Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 16:06   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
A weird problem with my Scooty Pep + (2006 model) today morning. I started it by electric start and then the starting motor wont shut off. I could hear the sound of starting motor running along with engine sound so I tried to switch off the engine by turning the ignition key off but still the starting motor wont stop. It was very weird- nothing could stop that starting motor- turning the key on and off, pressing the button, nothing worked and in the end I took a spanner and disconnected the battery terminals.

Anyone else had such an experience? What could be the reason? Even now if I reconnect the battery, the starter motor will begin running again- like something got stuck somewhere.
Going by what you have described, the solenoid valve which engages/disengages the starter could have got stuck - or the starter switch on the handlebar could have got stuck

The soleniod has one cable direct from the battery,and a pulse supply from the start switch energises the soleniod and thus the battery supply goes direct to the starter.Release the starter switch and the pulse supply stops and the solenoid returns to its normal state.

I had the same problem in my Premier padmini post 1998 floods.

Last edited by vigsom : 14th February 2010 at 16:12.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:15   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I haven't noticed that I haven't taken a test ride yet. However, there are way too many Activas on the road and not too many Dio's.
There is a major difference between the Dio and Activa. Activa is with new generation 110 cc engine from HOnda and it gives 1 bhp and 1 nm torque extra than the 102 cc engine of Dio. The new Activa gives 15% more miileage than Dio and it is proved.

If you like the Dio and feel 102 cc engine is enough, go ahead with it. It got super sexy looks.

I wish Honda upgrades the Dio with front telescopic suspension as in Aviator, with 125 cc engine, fuel tank in floor board to liberate maximum underseat storage, an upgraded headlight, front and rear 12-inch alloys, with a disc at front. I would buy it even at 55-57k.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 14th February 2010 at 22:18.
Old 15th February 2010, 13:46   #993
BHPian

Mahindra Flyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Totally agree with the negatives and positives listed by Ravi for the flyte.

FE of Flyte - Best with very sane riding not crossing 40 kmph on the speedo was 38 kmpl which we got. Else its always in the 30-32 range and Kinetic/Mahindra service have not been able to fix the FE issues. Not sure if this is a problem with only our scoot [which i think is not the case as there are others who are reporting low FE]

I've got my Mahindra Flyte home, last Friday. It gives reasonable fuel efficiency of 42kmpl with normal unleaded patrol. I've driven around 130km so far (in just 3 days), I'm not sure whether the FE will increase or decrease after the first service.

Another advantage is on the servicing front. You'll get 1st and 2nd service free, 3rd paid, 4th and 5th free, 6th paid, 7th and 8th free. So, you'll have 6 free services and will last till 2 years. Not bad at all!

As mentioned by most of the Flyte ownsers, ground clearance is a bit on the negative side if you ride with a pillion, especially on non-standard speed breakers.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:36   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
I've got my Mahindra Flyte home, last Friday. It gives reasonable fuel efficiency of 42kmpl with normal unleaded patrol. I've driven around 130km so far (in just 3 days), I'm not sure whether the FE will increase or decrease after the first service.

Another advantage is on the servicing front. You'll get 1st and 2nd service free, 3rd paid, 4th and 5th free, 6th paid, 7th and 8th free. So, you'll have 6 free services and will last till 2 years. Not bad at all!

As mentioned by most of the Flyte ownsers, ground clearance is a bit on the negative side if you ride with a pillion, especially on non-standard speed breakers.
Congrats on your new acquisition Manu.

Looks like mahindra has changed the service interval or the way the free and paid services are aligned. Its good to know that it would last 2 years.

And yes ground clearance and FE apart, like i said, my dad is very happy with the ride and handling of it.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:16   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition Manu.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Thanks Abhinav, much appreciated.
Old 15th February 2010, 20:38   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Going by what you have described, the solenoid valve which engages/disengages the starter could have got stuck - or the starter switch on the handlebar could have got stuck
You are right. Its the Solenoid relay which went faulty. Cost me around Rs200 to replace. Now working fine.

By the way, my Scooty stops in rain for no reason at all. Any idea what could cause that? Service centre is not helpful on it. So it becomes a very unreliable companian during rainy season. Refuses to move in the middle of a rain but will start again after few minutes wait.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:48   #997
BHPian

TVS Wego:Small Review

Got a chance to Test Ride the Wego.

Yesterday went to The dealer to collects my Brothers 180 RTR and i saw The Wego in the Show Room, Immediately asked about when its going to be launched,he told me it will take a month to get the RTO clearance,Price will be 42k Ex showroom.
Now about the Test Drive.
Engine is very silent and acceleration is also very good am sure better than Activa(New),and Vibrations are almost nil.Breaks are also good (no disk break option ) Seat is quite comfy and wide.Did not like the leg room it short Streak is better here.No chance to check the top speed but can easily clock 80 Km/hr.Very stable under breaking,and feels amazingly light and Flick able.And does not lost the composure on the Bad roads very comfortable.
TVS calls its a dynamic chassis (Does any one knows what does it mean..?) .
Anyways it has telescopic front suspensions with 12" Alloy wheels.
Easy to put on stand like all scootys,Good enough space to hold a full face helmet under seat, Lockable box at front but very small.Fuel filling cap is like streak but it operates with seat lock,put the keys in the seat lock one side you can unlock seat turn key other side to open the fuel cap (then why not with ignition switch)
Looks are good but not exiting but rear is quite slim and LED Tail lights looks good at night,Good plastic quality but the could have make it better.

Overall great efforts by TVS.

Last edited by parimal_g : 16th February 2010 at 21:52. Reason: spell
Old 17th February 2010, 14:10   #998
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the delivery of Flint grey coloured Access 125 yesterday evening.Will post pics later when i click' em.After riding it for few kms, felt that there are slight vibrations in rear brake handle when applied at or above 40 kmph.Is it common in these vehicles ?.
Old 21st February 2010, 13:07   #999
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I purchased a grey Hero Honda Pleasure last year in April, as a general purpose runabout for everyone at home.
It is used very rarely and if at all, for very short distances. The first servicing for the same was done on time, as per the schedule.
However, due to things like me leaving the country for some months in between, everyone sort of *forgot* to service it. I mean, it was used, occasionally, but my folks sort of forgot about it in general :P .
I took the scooter out for a ride yesterday and though did not find any major problems, I will have the scooter serviced as soon as possible. Only major irritant I found were the rats in the wheels/suspension, it squeaks away to glory!!

Is there anything specific I should ask for to be done while servicing ? The vehicle has done ~850kms till date.
Old 21st February 2010, 14:54   #1000
BHPian

folks...decided to book sccoty pep plus..on road prices totals to Rs.37900 with free accessory "front crash guard", nothing else

Does this price looks ok, or should i demand further discounts. I did try, but they dont budge from their prices.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:52   #1001
Senior - BHPian

I think I would end up booking the Dio. I had liked the activa but wifey liked the Dio. The only killing factor is the wait.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:41   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Team, I have a couple of questions:
  1. What is the mileage of Dio? (Cyrus?)
  2. Any vibrations from the body over a period of usage?
  3. How effective is the headlamp?
  4. Things to watch out for during deliver?
  5. Why are the banks not giving loans for 2 wheelers? Honda uses Fullerton India to disburse loans which I am not very comfortable with as I believe this is one company which was on the verge of going kaput during the recent recession.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:13   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
  5. Why are the banks not giving loans for 2 wheelers? Honda uses Fullerton India to disburse loans which I am not very comfortable with as I believe this is one company which was on the verge of going kaput during the recent recession.
1. Mileage is about 40, depends on how you drive. It might also increase if you constantly drive between 40-60 kmph. I usually drive at 60+ and get about 37-38 kmpl.

2. Yes, there are squeaks here and there. There was some noise coming from the dashboard which was fixed in the 2nd servicing.

3. In short, the headlamp sucks. It won't be a problem if you drive only to nearby places but not good for highways.

4. Don't know about that. I just checked if there were any scratches and squeaks.

5. When I took my bike (July '09), I guess they had HDFC loans at a good rate. I don't know the details since we made a full payment.

P.S : This isn't there in the questions you asked, but just a warning. The tires are bad. They hardly have any grip. I myself have skidded thrice when I went through a patch of water but somehow balanced myself. I don't know if this is there in all the bikes since this is the first bike I am driving.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:19   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3. In short, the headlamp sucks. It won't be a problem if you drive only to nearby places but not good for highways.

The bike would be majorly used by my wife to go to the Gym and back. Mostly city ride during the weekends.

4. Don't know about that. I just checked if there were any scratches and squeaks.

I too would check on that. Can I use the VIN number to check the date of manufacture? I think I can, still need to check.

5. When I took my bike (July '09), I guess they had HDFC loans at a good rate. I don't know the details since we made a full payment.

Okay. Thanks! I had bought my bike with cash but since this is the tax month (and next too), I thought I would go for the EMI method.

P.S : This isn't there in the questions you asked, but just a warning. The tires are bad. They hardly have any grip. I myself have skidded thrice when I went through a patch of water but somehow balanced myself. I don't know if this is there in all the bikes since this is the first bike I am driving.
Oh, tire upgrades already! I would advise my wife to ride carefully and with full security measures in place.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:28   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Mileage is 40-42 if wife uses it. 37-38 if i ride it which is seldom
2. One year since we bought it. There are no vibrations from the body in our vehicle.
3. Headlamp is good enough for in-city rides.
4. Check that the body does not have scratches, ensure all the electricals are working fine [headlamp, tail lamp, blinkers], ensure you get the tool kit, first aid kit and any relevant warranty cards for the battery, tires etc.
5. No idea about this

PS: Regarding the tires, me and wife have driven this in rains and on wet patch of roads. Yes the grip is not at par with geared bikes but for a scoot it does just fine. You should understand the limits and you should be fine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks