Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 12:43   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Correcting: Am getting slight hadle shake on even the slightest undulation.
handle should not shake on bad road surface, its better to get it checked and corrected asap.
Old 1st January 2008, 16:10   #242
BHPian

Can you post your reviews on Sym scooter. I am thinking of buying it.
Old 1st January 2008, 17:10   #243
PVS
BHPian

As others had already pointed out, Activa is a reliable scooter with a super smooth engine and an equally smooth pickup. Front suspension not that good - does not like bad roads. Headlight is an issue, even after replacing the stock headlight with a halogen bulb.

After Sales Service: I usually give my Honda Activa for servicing at AutoFin Honda's Himayathnagar Service Centre (Hyderabad) . You need to come early in the morning so as to be the first in the 'Q' to get your bike serviced. Whenever I gave my Activa for servicing, I had to wait anywhere from 15 to 10 minutes for my turn.

Its been close to 3 years now - and I don't have much to complain on my Activa - It is a reliable vehicle.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:36   #244
BHPian

3 years ago, maybe even six months ago, Activa was a good choice in scooters no doubt.

But now if u compare it to the flyte you will see that flyte is a smarter offering in every way.

Flyte engine compares with Activa - actually Flyte has a 25cc engine advantage but you dont notice the extra power so much. What u do notice is the smoothness and effortlessness at any speed. Plus several convenience features on the Flyte like front fueling, telescopic front suspension, large storage and great pricing place the Flyte ahead of the Activa. This is in my opinion, I have been riding the Flyte for a few weeks now and really like it a lot. Mileage is good also.

Now Kinetic says Flyte is for girls and women but I dont see why Men or boys cant go for it, as long as you select the more manly colours like black or silver or red.

I've spoken to 3-4 other Flyte riders and not a single person has regretted their decision. Hope that helps you all.
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:41   #245
Senior - BHPian

dio is better...kine flyte is not yet proven on indian roads...and the plastic feels cheap.....engine seems gud....
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:46   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
...and the plastic feels cheap.....
I had same feeling. But othere people here seem to think that its good.
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:55   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
dio is better...kine flyte is not yet proven on indian roads...and the plastic feels cheap.....engine seems gud....
dio is past its sell by date. its started to look dated and needs to be put into retirement. cannot compete with the flyte on features for sure. but its got the traditional honda reliability and quality.
Old 3rd January 2008, 23:09   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
I had same feeling. But othere people here seem to think that its good.
Plastics of Flyte are comparitively better than any other Kinetic scooters, but not better than any Suzuki Access or Honda Dio/Activa, or HH Pleasure.
Old 3rd January 2008, 23:15   #249
BHPian

Today had a test ride of HH pleasure and Honda Dio. I felt honda dio did ride well on bad roads compared to my Flyte. The rear suspension seems to be bad on my Flyte (single shock on left side unlike other scooters). The handle wobbles on bad roads, particularly when the rear wheel hits a pothole.

The ground clearance of Flyte is very low compared to other scooters. I am worried a bit that the bottom is scraping on some speedbreakers near my home (with pillion).
Old 4th January 2008, 14:57   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Today had a test ride of HH pleasure and Honda Dio. I felt honda dio did ride well on bad roads compared to my Flyte. The rear suspension seems to be bad on my Flyte (single shock on left side unlike other scooters). The handle wobbles on bad roads, particularly when the rear wheel hits a pothole.

The ground clearance of Flyte is very low compared to other scooters. I am worried a bit that the bottom is scraping on some speedbreakers near my home (with pillion).
i dont think that any gearless scooter today comes with anything other than a single shock on the left.

with regards to suspension, try hitting a pothole with the front brakes applied on the pleasure, dio and flyte. you could try this too...get the vehicle off stand, apply the front brake hard and push down to check the front suspension action on the same 3 scoots. you will be surprised with the results.

and the bottom touching thing on the flyte, dont worry about it, its the main stand thats scraping on the bigger bumps and not any part of the chassis or engine. check the tyre pressures and if you feel that the rear is too soft, ask for a replacement shock. am sure that it can be replaced under warranty if found to be underperforming.

no fear. dont worry about it. enjoy the flyte.
Old 4th January 2008, 18:16   #251
BHPian

Quote:
...The handle wobbles on bad roads, particularly when the rear wheel hits a pothole.

Don't worry ravi these are small problems. Every bike has some good points and some bad. When you go to service center tell them about these problems, see if they can do something.

Congrats on the new bike.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:06   #252
BHPian

Problem again. The front indicator bulbs were 'broken', and I am wondering how?? The type of bulbs are not available anywhere in Hyd. The bulbs are not in stock yet. Am riding it without front indicators. Also, the bulb in the underseat storage space is also not working.
Old 8th January 2008, 18:53   #253
BHPian

holywoodhogan> for ur information kinetic Blaze which is an gearless scooter has twin shocks at rear.

archie> as u mentioned Suzuki Access has also got 125cc, large storage space, bike type telescopic shocks at front, antitheft lock, a large ground clearance compared to flyte and better stability& no vibration along with good service & spares plus interntional brand name.

I am wondering why nobody is considering the Suzuki in there test which is the best compared to Honda,Kinetic,Bajaj,&Herohonda in the scooter segment till Honda brings out Lead 125cc in the second half.

Suzuki is also to launch an revamped Dio type Access in the second half.
Old 9th January 2008, 01:24   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
holywoodhogan> for ur information kinetic Blaze which is an gearless scooter has twin shocks at rear.

archie> as u mentioned Suzuki Access has also got 125cc, large storage space, bike type telescopic shocks at front, antitheft lock, a large ground clearance compared to flyte and better stability& no vibration along with good service & spares plus interntional brand name.

I am wondering why nobody is considering the Suzuki in there test which is the best compared to Honda,Kinetic,Bajaj,&Herohonda in the scooter segment till Honda brings out Lead 125cc in the second half.

Suzuki is also to launch an revamped Dio type Access in the second half.
thanks for pointing out that the blaze comes with twin shocks. i had not included the blaze as it does not fit to be classified as a regular scooter. besides ravi had specifically mentioned the dio & pleasure, so the blaze did not figure in my comment.

i wonder why your "international" brand name suzuki is unable to sell any motorcycles in india if its so international?

with regards to your wonder why the "international" brand, the access has not been compared in tests, for your info there is a comprehensive road test in overdrive and the flyte has been chosen as the no.1 choice ahead of the international access.

and why would an international brand want to launch a "honda dio type suzuki access" upgrade? what does that mean? that they dont have their own design?

all suzuki has done in india is launching out dated products till now.
Old 9th January 2008, 01:41   #255
BHPian

hollywoodhogan,
Both Access and Flyte got 4.5/5 rating by OD team. Their choice is Flyte out of these two (Flyte's price and ride quality scored over Access). I personally feel the Access better anyday than Flyte. Great performance, good ground clearance, excellent engine, and impeccable build quality. Why I bought FLyte is my wife did not like the looks of Access. Same time, i agree that Flyte's ride quality is superb, easy to ride than any other scooter.

I see more Accesses in Hyderbad than a Flyte. The only negative point of Access is its retro looks like an Activa.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks