Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 09:18   #901
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...er-thread.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...scooter+activa

Check these
Old 20th January 2010, 09:23   #902
BHPian

Honda scooters ra are ttles like anything after on bad roads,how is the road conditions in Bangalore.Why you not considering the Aviator which has front telescopic suspensions.

And if you can wait for TVS WEGO ,am sure this will be a great scooter.

Rodeo is good but i personally don't like the plastic quality.
Suzuki access is good one again fit and finish is not up to the mark.

If you can also check the TVS streak not as powerful,but it does the job and very reliable and refined and you can save a lot even after due to the fuel efficient engine.
Old 20th January 2010, 09:27   #903
Senior - BHPian

First my questions followed by my opinion.
Questions
1. What're your requirements? Pls list them in terms of following
a. What is the purpose of buying a scooter?
b. Who'll be the primary rider?
c. What're your expectation from the scooter? Pls describe in terms of FE, performance, looks, service, price, handling & so on

My comments on your choices
4. Mahindra Rodeo is nothing but the old Kinetic flyte in a new brand name. So checking a review on Flyte would improve your knowledge on it.
3. My personal choice, so not commenting anything on it until I get your requirements
2. Activa - Proven, tested, successful model & I own one too. Again, no comments until requirements
1. Dio - Though not a hot seller, if you like it go for it

Good Luck with your choice
Old 20th January 2010, 09:29   #904
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Are you OK with the waiting period? If yes, you can go for Dio or Activa. Suzuki access is also pretty good. I bought a Dio only for its comparatively light weight and nimble handling. Perhaps you may want to elaborate your needs and selection criteria and then you can receive more replies.

Links posted by jkdas have plenty of information. I selected Dio based on the same links.
Old 20th January 2010, 09:59   #905
Senior - BHPian

I'm seeking your advise between used Dio & Activa. It may be used about 50kms max in weekends. I like Dio more but no idea why its not selling as much as Activa. The budget is about 30K

Honestly, I'm not considering any other make.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:19   #906
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I haven't had any experience with an used Dio but with Activa, yes. It was a 2 year old model and it was perfect. It never felt like a used vehicle.

But I'm not a fan of Activa and I like the Dio more and that's why we just a bought a new Dio a month back. The dio is a great handler in city traffic conditions and I just love its initial sprint. Between Activa and Dio, I would chose Dio anyday. But have no experience with an used Dio. These are my thoughts based on just one month riding experience.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:37   #907
BHPian

Rodeo has low ground clearance and the underbelly touches on speedbrakers with pillion. Seating will be uncomfortable with pillion. Build quality is okay (not as good as honda). Otherwise, the features are very good.

Activa and Dio are excellent. If you can wait, go for them (personally I prefer Aviator to these). The new Activa is very good with 110 cc engine with more FE. The dio has the old 102 cc engine, build is all plastic.

You can also consider Aviator. It has telescopic forks at the front and a bigger wheel at the front which makes it a good handler. The build quality is impeccable. Riding stance is superb.

Suzuki Access also is an excellent scooter. Performance is best of the lot. Build quality is superb. Looks bland. Suspension is on stiffer side. Mileage only 38-40 in city.

TVS Wego will be a great option too with 12 inch rims rear and back with telescopic suspension. Build quality will not be as good as Honda. Currently, it is not available yet.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 20th January 2010 at 11:39.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:49   #908
Senior - BHPian

suzuki access is a good machine
Old 20th January 2010, 12:20   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
Which of these would be a good buy. In order of preference.
1) Honda Dio: I like this but the problem is 45 - 60 days waiting
New look Dio has been launched you mught want to check it out but I dont see much Dio's on road not sure why? I am sure Dio has a much lesser waiting period than the activa.
Quote:
2) Honda Activa: Like this too, but again the problem is 45 - 60 days waiting
I think waiting period has gone up to 3 months. One of my friends just asked and was given 3 months period. But it is by far the most practical and best choice out there in the current market. Highly recommened.
Quote:
3) Suzuki Access: Don't mind but not sure of the waiting
You can get this in about 1 week.
Quote:
4) Mahindra Rodeo: Somewhat likes it, especially the features. (but the not sure how it would perform in the long run)
very recently launched so it's a bit dicey situation.

My recommendation wait it out for the Activa. You wont regret it.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:24   #910
Senior - BHPian

As you are using both vehicles, what is the FE you are getting?
Old 20th January 2010, 13:32   #911
Senior - BHPian

Booked an Aviator last week at Navi Mumbai and I have been told that the wait is 45 days. The Activa wait is 3 months . Is this delay the same every where in india or what!!
Old 20th January 2010, 14:02   #912
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
As you are using both vehicles, what is the FE you are getting?
The Activa was bought by a cousin. I'll check with him and report the FE.

My Dio gives anywhere between 35-40 kmpl. And this is with spirited driving. During the run-in period and sedate driving, I got much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The Activa wait is 3 months . Is this delay the same every where in india or what!!
From what I've heard, its the same but I had also heard that the labour problems which was causing all these delays are off. So, maybe you can push for a faster delivery time. I got mine after 74 days.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:15   #913
BHPian

Thanks Jkdas, I have looked into the links already.

parimal_g: Roads in Bangalore are pathetic. Regarding Avaitor, I feel it’s a little expensive 55k on road. I need one ASAP so can’t wait for the TVS wego.

Aargee: What're your requirements? Pls list them in terms of following
a. What is the purpose of buying a scooter?
I just need it to run errands, nearby shops etc.

b. Who'll be the primary rider?
Me. Will be used by me mainly & that too occasionally

c. What're your expectation from the scooter? Pls describe in terms of FE, performance, looks, service, price, handling & so on

Don’t really care about the FE. Need it to be a lttle powerful though. Looks are important as well. Budget of around 50k.

JVH: The main reason I want to buy a two wheeler is because I met with an accident in my santro. Will use it to travel to work till I fix the car.

ravi@64bhp & chiragh_bir: Thanks

surd_biker: I did check regarding the DIO as well as the Active, was told waiting is 45 – 60 days

PS: I use my santro mainly to travel to work, need an alternative because my car is the service station currently. I will go test drive the Rodeo & the Avaitor this weekend.

Thanks a lot guys.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:55   #914
Senior - BHPian

From what I understand is, its not for a serious purpose as such. Activa is really rugged, proven, good & trustworthy, but the suspension is a real hard one, while, Access is light weight & easy to maneuver, though I doubt if it can be handled harsh. Dio, sorry I haven't bothered to look at this one, sorry.

Looking at Rodeo, the features are real good ones (getting tempted but for the engine), but not really sure on the long term engine performance. I'm sure you would've come across this one - Honda Activa vs Kinetic Sym Flyte vs Suzuki Access - Three s company

Did you give a thought on the Aviator? What's your opinion? If I were you, I would give some serious thought on Rodeo & have Access as backup.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:03   #915
BHPian

New HONDA ACTIVA

I just bought the new ACTIVA (110cc) about 2 weeks ago and am very satisfied. Its done about 500 kms so far and have got a FE of 47+ on two top up occasions.
Time tested and reliable machine. Peace of mind.

Go for it!
But, provided you are willing to wait for the three month delivery period.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks