Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 13:33   #811
Senior - BHPian

No not on fire, like I said earlier Honda is facing some labor issues & that has slowed down production
Old 12th October 2009, 14:07   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Anybody has a review on HH pleasure to share, looks are subjective so I am only looking at functional feedback. Thanks
We have an Activa while my best friend has a pleasure, which I have tried my hands on few times.
  • The engine is same as Activa, so there is no difference in level of refinement.
  • It is lighter than Activa so feels just a bit more peppy. FE should be around the same, may be slightly more than than Activa.
  • Build quality is decent, not much to complain about. I would rate Activa higher on this.
  • Ride is again similar to Activa, not much to complain there either.
Overall, between Activa and HH Pleasure, build/brand goes in Activa's favour and marginal FE/peppyness in favour of HH Pleasure.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:34   #813
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot

Your review is on expected lines & hopefully this should be a safe buy.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:15   #814
BHPian

Rodeo looks strong

I think the new mahindra power scooter Rodeo is going to be really solid scooter and good competition to established brands like Honda Activa. Mahindra is maker of solid SUV like Scorpio and I have full confidence that Rodeo is going to be a powerful, sturdy and FE scooter. Flyte might be a little dissapointing but I think like that because I am a guy. I don't have too much liking for scooters like flyte. But I think it'll be ok for girl riders. Rodeo i Know for sure is a manly scooter.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:30   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
I think the new mahindra power scooter Rodeo is going to be really solid scooter and good competition to established brands like Honda Activa. Mahindra is maker of solid SUV like Scorpio and I have full confidence that Rodeo is going to be a powerful, sturdy and FE scooter. Flyte might be a little dissapointing but I think like that because I am a guy. I don't have too much liking for scooters like flyte. But I think it'll be ok for girl riders. Rodeo i Know for sure is a manly scooter.

Does any one ahve any more information or pictures on the Mahindra scooter ??
Old 12th October 2009, 20:49   #816
BHPian

One of my friend looking for a scooter and almost he confirmed on Activa.We went to Dealer to check the vehicle ,shocking price 50,000 On road,with waiting period of 90 days,and that vehicle don't even comes with side stand and number plates ,all goes in to accessories, to much premium on Honda.
Asked my friend why not try TVS Streak,we went to check the Streak
Price 42,000 On Road,and after driving the Streak i can say its really better buy for our daily city needs.
1> Cheaper and no waiting (It also sales in good numbers)
2> Better ride quality than Activa.(our city has really bad roads)
3> Better storage space than activa.
4> More legroom,you can stretch your legs more on Streak.
5> Better headlight beam,alternator of 80 Watts.
6> Yes ,it has less pickup compare to activa/access but even after riding 1+1 80 Kg each ,never felt under powered,decent pickup for the engine size.
7> Mobile Charger.
8>Very easy to access the battery/engine.
10.> Center stand amazing light.
11> Its a proven product.(I went to matheran on Scooty pep and it surprised )
12> Also very easy to maintain spares are cheaper than honda.
13> Also fuel filling is now at back you don't need to pull seat every time.

The positive on Honda is Bigger engine , brand name (For those who care).
Even we tried Mahindra Rodeo 125 but 49,000 On Road and fit and finish was not up to the mark.But it has digital speedo and good looks ,but front fuel tank.And afraid of earlier Kinetics rattling nature.

Last edited by parimal_g : 12th October 2009 at 20:53.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:38   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
The engine is same as Activa, so there is no difference in level of refinement.
  • It is lighter than Activa so feels just a bit more peppy. FE should be around the same, may be slightly more than than Activa.
  • Build quality is decent, not much to complain about. I would rate Activa higher on this.
  • Ride is again similar to Activa, not much to complain there either.
I would like to add that buying a Pleasure is less hassle free than an Activa, and the primary reason I bought it over the Honda. You can simply walk into a HH showroom, pay up and ride away within the hour. I did the same.
I might add though, the Pleasure may be slightly cramped (but not by much) if you have a pillion, as compared to the Activa.
If you want one now, say..for the festive season, close your eyes and go for it, there isnt much to complain about.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:39   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
The positive on Honda is Bigger engine , brand name (For those who care).
Even we tried Mahindra Rodeo 125 but 49,000 On Road and fit and finish was not up to the mark.But it has digital speedo and good looks ,but front fuel tank.And afraid of earlier Kinetics rattling nature.
TVS is certainly launching bigger engined gear-less scooter to counter the HMSI products. I was overtaken by one test mule when I was doing about 85kmph in my car. More here
Spy pics: New TVS Scooter

and here
afaqs! > news & features > TVS brings BBH on-board for new launch; opens pitch for new bike brand

I think it would be worth waiting because TVS certainly has engineered some good products from the design side if they have done a decent job on the engine side am sure they are in for a cracker of a product. I have both a Dio and a Scooty Pep+ at home and have used them extensively, though I prefer the Dio I have no doubts that the Pep+ is a good vehicle in its own right.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 13th October 2009 at 12:42.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:45   #819
Senior - BHPian

@Sajo: Yeah thats the impression I got when I talked to one of the dealers(i.e. no waiting period) They book it only if they have it in stores. Btw which showroom did you buy it from?

Btw isnt the Mahindra Rodeo a re badged Flyte?
Old 14th October 2009, 01:19   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw which showroom did you buy it from?
Got it from United/Niksia , on Paud Road, but thats because its near my home. I guess the ready availability is with all dealers.

How much does the Rodeo cost ? Same as the Flyte ?
The Duro looks like a Nova with a Flyte engine.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:11   #821
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Whatever you do, don't get it serviced from them (Automark Motors / United Agencies / Niksia). Its the most horrid automobile service center I'v seen till date...
Old 14th October 2009, 18:22   #822
Senior - BHPian

BTW, I was also impressed by Flyte, except for its plastics, build quality and dreaded K brand. It is good to handle, is light, rides well, got a good engine, comes at good price point. Good for female riders!

If you want mix of all good things, go for Suzuki Access. Extremely well put, refined, peppy scooter. Only downside being high waiting period and marginally higher price tag than Activa. I just could not bear with that obscenely long waiting period.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:36   #823
BHPian

My Dad had been to Suzuki showroom to check the Access.

They informed Dad that the new Honda Activa has some problems with the engine assembly and thats the reason they have slowed down production. Is this true?
Old 14th October 2009, 21:31   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
The engine is same as Activa, so there is no difference in level of refinement.
Quote:
We were planning to get an Activa but the waiting period is just too much.
Pleasure is same as 'old' Activa 100 cc with a more girly design and fiber body.
New Activa has a new 110 cc engine and combined braking plus new styling. Almost perfect but doesnt come with telescopic front forks.

Techno, no like flyte?
Old 14th October 2009, 23:05   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
TVS is certainly launching bigger engined gear-less scooter to counter the HMSI products. I was overtaken by one test mule when I was doing about 85kmph in my car. More here
Spy pics: New TVS Scooter

and here
afaqs! > news & features > TVS brings BBH on-board for new launch; opens pitch for new bike brand
Hi went through the web site,the rear end is almost like activa but am not sure its the same vehicle as the one which is looking like activa is gray and other one is black,just need to wait and watch,these is a new of TVS Launching 3 news vehicles in the month of Dec 09 ,why not Diwali .?
Great to see partnering with BBH hope to see good advertise,but Most of the Indians prefer the Emotional Adds,like Hero Honda adds.

Can you tell me the mileage difference between Pep and Dio..?
Dio is very smart looking vehicle,go to panji/Goa it the most Favorite Scooter.

And today we booked Streak for my friend,On Friday we will get delivery,Color : Black.
43,000 Rs On Road,With All accessories:(Steel Body Guard,Sear Cover,Grips and Cover)

Last edited by parimal_g : 14th October 2009 at 23:11. Reason: Add some lines
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks