Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 14:26   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
.......Very very comfortable maintaining 80-85kmph on the speedo, though I think there must be atleast a 8-10% error in that reading
Get your speedo checked ASAP. The specs on the official webpage says the Maximum Speed is 80Kmph. Just wondering

The Gearless Scooter Thread-untitled.png

Welcome to Mahindra

Quote:
Top speed on the speedo was 103kmph, with the tachometer( the only scoot I know which has one ) doing 7500rpm.
How could this be possible when the top speed is limited to 80kmph?
Old 27th April 2011, 16:07   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Most speedos have some degree of error in them, and have a range of speed in which they are designed to function. Obviously I dont think my true speed was over a 100kmph, bu definitely close to 90kmph.

Also, the 80kmph is probably a indicative value, not an actual value. Do you the top speed is so nicely rounded up?? Also every vehcile has a slightly different top speed.
Old 27th April 2011, 16:21   #1593
BHPian

Yesterday, the battery of my Honda Dio conked off, in just 20 months. Took it to the nearby battery shop, but since they were closing down, told me to come back tomorrow. Doesn't the battery serve easily for at least 3-4 years? Does the service center change the battery or I can do it in a battery shop? I would not like the warranty to get void.

Last edited by prateekm : 27th April 2011 at 16:40.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:07   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Doesn't the battery serve easily for at least 3-4 years? Does the service center change the battery or I can do it in a battery shop? I would not like the warranty to get void.
Battery warranty is separate to your vehicle warranty. You can get it charged at any battery shop since the warranty on the battery is only for 1 year generally.

And yes, if you maintain the acid level in the battery and use the vehicle regularly, it will serve you trouble free for 2-3 years at least.

Normally the service center does not bother to check the acid levels in the battery and top it up if required.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:08   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Service centers do many a time charge the battery, especially when they find the overall charge low. But what exactly do you mean by the battery conking off?? Just discharged, or permanently down and not recharging??
Old 4th May 2011, 01:05   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Help - scratches

Hi all,

A building is getting constructed right next to my bikes parking. My Dio, Hunk and Spirit are now full of polka dots of cement which have dried over the vehicles.

Someone suggested that I use kerosene to remove the spots; I did that and now the Dio is in a very bad shape because of the cement removal scratches.

What's the best possible way to remove the cement form Hunk and how to rectify the scratches from Dio?

Please help!
Old 4th May 2011, 11:30   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help - scratches

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi all,

A building is getting constructed right next to my bikes parking. My Dio, Hunk and Spirit are now full of polka dots of cement which have dried over the vehicles.

Someone suggested that I use kerosene to remove the spots; I did that and now the Dio is in a very bad shape because of the cement removal scratches.

What's the best possible way to remove the cement form Hunk and how to rectify the scratches from Dio?

Please help!
Use a piece of cut lemon, rub it into the affected area and wipe !
Old 4th May 2011, 12:13   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Urgent: Fuel Leak Problem from Mahindra Flyte

Hi folks,

Not quite sure where to post this since I searched for similar thread but couldn't find one.

Our Kinetic Flyte has suddenly sprung a fuel leak. Petrol is leaking from the bottom of the bike. It was absolutely fine till my wife took it for a refuel this morning. She says she asked him to top up the tank rather than fill up 100/- as she usually does. Just after the fill-up, the petrol pump attendant told her that her fuel was leaking (she didn't notice it leaking before then). She has parked it at a garage next to the petrol station- have asked her strictly not to start the bike since there is a danger of it catching fire or something.

I asked if she hit anything hard but she says she hasn't. A friend suggested that maybe someone tried to pilfer petrol by cutting the fuel line. But why should that show up only after filling up the tank?

The garage guy is quoting 200/- to "open the bike" and says if it is a fuel tank issue it will cost 1000/- to replace the tank. I think that's a little suspicious so asked her not to let him touch it yet. One option is to take it to the official Mahindra service station but that's quite a distance away and not possible without starting it.

What could be the problem? And the solution?
Old 4th May 2011, 12:35   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Re: Urgent: Fuel Leak Problem from Mahindra Flyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
......What could be the problem? And the solution?
Well.. had a similar experience with my Aviator that has barely run a few thousand kilometers. Every time we top the fuel tank, the fuel would leak.

One local garage suggested that the fuel tank has rusted and another one went on to change the float pin. But nothing worked and we were clueless.

After many trials, we found that the actual problem was with the carburetter. Got the carburetter cleaned and refitted and the problem never occurred later.

Don't know if this could solve your fuel leak issue. You may like to give it a try.

EDIT: You may like to check out my post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2313768 Post #1589

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 4th May 2011 at 12:41.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 12:52   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....What could be the problem? And the solution?
What model is your Flyte?

In the 2008 models there was a design flaw with the fuel tanks leading to fuel leaks. Ours was a May 2008 model and we faced the issue with the leak when the fuel is topped up. If we fill only half tank or lesser than that then there were no issues. The fuel tank was replaced under warranty after which we did not face the problem. It was claimed to have been fixed from the 2009 model onwards but not sure of the same.

If the vehicle is in warranty then its worth taking it to the ASC and getting it checked. If its indeed the fuel tank issue then it will be fixed in warranty.

Else the suggestion provided by WarwithWheels also can be given a try with the carburetor setting and cleaning.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 13:05   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our Kinetic Flyte has suddenly sprung a fuel leak. Petrol is leaking from the bottom of the bike.
@noopster,

Thats bad, can you post some pics of the leak? If the tank has taken a hit then might be due to some rusting too? Any idea if you had got the anti rust applied underneath the body.

Better to show it to the Mahindra guys? Do let us know when it gets resolved.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 13:08   #1602
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks folks. Abhinav- that seems to be the problem, though ours is a 2009 August model. I will definitely take it to Mahindra A.S.S. since vehicle is still under warranty.

Unfortunately am in office and the bike is near home so haven't seen the problem myself yet. So no pics.

Keep you posted...
Old 4th May 2011, 13:34   #1603
BHPian

My wifes Flyte had developed the same kind of leak. It has been few weeks now. The leak only occurs when the tank is filled fully, 100 rupees petrol will not cause it.

We had the Mahindra official service centre guys come over and inspect the bike. They found that the fuel tank is broken and needs replacement. The tank needs to be ordered in and so we are waiting for the new tank to arrive. Since the bike is not used much, it is ok for us to wait. We had moved the bike from Trivandrum to Cochin and back on truck, probably the damage occured during one of these transits. The design of the bike is not that appealing anyway, it bottoms out quite easily.

Ours is also a 2008 model bike, we are out of warranty and the cost of the tank was quoted to be approx 1000/-. Hopefully, the new tank will solve the issue.

@noopster please keep the thread updated. I will do so too.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 4th May 2011 at 13:45.
Old 4th May 2011, 13:55   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
.... we are out of warranty and the cost of the tank was quoted to be approx 1000/-. Hopefully, the new tank will solve the issue.
Sad that the bike is out of warranty. The cost of the tank seems about right. And we did not have a problem with fuel leaks from late 2008 till Oct 2010 when we sold the Flyte. So it should fix the issues.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:01   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
What model is your Flyte?

In the 2008 models there was a design flaw with the fuel tanks leading to fuel leaks. Ours was a May 2008 model and we faced the issue with the leak when the fuel is topped up. If we fill only half tank or lesser than that then there were no issues.
Why weren't these batch of Flytes being recalled for replacement of the fuel tank. Also one thing which I was wondering is that how the tank leaks when filled half or less which means the leak is above the half mark I guess and not from anywhere at the bottom of the tank. What would cause such a leak?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks