Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:37   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdegg View Post
So used to Maruti guys, who treat their customers so well, had called the dealer and informed and also kept him updated about the traffic, expected least courtesy to call me before leaving. Am i expecting too much?.
Send a formal written complaint to TVS customer care.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:40   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdegg View Post
I did could not get my scooty today , called the dealer in the morning, evening and two more time before leaving and also informed them that i may be little later. My drive from CV Raman nagar via old madras road and ulsoor lake took little more time than expected as the work is in progress there.

By the time i reached it was 7:30, my dealer had already closed, the service division was open and the person over there was very very rude.

So used to Maruti guys, who treat their customers so well, had called the dealer and informed and also kept him updated about the traffic, expected least courtesy to call me before leaving. Am i expecting too much?.
Frankly, you are asking for a lot. Things will have to come a long way before we may get the kind of service you expect. Right now, even the more basic higher priority stuff, like servicing/fixing bikes properly, leaves a LOT to be desired. According to my personal experience, my MASS (definitely not the few others I'v tried) is the best (relatively speaking), TVS is the middle, and BY FAR the worst is my Hero Honda dealer.

Or is it like car dealers in general have better service? Dunno... not enough experience to comment on that.

I can imagine you may have to come to terms with a lot of things as you maintain your 2 wheeer....
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:48   #873
BHPian

I am looking to buy a non geared scooter and with the launch of the new Activa and Aviator I am looking at a comparison of the Honda Activa/ Aviator and Suzuki Access on the following parameters:
1) Performance
2) Mileage
3) Ride Quality
4) Maintainability
5) Dealer and Service Quality
6) Waiting period

If you have any information that can help my decision making please do let me know. Please feel free to add information from your side.

I have tried to search this and other threads but could not find any definitive information and hence this post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd December 2009 at 16:51. Reason: Removed Extra Size & Font tags, please avoid copy pasting from external editors, thanks
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:19   #874
BHPian

Hi All,
Finally we got our Suzuki access delivered to us on 26th November. The total onroad in Hyderabad with dealer accessories came to Rs 51800/-. For a change I gave my car some rest and driving to work all the while on my scooter. I am enjoying my new found freedom and the ease of zipping through traffic on a scooter which otherwise I used to patiently wait for my front car to move.
Before i say good about Access, I would like to say that my experience with latest zen scooters is just a occassional ride on Activa and HH pleasure. I also done a test ride of TVS Streak.

Activa- Felt less powered on initial pickup with me(75 kg), my wife(50) and kid (15) but as we progressed it felt OK. I almost felt like booking it but the wiating period of 3 months is a big dampner

Dio- Did not test ride it. But the same waiting period as activa and the rude behaviour of Honda showroom guys made me feel low and walked out of the showroom.

TVS Streak- Too girly. I need to use it on some occassions and would like it to be unisex

HH Pleasure - Good vehicle. The same less pickup as activa. I came to know later that they both share the same engine.

Suzuki Access- Great pickup, good braking and nice RED color instantly won my votes. The dealer was friendly and was willing to commit a 20 day waiting period only. Though little costlier than Activa, I book it the same day.

Now, its been more than a week since I got the scooter. here are the points to summarize based on my initial experiences

+ve
1. Good Pickup
2. I found the mileage to be around 39(tankfull - tankfull)
3. Nice breaking
4. Quality of the materials used
5. Good looks

-ve
1. Sometime I feel like the seat is little hard
2. Not an access issue- May be my own genric experience( I suffer from lower back pain), I sometimes feel scooters are not good ergonomically. I used to feel comfortable on bikes

I will keep posting my experience as and when I have any to share with the rest of all. All I can share is that this is surely one to be considered among the choices we have in the current market.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:27   #875
BHPian

DAutobot@ We have Aviator for Myself & My Wife, we find it quite better than activa (We also have activa at our home town). I can help in comparison between New Honda Activa/ Aviator:
1) Performance: Both have Same engine
2) Mileage: My old Aviator gives 42-43 & New Active gives around 42.
3) Ride Quality: Better in Aviator due to Telescopic Suspension & Bigger tyre
4) Maintainability: No rattles in honda
5) Dealer and Service Quality: Dealers are rude, Service quality is Ok as there is not much of maintainance required initially.
6) Waiting period: Honda is around 3 months, Suzuki is better in this.

But from the reviews present in forum says Suzuki is having better pickup also Suzuki's engine are less trouble some & Durable.

Reasons Why I purchased Aviator:
1. Wife liked Aviator styling much more than Activa & Access
2. Vehicle is avaible & i got it in 5-6 days against Access which is having waiting of 1 month.

Last edited by shabahmad : 3rd December 2009 at 17:30.
Old 10th December 2009, 21:53   #876
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Honda production strike is finally over.
My sales exec called me to inform I might get delivery of Dio next week

He also said, customers who have booked few days/weeks ago can expect faster delivery due to production ramp up.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:45   #877
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I got the delivery of Honda Dio today.
Number plates weren't ready, so have to go to the showroom again tomorrow.

Drove about 6 kms from the showroom to the temple and a petrol pump and finally towards home. So, not much of an impression there. But the ride felt much smoother than my earlier gearless rides - Scooty and Kinetic. Believe it or not, I'm riding after nearly 2 years. After I returned from Germany to India after a gap of 2 years, my riding confidence had vanished. You won't believe I sold my 10 year Splendour because of that and I just stuck to Car or a Taxi/Auto.

During the short stint of 6 kms, I realized how easy transportation can be without the hassles of the jam and extra space of a car.

Will post pictures and further driving impressions in the next few days.

Happy riding!
Old 17th December 2009, 15:16   #878
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Rodeo!

Hi All,

Is the Rodeo doing good now? I see a lot of Rodeos on the road these days.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:19   #879
BHPian

I had been occasionally using my wife's Activa. (We had one for 18 months) What amazed me was the amazing pick-up and the ability to zoom ahead unlike the bike. But the ride itself was very unstable and risky.
When we decided to opt for a new scooter, we had thought of only Activa. On visiting Honda showroom, I learn't of the waiting period was 3-4 months. Checked with other dealers who had the scooter readily available on extra premium of Rs. 10 K above the on-road price. Did not feel it worth to spend an extra amount of Rs. 10K.

The next option was Aviator. The waiting period was lessor. But then there was no option of having a front dicky so dropped the option.

Dio was the last option since I was not so sure of the plastic body. The waiting period was 45 days for yellow-black and red-black colors. The Honda dealer had 3 Dio's with him in silver-black color. Was not to sure of the colors. But then I was running out of options. Mahindra scooters did not seem an attractive proposition. Suzuki also had a waiting period of 30 days.

So finally booked the Silver-black Dio. I wanted to have the registration of 2010. The dealer has assured the delivery in the first week of Jan 2010.

I am very exited about the Dio though I am not exactly a scooter enthusiast, the silver-black color looks good and the graphics look very attractive. Dio overall seems very sexy. Looking forward
Old 28th December 2009, 19:01   #880
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the booking!

Believe me, if you feel Activa is a street zoomer, wait for your Dio ride. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And its much more agile too.

I'm a happy Dio customer for about 2 weeks now
Old 28th December 2009, 19:22   #881
Senior - BHPian

just bought an Activa.
Side stand is a nightmare,you literally have to put it with hand
any New activa users have any suggestions?
Old 5th January 2010, 06:38   #882
Senior - BHPian

[quote=JVH;1654615]Congrats on the booking!

Believe me, if you feel Activa is a street zoomer, wait for your Dio ride. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And its much more agile too.

I'm a happy Dio customer for about 2 weeks now [!QUOTE]

+1 to that mine would complete seven years in a couple of weeks time. I still win most of the traffic signal races. At one point I had guys finding silly excuses to take mine for a ride at office when she was new.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:24   #883
Senior - BHPian

Need help choosing a new gearless scooter

My dad wants to get rid of his Activa that has done about 70k km for a new gearless scooter. The Activa is rattling quite a bit and has generally aged quite a lot due to frequent driving on bad roads.

Firstly, how much can we expect for the Activa? 70,000 km done and it was bought new in 2003. An approximate amount would be appreciated

Second, what new scooter would be good for him? He needs a vehicle that is comfortable over long distances, has a solid build and can take poor roads without fuss. Other factors like performance, looks, efficiency are secondary. The budget is around Rs.45000 though cheaper alternatives are fine as long as they fulfill his needs. Our house is near Bajaj, TVS, Honda and Hero Honda service centers so models from these companies will make servicing easier too. Which gearless scooter should he buy?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:27   #884
Senior - BHPian

Test drive Suzuki Access, heard it is pretty good!
Old 5th January 2010, 16:38   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Test drive Suzuki Access, heard it is pretty good!
+1 to that!

The front telescopic suspension should make the rides over bad roads more comfortable than the leading link suspension in the current activa. But i am not sure if the budget fits as I guess its around 47-49k on road. Not sure on the price point though.

Access has the right mix of power, suspension and also heard it has a decent FE as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks