Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 13:43   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

@Rajeswaran

Why do you mention Side stand and Indicator buzzers as accessories you "opted" for??Are they not supposed to be standard??
Old 16th March 2011, 13:48   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What about under body coating(Anti rust). Suggest you get that done too. I got it done for my Activa with a 5 yrs warranty. Make it a point everytime to instruct the SA during services for inspection of the coating.
Thanks for pointing that out, I had not thought about it. Will check with the sales gal on that.
Old 16th March 2011, 14:16   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
@Rajeswaran

Why do you mention Side stand and Indicator buzzers as accessories you "opted" for??Are they not supposed to be standard??
Thats the speciality of Honda. All they give your during the delivery is bare scooter with only central stand, rest all have to be purchased seperately. For that matter even the number plate too. What they give in return - your scooter with max 1 lts fuel and advise you to get the refueling done at your cost.
Old 16th March 2011, 14:38   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
Hi Shabbir,
Your Activa must be manufactured in 2011. Decoding our bike/scooter VIN is simillar to car VIN decoding(At least in case of Honda's, as I had check only that). The first two characters "ME" indicate that it is manucatured in India and the tenth character in your VIN is "B" which indicates that it is a 2011 Model. Modern VIN series restarts after 30 years and the old series stared in 1980 (Experts please correct if I am wrong) and definitely our vehicle cannot be from 1981 :-).

This link also helped me.

Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another way to cross check is to check the sticker in your chassis. It has the exact date of manufacture printed on it (I saw mine before it was stuck to the chassis just lying around in the helmet compartment, I am not sure where they stick it).

Hope this helps.
Thanks Rajeshwaran, Activa is for my Dad, he is purchasing it in Bhilai & i am in pune, so cannot visibly inspect it.
Old 16th March 2011, 16:38   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Hi Rajeshwaran,

Can you help me to identify the manufacture year, VIN: ME4JC448CB8124615

Thanks
Looks like this is a March 2011 manufactured vehicle.( 9th & 10th digit are C & B indicating C for March & B for 2011).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats the speciality of Honda. All they give your during the delivery is bare scooter with only central stand, rest all have to be purchased seperately.
I had inquired about Aviator here & the dealer said I have to choose between these two options, either pay about 2800 extra for all the basic accessories or pay 740/- for side-step,side stand & number plate.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:25   #1536
Senior - BHPian

This is definitely news to me. The Honda dealer did not mention what were included in the accessories, when he mentioned that one has to buy almost 2000rs worth of accessories when I had gone to inquire. And as I didnt want to buy any of them so I did not make detailed queries.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:35   #1537
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm planning to book a WHITE ACTIVA for my sister this weekend.
White activa is in bold because Its hard to change the requirements of any female

My enquiry with Silicon Honda gave me the following details:

Price - Rs.52400 On road
Basic accessories Rs.2500+ (Number plates,indicator buzzer,side stand,guard,side step)
So it will come to Rs.55000+
Waiting Period 100 days
Booking amount Rs.1000 Minimum

Its surprising to me that a number plate is treated as an accessory but thats how its always been.
We already have an old Activa and recently sold an Aviator and we had bought the same accessories for those two vehicles as well.

Now is there any other dealer where I can get a better rate?
Waiting period is fine since my sister and my brother-in-law are in london at present and will only come in april.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 16th March 2011 at 17:37.
Old 16th March 2011, 18:06   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its surprising to me that a number plate is treated as an accessory but thats how its always been.
Now is there any other dealer where I can get a better rate?
Waiting period is fine since my sister and my brother-in-law are in london at present and will only come in april.
You might be able to get a 1000-1500 discount tops, based on their attitude to sell you the bike. And yes its really frustrating that number plates are treated as accessories. I won't be surprised if they start treating the RVM's as accessories as well and not provide it with the bike.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:26   #1539
Senior - BHPian

RVMs cannot be treated as accessories, as they are legal requirements for certification of a vehicle. They have to be offered as standard.

@hemanth
Looking at the price you have quoted, my surprise at Mahindra's price point has just gone up a notch or two. I got a fully stocked Rodeo, including a teflon coat, at just 48000rs.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:38   #1540
SRK
Senior - BHPian

What would a good price for a 2008 registered Honda Dio.
It has done around 10,000 kms.

I have been quoted Rs.36,000/-

What do you guys suggest? What would be the correct price for it.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:42   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
What would a good price for a 2008 registered Honda Dio. It has done around 10,000 kms. I have been quoted Rs.36,000/-
What do you guys suggest? What would be the correct price for it.
For reference, I sold wifey's Dio, which was a 2009 model and had done 8800kms for Rs. 35000/-. So for this one you can go up to 32k if its in an excellent condition.

@julupani, the statement about RVM's was in jest!
Old 16th March 2011, 22:55   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Wife inquired about seat modifications. She wants to lower the height by an inch or two.
The only option is to cut the foam and then fix new seat covers. Total cost would be about Rs. 300-350. In case we are not satisfied with the output, then would fix the foam back and try to restore the seat to the original shape.

I wonder if anyone has tried this.
A new seat from Suzuki costs Rs. 1450 (approx.).
Old 17th March 2011, 08:37   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
You will further surprised to know that there is only one number plate provision in Activa. The front number plate is usually a sticker and Honda gets away with that for the cost of the plate. The sticker I must say is quite a sturdy one. No matter how many times the scooter is washed, absolutely on effect on the sticker.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:57   #1544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
RVMs cannot be treated as accessories, as they are legal requirements for certification of a vehicle. They have to be offered as standard.

@hemanth
Looking at the price you have quoted, my surprise at Mahindra's price point has just gone up a notch or two. I got a fully stocked Rodeo, including a teflon coat, at just 48000rs.
Rodeo is slightly cheper but the price I have posted is Bangalore price.
This is KARNATAKA sir, road tax is one of the highest in the country

Rodeo would be some 52-53k here.
Mahindra Website quotes 48.7k for Orissa and 51k for Karnataka.
Welcome to Mahindra
Old 17th March 2011, 12:10   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
You might be able to get a 1000-1500 discount tops, based on their attitude to sell you the bike. And yes its really frustrating that number plates are treated as accessories. I won't be surprised if they start treating the RVM's as accessories as well and not provide it with the bike.
Abhinav,
Please let me know the showroom which gives discount on Activa. This is news to me, specially in bangalore.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks