Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 01:51   #301
BHPian

Agree with you Deetee, looks wise Pleasure scores over Flyte, just my perception.

I have been able to fill only 4 liters in my Flyte and the service engineer confirmed that the tank is really 4 liters.
Old 18th January 2008, 09:55   #302
BHPian

ravi@64bhp> Well i am not a guy who buys a bike from its looks man, Aviater specs already speaks about its qualities, a proven Activa Engine + Telescopic shocks at front + Bigger alloy wheels + Disc brake = HUGE success only an newbie to auto industry needs it to say this after its launch not an auto expert like me.
Old 18th January 2008, 10:40   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
ravi@64bhp> Well i am not a guy who buys a bike from its looks man, Aviater specs already speaks about its qualities, a proven Activa Engine + Telescopic shocks at front + Bigger alloy wheels + Disc brake = HUGE success only an newbie to auto industry needs it to say this after its launch not an auto expert like me.
auto expert? i guess we are all "auto experts"
Old 18th January 2008, 11:41   #304
BHPian

flyte looks good!!

hey
i think flyte looks good
better than pleasure
thats my perception

beyond that i've already made it clear that i am a fan of my flyte and general people can say this n that but i am the one who owns it rides it uses it so i think my opinion should be given more credence.

just one last thing ive seen about sathyaprakash - before access launch he was urging everyone to wait for Access... then, it was like wait for flyte... now it is wait for aviater... at this rate one will just keep waiting waiting waiting while others are already going places..
Old 18th January 2008, 11:59   #305
BHPian

hoolywoodhogan>By saying an 23CC up makes a BIG difference ur an expert but in what?????????

Note from the support staff: Please do not use more than 2 smilies per post. Thanks

Last edited by DCEite : 18th January 2008 at 12:16.
sathyaprakash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th January 2008, 14:20   #306
BHPian

I had bought one Sym flyte for my wife.

It had a smallish scratch in one front panel , which I noticed while taking delivery.( dealer had promised a replacement during I service )

Also there was a small area below the grab rail , which was left unpainted. I could see it only later while giving it a wash.

Had called up the Flyte toll free number and had informed them about this.

During the first service both these panels were replaced and the company engineer went out of his way to ensure a good service experience.There were many follow up calls from Pune to reconfirm if evreything is ok now.

So far so good. Had heard horror stories about kinetic A** , but till now the experience has been pleasant.

Last edited by w 12 : 18th January 2008 at 14:22.
Old 18th January 2008, 18:09   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
hey
i think flyte looks good
better than pleasure
thats my perception
Exactly, its all about personal views, flyte looks good too, but i felt pleasure is better looker- esp from back; the raised tail lamp cluster makes it look like a swan.
Btw, our pleasure has just completed 2nd service at around 2800km and i found tail lamp bulb gone kaput. No stock with my HH dealer- will try outside.

Quote:
ravi64> may be people are curious to see a man driving a female scooty,
such statements sound a bit offensive .

Quote:
by the way i dont see much difference in extra 25cc in our traffic other than consuming more fuel
Difference is felt if you drive on with a pillion, well if a 25 cc willnot make any difference and why did additional 200 cc make a difference between a zen and m800 ( 800: 8x100cc of activa, zen:8x125cc of flyte).Well, Scooty pep+ is 90 cc and pleasure is 102 cc with some 2bhp difference in peak power- is not there any difference between too despite weight being near same? note that honda's 102 cc mill starves beyond 60kmph, flyte can do 70kmph with ease- again to the question of it making sense in city traffic- climb our Erramanzil/Taj Krishna incline on activa and flyte- one can 'feel' the difference.

Regarding that proven honda engine, yes it is a proven engine because it came some 7 years ago. But there are people who are bold enough and want to do things that their heart/mind says rather than follow public opinion to buy a bland,reliable (because old enough) scooter. Let them do that different thing, after all life needs variety. Wait a year,may be flyte might turn out to be a winner.

I think Honda is going to fleece indian customer again, by providing a new dress and shoes to that old activa engine. The same engine does work on activa/pleasure/dio , on how many 'different' vehicles does they want make money?They could have offered telescopic forks and better brakes on activa itself- but they want more and more money with same production lines , thats why aviator comes.
Well, i had bought pleasure because i had not many choices then, now i would go for flyte(access if i were to use it).

Last edited by deetee : 18th January 2008 at 18:17. Reason: added pep/pleasure data
Old 18th January 2008, 18:46   #308
BANNED

Quote:
ravi64> may be people are curious to see a man driving a female scooty, by the way i dont see much difference in extra 25cc in our traffic other than consuming more fuel, and further there is no wrong in to bet on a proven engine like activa to further expand the models.

Has any one thought about the real advantages with an Honda engine,bigger wheel and a disc brake other an punny increase in CC.

suzuki acess gives a better mileage though the engine is bigger than a honda ...
Old 18th January 2008, 19:27   #309
BHPian

Quote:
ravi64> may be people are curious to see a man driving a female scooty, by the way i dont see much difference in extra 25cc in our traffic other than consuming more fuel, and further there is no wrong in to bet on a proven engine like activa to further expand the models.
Satyaprakash,
I would like to know how you describe a female scooty?? What properties makes it a female??
Old 18th January 2008, 19:59   #310
BHPian

Quote:
hoolywoodhogan>By saying an 23CC up makes a BIG difference ur an expert but in what?????????

Note from the support staff: Please do not use more than 2 smilies per post. Thanks

am an expert at spotting other experts! thats all.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:39   #311
BHPian

one thing @ flyte that is clearly a class apart, and a cut above all others (including the access) is its superb handling. and because of that its a really good ride.

looks are subjective but the handling of the flyte is clearly superior

Last edited by sunilbakshi : 18th January 2008 at 20:41. Reason: a
Old 18th January 2008, 22:22   #312
BHPian

check this out!

bajaj is at it again. aviator has already got competition that just might not allow the aviator to aviate!

this is what can be truly called a scooter for males, not the aviator.

the bajaj blade is a 125cc, 8.5 bhp and is scheduled for launch middle of this year.
Old 19th January 2008, 00:43   #313
Senior - BHPian

hogan, the nameplate said 12 ps. My eyes popped out
Old 19th January 2008, 03:18   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Satyaprakash,
I would like to know how you describe a female scooty?? What properties makes it a female??
It's been designed for petite females. Dimensions are smaller and the scoot is very light and manuverable (remember Bajaj Sunny). Not good for doubles or well fed males.
Old 19th January 2008, 05:07   #315
BHPian

Which scooter is this? Can anyone identify? The pics are from an upcoming telugu movie. See the indicators near the break levers and headlight fixed to the body (like blaze and dio).

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks