Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 11:37   #1651
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
What is the onroad price of TVS Wego? I got a quote of Rs.52,600 from Cochin TVS. This includes road tax, insurance and registration cost. Is this price right or on the higher side?
You can save on the insurance though, if you look for options outside what the dealer is providing. For a 2W the difference can be less, but worth exploring.
Old 31st May 2011, 12:20   #1652
BHPian

I got a TVS Scooty Streak for the wife recently and have a doubt - is there no fuel knob? When I took delivery and was on my way the the petrol bunk, the bike switched off, but I could still hear quite a bit of fuel in the fuel tank. So I was just wondering if there is a reserve option for the Scooty.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:05   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I got a TVS Scooty Streak for the wife recently and have a doubt - is there no fuel knob? When I took delivery and was on my way the the petrol bunk, the bike switched off, but I could still hear quite a bit of fuel in the fuel tank. So I was just wondering if there is a reserve option for the Scooty.
I don't think there is any fuel knob on the Scooty. I know there isn't any on the Wego. You need to estimate the amount of fuel from the fuel guage needle only. Besides, even after the fuel is completely over and the scoot shuts down, there will still be some amount of fuel left in the tank, that is what you'd have heard.

Prajwal
Old 31st May 2011, 16:38   #1654
BHPian

[quote=Sanyd1711;2370694]I am sorry to say this, but no company provides this addditional fitment. We surely have to buy vehicle from open market and send it to person at Jogeshwari (Mumbai). He charges arnd 15k's for extra wheels and a underbody chasis which keeps these wheels together, does his job pretty neet. I must say.

So...this is how the warranty is violated the day we buy it.....

So Finally I have decided to get Honda Activa. Tried Wego...must say it was quite better than Activa. But the Glove Box (compulsory) placed at front was playing devil. I cud not place my legs properly b'coz of that.
So had to ruled it out. I personally dont like Suzuki Acccess.

So final winner is Honda Activa. I'll pay booking amt in next couple of days.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:08   #1655
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking at a 2006 scooty pep+ that is being quoted for 23000/- (non-nego) and has run 30k. Brand new tyres and battery and it seems to be in very good condition. Regular servicing and in shape.

Is it worth the deal?.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:24   #1656
BHPian

I took my wife for test drive of Wego at TVS dealership, after the test drive of Wego, streak and pep+ she ended up finalizing on the Scooty pep+.

The dealer quoted Rs.41200 (including Road tax+Regn+Insurrance). Is this the right price for pep+?
The choice of colors were limited and they have Black, Red and Pink only. On enquiring about other colors, the dealer was not interested and said other colors need to be ordered separately and the waiting time will be over a month.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:46   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyd1711 View Post
Congratulations. So its back to the same grind again. Would this buy be through the same dealer where you had a harrowing time or different one this time.

Is there garage/workshop in Dombivli which can provide the additional wheels fitment? I guess there are some good garages behind the Pendharkar college, the road going to Kalyan or in the MIDC area going towards Premier company. Its been ages since I have been to Dombivli, so just guessing.
Old 3rd June 2011, 08:19   #1658

[quote=Sanyd1711;2372917]
Quote:
I am sorry to say this, but no company provides this addditional fitment. We surely have to buy vehicle from open market and send it to person at Jogeshwari (Mumbai). He charges arnd 15k's for extra wheels and a underbody chasis which keeps these wheels together, does his job pretty neet. I must say.

So...this is how the warranty is violated the day we buy it.....

So Finally I have decided to get Honda Activa. Tried Wego...must say it was quite better than Activa. But the Glove Box (compulsory) placed at front was playing devil. I cud not place my legs properly b'coz of that.
So had to ruled it out. I personally dont like Suzuki Acccess.

Hey, I believe Wego is available without glove box as well. Earlier, they were not available without the glove box, but now they are. would advise checking with the dealer. Its available in other parts of the country, so if its still not available in Mumbai (without glove box), should be coming in some days...
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:33   #1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Guys,

Wifey had been asking for a scooter for long (she's a housewife, and apparently a scooter will be a great help in household chores, Gawd! plz help me understand women), bit I somehos managed to delay the inevitable. Now she had finally put her foot down, and I have no option but to get one.

I know as much abt scooters, as Saurav Ganguly knows abt playing hook shot. Thus, it's basically a distress call, help me out. Help me in choosing a scotter for her. The basic requirements are:

1. Easy driveability and maneuverability for both of us. Wifey is 5' whereas I am 5'10".
2. Decent power, good mileage, ok style and low maintenance.
3. Low initial damages.
4. Auto-transmission and self-start

I have considered the following -

Honda Activa/Dio
TVS Suzuki Pep
Kinetic Nova
Bajaj Wave

So guys, let the suggessions come pouring in ;-)

\N
Hey,

Would suggest Wego (priamrily because of the engine and drivabililty). Among other small things, they have this easy-to-use centre stand which is very appreciated by girls/ladies. Just ask any lady to put Honda Activa on the centre stand and u'll know the difference. The only downside is the service network. The dealer network is still wafer thin and I somehow don't see them acting professionally. If you have used older bajaj bikes, u'll know the importance of good service stations/network.

Second best would be honda Activa. While enough has already written about it, would warn you against the long waiting list and high headedness of honda dealers.

Would put Suzuki Access as third option.

Please note that all of these are bigger scooters, if you want something small, you might wanna look at TVS scooty etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:31   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_2580 View Post
Hey,

Would suggest Wego (priamrily because of the engine and drivabililty). Among other small things, they have this easy-to-use centre stand which is very appreciated by girls/ladies. Just ask any lady to put Honda Activa on the centre stand and u'll know the difference. The only downside is the service network. The dealer network is still wafer thin and I somehow don't see them acting professionally. If you have used older bajaj bikes, u'll know the importance of good service stations/network.

Second best would be honda Activa. While enough has already written about it, would warn you against the long waiting list and high headedness of honda dealers.

Would put Suzuki Access as third option.

Please note that all of these are bigger scooters, if you want something small, you might wanna look at TVS scooty etc.

Hope this helps.
Er...Himanshu, I asked this question about 6 years ago and now have a Honda Aviator, which averages about 800 KMs per year :-(
Old 4th June 2011, 01:53   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Er...Himanshu, I asked this question about 6 years ago and now have a Honda Aviator, which averages about 800 KMs per year :-(

Aviator is quite a nice lil scoot but why such a low mileage yet?? 800 kms are next to nothing. The only parallel that I can draw of is of a 5 year old scooty pep plus with only 6000 kms clocked thanks to its owner using her car and living away from home almost every now and then.

Regards.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:15   #1662
BHPian

[quote=himanshu_2580;2376533]
Quote:

Hey, I believe Wego is available without glove box as well. Earlier, they were not available without the glove box, but now they are. would advise checking with the dealer. Its available in other parts of the country, so if its still not available in Mumbai (without glove box), should be coming in some days...
Hey Himanshu...

I had taken a closer look at the models available in Dombivili atleast. All Wego comes with glove box...in fact the glove box is moulded with body shape (plastic) itself...so no chance.. Dont know if TVS is launching anything without it....no point for me atleast...took delivery of Activa last Sunday.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:21   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations. So its back to the same grind again. Would this buy be through the same dealer where you had a harrowing time or different one this time.

Is there garage/workshop in Dombivli which can provide the additional wheels fitment? I guess there are some good garages behind the Pendharkar college, the road going to Kalyan or in the MIDC area going towards Premier company. Its been ages since I have been to Dombivli, so just guessing.
Yeah...somehow not able to get away from Honda...

I bought it from a sub-dealer..cant help it. Taken delivery last Sunday.
There are garages where you said they are....but they dont do these kinda work...there is one in Kalyan though. But he charges arnd 2k more and his job is also not that good. I will take it to Jogeshwari (West).

New Activa is standing in parking cover...
Old 7th June 2011, 16:38   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Hey ghodlur.....

My earlier question remained unanswered...can i fix Avaitor Suspension and rear wheel alloy (same size as Activa) to Acitva...as i said earlier...my warranty is not going to help me b'coz of the extra wheel fitment....so it out of question....

I am just concerned abt technical issues for this suspension and alloy job....if any.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:01   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My earlier question remained unanswered...can i fix Avaitor Suspension and rear wheel alloy (same size as Activa) to Acitva.
As said in the posts earlier, the answer is no if you go through Honda A.S.S but maybe if you get it done though an independent garage. I would not know if Honda would sell you the telescopic suspensions over the counter for you to go ahead with the modification.

Have you tried asking the person who would fit the additional wheels whether this modification is possible and also any negatives which may arise out of it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks