel and a disc brake other an punny increase in CC.
Old 17th January 2008, 22:01   #295
BHPian

hoolywood > Not that i have bought a sour lemon(Flyte) man i am actually guiding u people to an juicy Orange.
DCelite >
Old 17th January 2008, 22:05   #296
BHPian

DCelite> I have been riding various ungeared scooters right from Kinetic Honda if ur more intrested in CC can u list out the difference a punny 23CC extra can make so that others in the forum can know better
Old 17th January 2008, 22:11   #297
BHPian

You are right...but (ofcource its a subjective matter) don't you think that aviator looks like the back of the activa bolted on to the fromt of the honda cub from the pic posted above? IMHO big wheels with skinny tyres don't go well.
Old 17th January 2008, 23:02   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
hoolywood > Not that i have bought a sour lemon(Flyte) man i am actually guiding u people to an juicy Orange.
DCelite >
one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter

one man's juicy lemon is another's sour orange
Old 17th January 2008, 23:36   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter

one man's juicy lemon is another's sour orange
Wellsaid hollywoodhogan

Satyaprakash, why to argue about Aviator's 'qualities' when it is not launched (to showrooms)? I reserve my comments till it is seen on roads.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 17th January 2008 at 23:39.
Old 18th January 2008, 00:32   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Manish,
I suggest you to choose between SYM Flyte and HH Pleasure, if it is being used by your wife. The Flyte's engine is refined and smoother, but not equal to a Honda engine.

As for the service of Kinetic, three days back the company personnel personally called and attended to the problem regarding the indicator bulbs and they rectified and it really surprised me. The Flyte, I found, is a very good scooter and am really enjoying everytime I get oppurtunity to ride it.

The plus points of Kinetic Flyte over Pleasure/dio/activa are,

1. Telescopic front suspension which enhances the breaking and stability.
2. Font fuel filling, easy and convenient.
3. 22 Lts of luggage space under the seat. Can hold a half-helmet (small full face helmet also) and some luggage.
4. 9 Amps battery.
5. 3 years engine warranty (for first 10000 customers)
6. Excellent ride and handling.

If you really want peace of mind and do not bother about the above qualities, I suggest you to go for HH pleasure.

If you are going to use the scooter, I suggest you to wait till March for Honda's Aviator, which has some real cool features, like 12 inch rims, disk brake, good luggage space.
I second that. We have a HH pleasure in our family ,my wife uses it mostly. It was some 5 months back and then for girls the only choices were H-Dio(ugly,i felt), HH pleasure and PeP+.

Could not wait for Access/flyte as it was kind of urgent requirement. HH pleasure has same engine as that of Activa, only the rims/tyres/electricals and body change. I think even the suspension is same as activa.
+ points:
Butter smooth ride(only on flat roads)
Good throttle response.
Decent luggage space- a full faced helmet can fit in.
Tuff up tubes and Zappper tyres.(widest in the segment).
Wide seat.
Bright head lamp.
Cute design.
Small petrol tank.

Among the current models, flyte is definite competetor for Pleasure with following advantages:
Much better suspension- really important in long run- who cares for a smooth engine when ride itself is harsh.
Seat is a bit more soft than pleasure's.
More Legroom. Pleasure design is like a fibre glass scooter. Your knees need to be bent.Flyte is better(credit to Pep for it is the one which came first with this type of design)
More dicky space.
Better pickup.
Disadvantages:
Unreliable Kinetic service . HH scores better here.
Pleasure looks better than flyte,IMHO.

Given a choice now, i would choose Flyte for the sheer comfort.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks