Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 12:35   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
I require a gearless scooter, my hunt since the past one moth is not showing results. Would appreciate if bhpians could help me with gearless scooter around them being put up for sale. I stay in mumbai. You could PM me for my number.
Well you haven't mentioned your requirements, how do you expect any suggestion. Request you to be more specific.
To start I would suggest to visit the websites of gearless scooter manufacturers like Honda, Suzuki, TVS, Mahindra etc and narrow down your search. Or you go through this thread pages and you will find your answers. All the Best.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:37   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Just called up Om Sai Honda, Malad. The waiting period for Honda Activa is 11-12 months
Hand-crafted precision; Performance machines like the Activa take long to build!

On a serious note, Honda seem to be determined to upset all the markets where they had a good foothold, be it Scooters or Cars!
Old 18th May 2011, 11:35   #1623
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to this community. I had this in my mind. Don't know if this is a stupid question. I am planning to purchase a new Honda Activa, but I don't really like the kind of wheels (Steel Rims) they provide with Activa. The alloys wheels that comes with Aviator are pretty nice.

As per official Honda website (Honda)

Activa Tyre Size: Front - 90/100-10 53J
Rear - 90/100-10 53J

Aviator Tyre Size - Front - 90/90-12 54J
Rear - 90/100-10 53J

Both Alloy Wheels for Aviator, unlike Activa.

So the rear tyre details for Activa & Avaitor are same.

Can I ask showroom guys to replace Activa's steel rims (both rear & front) with Aviator's rear alloys wheels as they are of same size ?

What are the techincal difficulties involved, if any ?
Old 18th May 2011, 15:05   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Hi Guys,

Can I ask showroom guys to replace Activa's steel rims (both rear & front) with Aviator's rear alloys wheels as they are of same size ?

What are the techincal difficulties involved, if any ?
They would not do that citing technical issues. I had long time before written to Honda guys and the response I had got is as below.

"Dear Sir,
We thank you for expressing your interest in Honda products & sharing your concerns.
We would like to inform you that we do not recommend any modification in product in market; as such changes may affect the vehicle performance and life of the product / life of vehicle components. As the product has not been tested with these additions, we may not be able to cover such
modifications under warranty.
Thanking you and assuring our best attention always
Kunaal Singh
Customer Relations
Fax: 0124- 2290891
e-mail: customercare@honda2wheelersindia.com

My querry:
I own a Honda Activa (DLX) model purchased from Honda dealer in Thane in April 2010. I would like to know if the spring loaded hydraulic damper type front suspension of the Activa can be replaced with the Telescopic type suspension which is presently available in Aviator. If this can be done, I would like to know the cost of the replacement. Also I would like to know if Alloy wheels can be put on the Activa. Please let me know at the earliest"
Old 18th May 2011, 16:02   #1625
BHPian

Thanks ghodlur !!!!

May be I think if showroom guys are not ready to do it..then can we do it with local garage with after market Aviator Alloys..

even i would like to change Activa's suspension.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:17   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ghodlur !!!!

May be I think if showroom guys are not ready to do it..then can we do it with local garage with after market Aviator Alloys..

even i would like to change Activa's suspension.
But bear in mind if you do get the modifications done, the warranty will be void then as clearly stated in the mail.

Regarding the warranty part, I had a chat with the workshop manager long time back for the same modification and he reiterated the same statement.

So the option is then to go for Aviator which is some 3-4K more than the activa although is available in a shorter time as compared to activa.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:15   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l
Just called up Om Sai Honda, Malad. The waiting period for Honda Activa is 11-12 months
It's beyond ridiculous. I want to change the rear shocks on my Activa, they don't have any stock. I've now been waiting for almost two months with a horrible ride quality.
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:40   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Really sad to hear that from a owner of supposedly super reliable JAP machine. But cheer up, you are not alone. Even my experience with the aviator has never been good at all.

No doubt it has a brilliant handling. Even at 80+ kmph it feels so planted to the road. But then looks like the aviator enjoys a reputation for not being a trouble free machine.

It has left me stranded more than twice on the high way. And believe me pushing it all the way to the nearby garage is not all that easy. Thanks to some friendly neighborhood mechanics, they got my vehicle towed to their garage. On inspection it was found that my carb had a faulty float pin. Got it replaced and things were fine for sometime.

Recently at the 5000 km mark, it again got notorious. Every time I put the vehicle on the side stand, the fuel would bleed under the chasis. Got a local mechanic to inspect the vehicle, who found it to be a problem with the carb again and got it cleaned. Just hoping that I face no such instances anymore.

You must be wondering as to why I have never taken my vehicle to the Honda ASC. Well, it was during my very first service that the ASC broke the under seat storage lock and never game me replacement for that. Finally had to fight it out and get a different lock for it. As in now i have to carry two keys with me every time. One for the ignition and the other one for the under seat storage
Thanks for the reply. I saw the post sometime back, but couldn't reply at that time.

I have some questions,
1. Are all Aviators [COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]plagued [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]by this issue or is it like one off case ?
2. Can we do some preventive maintenance to avoid this issue, say check and clean the carburetor every few hundred kilometers from a local mechanic?
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:53   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
It's beyond ridiculous. I want to change the rear shocks on my Activa, they don't have any stock. I've now been waiting for almost two months with a horrible ride quality.
Have you reported this to Honda website? I would suggest give them the scenario and explain to them the horrible ride quality.
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:20   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Have you reported this to Honda website? I would suggest give them the scenario and explain to them the horrible ride quality.

Honda Website...????

Let me tell you something.....I am suffering from lower limb disability since my childhood. I wish to buy Honda Activa which I would then modify it per my requirement. I knew that Activa is selling with 8-10 months of waiting period, still I went to Honda Authorised Sales & Service Centre and ask them if they can consider me with special attention and if they can make Activa available ASAP. I also told them that I can wait for month or so If they want me to.

To this, they turn down my request. They said that Honda will ask them why they took such a initiative without their consent.

The showroom manager were kind enough though. She told me to submit an written application with Disability Certificate etc.

Next Day...I wrote an email to Honda (customercare@honda2wheelersindia.com) and made same request.

Following is the reply i received.

We would like to appraise you that, Honda products are distinctive in Features & Style, and there is a continuous high demand for Honda Bikes. As we consider each one of our customers as unique and equally valuable, we have implemented a booking system so that our dealers should execute orders strictly on a first come first served basis. We feel in current situation, this is the best and fairest way. We do understand your typical problem and the urgent need for a two -wheeler but in view of the reasons explained above you would appreciate we are not in a position to ask our dealer to break the rule and deliver vehicles on an out of turn basis. We are sure that ‘Honda Activa DLX’ would be worth the wait.
Kunaal Singh
Customer Relations
Morale of the Story:
Honda's 2 Wheeler section is not at all interested in improving SERVICE STANDARDS !!!
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:44   #1631
Senior - BHPian

I dont think you could have expected any other reply than the one given above. The thing is nobody on the list wants to be bumped down. Anybody who wants a two wheeler that urgently just has to move away from Honda.
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:55   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I dont think you could have expected any other reply than the one given above. The thing is nobody on the list wants to be bumped down. Anybody who wants a two wheeler that urgently just has to move away from Honda.
Has this actually slowed down Honda sales? I guess not. I do agree that people with special needs to be given a special ear to but the arrogance of Honda is unthinkable of. Unfortunately I am a customer of Honda too.
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:30   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Honda Website...????

Let me tell you something.....I am suffering from lower limb disability since my childhood. I wish to buy Honda Activa which I would then modify it per my requirement. I knew that Activa is selling with 8-10 months of waiting period, still I went to Honda Authorised Sales & Service Centre and ask them if they can consider me with special attention and if they can make Activa available ASAP. I also told them that I can wait for month or so If they want me to.

To this, they turn down my request. They said that Honda will ask them why they took such a initiative without their consent.

The showroom manager were kind enough though. She told me to submit an written application with Disability Certificate etc.

Next Day...I wrote an email to Honda (customercare@honda2wheelersindia.com) and made same request.

Following is the reply i received.

We would like to appraise you that, Honda products are distinctive in Features & Style, and there is a continuous high demand for Honda Bikes. As we consider each one of our customers as unique and equally valuable, we have implemented a booking system so that our dealers should execute orders strictly on a first come first served basis. We feel in current situation, this is the best and fairest way. We do understand your typical problem and the urgent need for a two -wheeler but in view of the reasons explained above you would appreciate we are not in a position to ask our dealer to break the rule and deliver vehicles on an out of turn basis. We are sure that ‘Honda Activa DLX’ would be worth the wait.
Kunaal Singh
Customer Relations
Morale of the Story:
Honda's 2 Wheeler section is not at all interested in improving SERVICE STANDARDS !!!
Good to See some one from Dombivli, for the pathetic roads we have don't even look at Honda Activa, Have you test drove the TVS Wego, you give Honda dealer 10k more they will give you Activa on the Spot, If you know the Sub dealer near Venkatesh Petrol Pump, just go to the back side and see the number of Honda scooter standing there. Go for Wego it has far more better Ride than Activa over bad roads, better Initial Pickup, good looks, better head light for safer night ride.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:59   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Go for Wego it has far more better Ride than Activa over bad roads, better Initial Pickup, good looks, better head light for safer night ride.
Agreed!!

If bad roads are a major part of your travel, then TVS Wego/Access from Suzuki makes more sense due to their telescopic front suspension. Also Wego has 12 inch wheels both front and back which helps in a plusher ride with better control. So dump Honda scoots since you need a scoot in a month and go with Wego or Access!!
Old 24th May 2011, 18:04   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Good to See some one from Dombivli, for the pathetic roads we have don't even look at Honda Activa, Have you test drove the TVS Wego, you give Honda dealer 10k more they will give you Activa on the Spot, If you know the Sub dealer near Venkatesh Petrol Pump, just go to the back side and see the number of Honda scooter standing there. Go for Wego it has far more better Ride than Activa over bad roads, better Initial Pickup, good looks, better head light for safer night ride.
Thanks Parimal !!!!

I agree..i must start thinking abt options other than Activa. Note that currently i am using Activa 2004 model. Off late it has started giving me run for my money. Mileage is quite low b'coz of the fact is 2 Wheeler engine is pulling 4 (2 extra wheels for balancing) wheels since last 6 odd years..arnd 50k on my km meter. It has served its time. I believe.

Last month one of the mumbai based organisation (run for & by physically challenged guys) contacted me and checked if i am interested in selling my vehcile. I am ready to do that provided if i get a new machine.

So hunting for it.

I personally like Honda products, though not their service.

Will take Wego suggestion seriously, any idea what is the mileage on TVS Wego!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks