Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 14:59   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Actually, Pune RTO is indeed taking that much time for providing registration papers/smart card.
You can get your tax receipt/insurance papers immediately though.

@S_U_N: You can find the chassis number in general etched under the seat somewhere.
Congrats on your new vehicle. Do let us know your general impressions on the same. An ownership report with some pics would benefit many too! Hope your family enjoys the new ride and always ride with a good helmet!
Old 15th March 2011, 09:34   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Update: I have got the following:
1. User manual (which includes service coupons). This manual looks like a photocopy. I was expecting something better from a two wheeler company.
2. Invoice (including sales tax and some other details)
3. Insurance photo-copy. Original will be sent directly from insurance company to my residence within 4-5 days (this is what the dealer has mentioned)
4. Tax paid receipt (in original)

RTO will send an SMS when the smart-card is ready. My understanding is that RTO will send the smart card to the dealer and then I have to collect it from him.

Now, which of these documents should I be keeping with the two-wheeler?
1. Tax paid receipt (photo-copy)
2. Insurance (photo-copy)
3. Any other?

I will surely upload the pictures over the weekend. There are still a few changes/ accessories that my wife is looking to get (this is her bike).
1. RVM's with integrated turn indicators (I am not sure, but she has seen something like this on another white Access).
2. Seat modification or a thinner seat (she is slightly uncomfortable with the height, since Access seating position is higher than Activa.
3. White seat cover (maybe waterproof) to match the white color of the bike.

I wonder if warranty is void by making such changes.
A trip to Nana Peth is now on our agenda.

Along with the above, she would also need a white helmet. I have read the thread on helmets and Vega seems to be the brand in sub-2000 rupees category. I am not sure where we would find that in Pune though.

My initial impressions (I am just a pillion rider)
1. The bike is heavy.
2. The pick up is very good
3. The ride quality is smooth even on bumpy roads.
4. The service intervals are very short. Need to visit the service center almost every 2 months.

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th March 2011 at 09:37.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:14   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
3. Any other? (Keep Copy of Sales Invoice)

1. RVM's with integrated turn indicators (I am not sure, but she has seen something like this on another white Access).
2. Seat modification or a thinner seat (she is slightly uncomfortable with the height, since Access seating position is higher than Activa.
3. White seat cover (maybe waterproof) to match the white color of the bike.
If you are visiting NanaPeth there is Big Helmet Shop on Bootee Street. Try in that shop, he doesn't negotiate much. Also let me know where you do the seat modification and integrated Turn indicators. I also need to do it in my wife's avaitor.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:39   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RTO will send an SMS when the smart-card is ready. My understanding is that RTO will send the smart card to the dealer and then I have to collect it from him.
Will the SMS be sent to you? Normally the smart card is sent to the dealer since he does the registration formalities.

Quote:
3. Any other?
All of the above plus the driving license copy, PUC certificate, Workshop phone nos (come handy).

Quote:
Access already has the in built turn indicators, why the need for Integrated turn indicators? BTW are they mounted on the RVM's seperately or you are going to replace the stock RVM's with the new ones.

Quote:
The service intervals are very short. Need to visit the service center almost every 2 months
There would also be a mention of the servicing as per Kms run in the manual. Refer them instead of the monthly frequency.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:44   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Will the SMS be sent to you? Normally the smart card is sent to the dealer since he does the registration formalities.

I think the SMS will be sent to me by RTO (as a status update). But again, I don't want to take the dealer's word on this. I will be pinging him every few weeks till I get the smart card.

All of the above plus the driving license copy, PUC certificate, Workshop phone nos (come handy).

Thanks. Will include those. I am assuming PUC is not required for first 6 months.

Access already has the in built turn indicators, why the need for Integrated turn indicators? BTW are they mounted on the RVM's seperately or you are going to replace the stock RVM's with the new ones.

Well, it is just for cosmetics. Have you ever been in a situation where you can strike a deal with your wife? You allow her to pimp up her ride and she in turn allows you to pimp up yours (This will come in handy in the future when I get my car).

It is like having a rear spoiler or rally art stickering. I haven't seen those integrated turn indicator RVM's. I am taking my wife's word that it was integrated with the mirrors. I think we need to replace the stock RVM's with the after market ones.

However, unless I get to see them first hand, I won't be able to comment.
I personally like the turn indicators that come with the bike, the sound is very loud and there is no need to press the horn. People know someone is coming just by the 'tick-tick' of the indicators.

There would also be a mention of the servicing as per Kms run in the manual. Refer them instead of the monthly frequency.
Yes. But the running is going to be so low, that we will not even come close to those figures.
So, we will have to go by the period (e.g first servicing between 30-45 days)

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th March 2011 at 12:47.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:58   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Yes. But the running is going to be so low, that we will not even come close to those figures.
So, we will have to go by the period (e.g first servicing between 30-45 days)
Right, do have a look in the manual and decide accordingly. Even I did go by the days frequency as my running was low too.

BTW have you taken the extended warranty? Does Suzuki offer one, whats the cost?

I humbly agree regarding your statement about striking a deal with wifey. I too had too succumb to her demands of an Activa when I felt the Access was perfect and available in reasonable time whereas the backlog for Activa was running into months. Anyways I have got used to riding the Activa.
Old 15th March 2011, 13:38   #1522
Senior - BHPian

^ No idea about extended warranty. Will probably check during first service.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:17   #1523
BHPian

Booked an Aviator Dlx version for my dad sometime in Feb @ Lodha Honda opposite to MEPZ chennai. Got a call two weeks back saying the vehicle is ready and we can come and pay the remaining amount. So we went the next day, we didnot opt for any specific color and we got alloted a grey one. But one of my dad's friend has suggested to take any color other than Black and Grey (My favourite), so settled for an Orange one. checked with them if it is a 2011 model, they said yes and so paid the remaining amount. Vehicle will be registered on the following tuesday, but I insisted on checking the vehicle before registration. On Monday I went to check the vehicle armed with some points gathered from this thread, on first look the vehicle had two scrathes on the body near the right indicator, one was deep, I asked the supervisor there, he said it will be fixed. Got some bad feeling at that. Then i asked for the Chasis no, he took the sticker and it clearly mentioned that it was a nov 2010 model. Asked him why are they giving me a 2010 model when I had specifically asked for a 2011 model, he said I need to talk to the sales people. Went there and really got mad after they repeatedly saying that I didnot insist on the model year. Gave them earfull and finally left after getting a confirmation from them that I will get a 2011 model vehicle. Got a call yesterday saying the vehicle is ready and I can come for checking it. The vehicle is clean and checked the VIN (Chasis no printed on a sticker) with the VIN decoder. The date on it also confirmend it s a2011 model. The following link helped.

Honda Motorcycle VIN Decoder @ Motoverse.com

It doesn't decode the entire no, but gives the year of manufacture and the country.

My Aviator wil be registered tommorow and will be ready for delivery by Friday. Waiting to get her home :-).
Old 16th March 2011, 11:38   #1524
Senior - BHPian

@rajeshwaranK7

Thanks a lot for the link. Will be surely checking my Activa VIN details.

Good to know that you took the dealer to task for alloting a 2010 vehicle. Congratulations on your Aviator buy. Have you opted for colour preference the second time around or are you sticking to the grey colour only. What accessories have you opted for? Will be waiting for your post with pics. All the best.
Old 16th March 2011, 12:19   #1525
BHPian

@godhlur

Thanks for the wishes.
I stuck with the Orange color(Actually it was my second favourite) as my dad was against Grey.

The accessories I opted are as follows

1. Number plate
2. Indicator buzzer
3. Side stand
4. Seat covers
5. Grips

I also opted for the wax coating.

I did not opt for the full body bumper (felt it spoilt the looks) and the ladies side step.
Old 16th March 2011, 12:31   #1526
BHPian

Hi Rajeshwaran,

Congratulations on your aviator purchase. My father is also getting his Activa delvery today. I tried to search the Details by the Link provided but it says its either 1981 or 2011 manufactured. Also there is error CHECK SUM VALIDATION FAILED.
Can you help me to identify the manufacture year, VIN: ME4JC448CB8124615

Thanks
Old 16th March 2011, 12:51   #1527
BHPian

Hi Shabbir,
Your Activa must be manufactured in 2011. Decoding our bike/scooter VIN is simillar to car VIN decoding(At least in case of Honda's, as I had check only that). The first two characters "ME" indicate that it is manucatured in India and the tenth character in your VIN is "B" which indicates that it is a 2011 Model. Modern VIN series restarts after 30 years and the old series stared in 1980 (Experts please correct if I am wrong) and definitely our vehicle cannot be from 1981 :-).

This link also helped me.

Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another way to cross check is to check the sticker in your chassis. It has the exact date of manufacture printed on it (I saw mine before it was stuck to the chassis just lying around in the helmet compartment, I am not sure where they stick it).

Hope this helps.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:05   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
I also opted for the wax coating.

I did not opt for the full body bumper (felt it spoilt the looks) and the ladies side step.
What about under body coating(Anti rust). Suggest you get that done too. I got it done for my Activa with a 5 yrs warranty. Make it a point everytime to instruct the SA during services for inspection of the coating.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:28   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What about under body coating(Anti rust). Suggest you get that done too. I got it done for my Activa with a 5 yrs warranty. Make it a point everytime to instruct the SA during services for inspection of the coating.
Which service center do you give your Activa for servicing? Also, where is the location of the service center of the Manpada dealership? Is it close to his showroom? I hate the attitude of the Sai Point dealership so want to try the new dealership. The Sai Point always have to promote one unwanted service or the other !
Old 16th March 2011, 13:36   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Which service center do you give your Activa for servicing? Also, where is the location of the service center of the Manpada dealership? Is it close to his showroom? I hate the attitude of the Sai Point dealership so want to try the new dealership. The Sai Point always have to promote one unwanted service or the other !
I give my Activa to Vihaan Honda for servicing. The workshop is located at Kothari mill compound near Khevra Circle/D'Mart. It is where the Ford, Tata, Maruti workshops are located. The distance between Vihaan Showroom & workshop is about 1.5 Kms.

I personally found the Vihaan service to be professional, the guys have a no non sense attitude.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks