Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 14:09   #16
BHPian

the best thing about dio is its whole body can be replaced in just 1100 rs wheras both activa and nova's body is expensive. One of my friends had a nova and its been a year and it has got too many problems with it wheras the dio is stable at high speeds to and dosent vibrate at all i personally own a dio and am a very satisfied owner
Old 30th August 2005, 16:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Kinetic is about to launch its Italjet scooter, Blade within a couple of months from now. Perhaps you should wait...
Old 30th August 2005, 17:38   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i too suggest u wait for the italjet series and then decide..i have just purchased an activa 3 months back,its pretty good dont go in for dio as its complete fibre body and u start to get rattles pretty soon..thats exactly why i chose activa over the dio..and the nova is not as good compared to the hondas,as a matter of fact my aunt is planning to replace her nova with either the italjets or an activa after taking mine for a ride..
Old 30th August 2005, 17:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I think waiting for the italjet scooters is a good thing you can do. I feel Italjet Euro would be your best bet. Last month's ACI and this month's TopGear have a test drive report on that one.
Old 30th August 2005, 18:45   #20
BHPian

Go for Activa/Dio. I liked Activa better than Dio after test drive though both engines are same. It is a silent beast and powerful vehicle. Has been using it for last 1.5 years and love it. Make sure have guards (iron pipe like thing) for the whole vehicle. It saved me from scracthes in multiple occassions.

my 2 cents
Old 13th September 2005, 15:46   #21
BHPian

hmmm.. looks like everyone likes all of those scooters so you probably cant go wrong with any of them. though if your wife is not very tall (like mine), the kinetic honda zoom is the best bet. its always been the most stable of the lot, thanks to a lower center of gravity.

go for the good ol kinetic!
avoid the pep, its problematic. wave also is the saffire re-done and the saffire was a huge disaster so i would say avoid that too....
Old 13th September 2005, 17:00   #22
BHPian

I'd get the Dio, given the choices from the current crop. The success of Italjet models is questionable in my opinion, and there's nothing like riding on that legendary Honda reliability.

However, I suggest you get the wife to test ride each of the shorlisted scooters and let her make the final decision.
Old 13th September 2005, 19:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the Hondas mate. They have the best things on two wheels when it comes to the scooter department.
Old 13th September 2005, 22:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

waiting for italjet is not a good thing to do.

Italjets are more style and maybe expensive(most of the italian designs are)

I think high of Kinetic as they have been able to make a scooter as good as the honda. HOnda is the best japanese scooter manufacturer and Kinetic has just blown the war horn.

Ever tought of scooty pep? It is for the ladies specially, has loads of space and gives ok mileage too. but U may not want to drive it yourself.It is cheap to buy and maintain too.

best choice if you both will be driving will be nova or activa.

I will buy the nova coz it is Indian.that thing about its body being expensive is also wrong. I was about to buy it and the dealer said the whole body can be replaced for very cheap. I dont remember the amount now.
Old 14th September 2005, 11:18   #25
BHPian

thank you all for your responses. we have finally decided on the Activa. But will wait for ItalJet Millenium to be launched; if it's really good we'll go for it, otherwise it'll be Activa.

\N
Old 5th January 2006, 14:48   #26
m1g

Post deleted by the Admin : Please read the Board rules, and post in full and proper in full and proper English on Team-BHP. Slang and SMS language is NOT permitted on this board
Old 5th January 2006, 16:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have been toying around with idea of buying a scooter (scooterette?). I prefer solidly built vehicles, and hence would prefer an Active over Dio. However, both Activa/Dio are 3+ year old models. Is there any news of new scooter launches? What about ItalJet?

I am looking for a fuel efficient scooter with auto-transmission. (Oxymoron here?) It need not be very powerful, but good enough to do daily chores, riding in busy narrow by-lanes of Pune. Any thoughts?
Old 5th January 2006, 16:35   #28
BHPian

I have been using Activa for last 3 years, very happy with the ride, performance and low maintenance.
Cheers
Old 5th January 2006, 16:44   #29
Team-BHP Support

The Activa and Dio are still the best scooters in India - reliable and well put together.
If you want to wait and buy something newer, Bajaj has plans to re-enter the scooter market with some "cool" stuff. But, only time will tell how "cool" their offerings are.
Old 5th January 2006, 16:45   #30
Team-BHP Support

Dio if you want some looks and some more power or else the Activa. Both have the same engine. Advantage with Dio --> You can go for a complete fibre kit with all the painted parts just for Rs. 2000/-. When you get bugged with the colour of your vehicle just do a mix and match and have some sporty versions of the Dio... Overall both are troublefree scooters from Honda and the engine refinement levels are good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks