Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:53   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

I was communicated by the Honda Workshop guys about a maintenance plan of 1 year for my Honda Activa costing around 750/-. This will include 4 services in a year and will include all the service charges excluding the consumables. For every consumable used, a 5% discount is offered on the cost. Otherwise every service would entail a cost of Rs 250-300/- depending upon the service.

Should I go for this AMC? Advise.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:47   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
mail4loys,julupani.My flyte faces a wierd problem.When i am travelling at above 30 kmph and press only the front brakes,i feel a juddering in the handlebar.feels like i am travelling on some road full of pebbles or travelling over a series of small humps.Can you guys confirm whether you too face the same problem?
I don't have any such issues. Check it with a competent mechanic and he should be able to fix this out.
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:23   #1503
BHPian

Hi,

I bought a new Aviator recently. For the past 2 days I feel a kind of drag that drive belt is a bit tight. Same kind of feeling when you have bike's chain overtightened and you can feel the drag. It is compounded with a pillion and on uneven roads.
Also, sometimes it feels as if the drive belt has a joint.

Service center guys say it is normal and is due to host of wires(brakes, etc) going through the body of the vehicle.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks.
Old 7th March 2011, 20:02   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Completed the 4th free service of my Activa on Saturday at 2500kms on the odo. the cost of service was 165/- due to the oil change. After the service the engine seems super smooth but the suspensions are still a big headache.

I was offered a AMC for a year costing 700/- including 4 free services. Usually each paid service would be costing in the range of 250-300/-. Would taking an AMC help since any parts or labour during the services would entitle additional costs.
That's pretty cheap. I paid 700 for the service of my Activa recently at Haiku HondaJakkasandra, Bangalore, to which they added a whole lot of other labour charges. The worst part is that two major problems (front wheel sound and bad rear suspension) that I told them about didn't get fixed. I think I got royally screwed by them.
Old 7th March 2011, 20:07   #1505
Senior - BHPian

I had a word with the maintenance manager during the recent chek up of the Activa regarding the check carried out for the suspensions since my Activa's front suspension bears the brunt because of the uneven paver blocks installed thanks to the Thane Muncipal Corporation. But the Managerwas the opinion its just the gerasing and visual inspection for both the suspensions. He also had the nerve to tell me that suspensions can be changed under warranty if I had taken an extended one too.
Old 7th March 2011, 22:47   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
. But the Managerwas the opinion its just the gerasing and visual inspection for both the suspensions. He also had the nerve to tell me that suspensions can be changed under warranty if I had taken an extended one too.
He is more interested in selling the extended warranty to you rather than advising and fixing this issue. Hope he doest come up with excuses that these part are not covered under warranty one you have it!!!
Old 11th March 2011, 17:12   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Finally getting Access for my wife today.
However the dealer says: Take the bike today, will give documents on Tuesday.
I am insisting on a delivery note at least with the bike, but he is not committing.
The bike has got registered and the number has also come (is what the dealer is saying).
Old 11th March 2011, 17:38   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Finally getting Access for my wife today.
However the dealer says: Take the bike today, will give documents on Tuesday.
I am insisting on a delivery note at least with the bike, but he is not committing.
The bike has got registered and the number has also come (is what the dealer is saying).
Normal practice in Bangalore is you get receipt for the bike, which shows base price, sales tax etc. and tax paid receipt(road tax paid to RTO) and insurance papers along with delivery.
Actual registration papers take a while to come, which is fine. In your case he should give at least minimal papers like reciept, and insurance. without insurance you cant drive on road legally
Old 11th March 2011, 20:21   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Actual registration papers take a while to come, which is fine. In your case he should give at least minimal papers like reciept, and insurance. without insurance you cant drive on road legally
Totally agree. When we bought the Dio, we got the tax paid receipt, vehicle invoice showing the amount we have paid for the bike, insurance papers and the warranty cards. The actual RC book arrived after 30 days of taking delivery. I was told that until the RC book arrived, i can show the tax paid receipt if asked for the RC book by the traffic cops.

@SUN, insist on getting the above set of papers without which as pointed out, its illegal to drive.
Old 12th March 2011, 07:43   #1510
Senior - BHPian

I did take delivery without anything but invoices for the amount paid, but the insurance papers were delivered to my home just the next day. The registration card took about 15 more days to arrive.
Old 12th March 2011, 21:12   #1511
Senior - BHPian

I will be getting my documents on Monday or Tuesday. The RTO documents will take upto 4 months, is what the dealer has mentioned. I don't know if that is normal for Pune RTO.
Does anyone know what is the service interval for Access? And what is the way to run-in the engine?
Where do I find the engine number and chassis number?
Old 13th March 2011, 07:49   #1512
Senior - BHPian

4months!!!! Will they register in Timbuktu???!!!

Even in a state like Jharkhand, I got my registration card in less than 15days, which by the way I considered to be a very long time.

In Orissa, my home state, all documents for our Punto, including dealer supplied number plates, were received in less than a week from delivery.
Old 14th March 2011, 08:27   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I will be getting my documents on Monday or Tuesday. The RTO documents will take upto 4 months, is what the dealer has mentioned. I don't know if that is normal for Pune RTO.
Does anyone know what is the service interval for Access? And what is the way to run-in the engine?
Where do I find the engine number and chassis number?
C'mon 4 months for RTO papers. Max to max it takes 3-4 weeks and not more than that. The Dealer is taking you for a ride. Demand him that he arranges for the papers within a fortnight.

I got my Activa papers in 10 days.
Old 14th March 2011, 09:31   #1514
Senior - BHPian

^ Just to clarify, it is the smart card that will take 4 months.
To be honest, I don't know what other documents are to be expected from RTO.
Old 14th March 2011, 09:46   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Even I am talking about the smart-card only, other than that some states give an actual certificate of registration as well. The actual number of the vehicle is allotted within one or two days. In Orissa we received the certificate and the number allotted withing 2days. The actual smart card arrived in 5-6days along with the dealer supplied number plates.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks