Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 17:13   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Finally booked Honda Aviator Deluxe (109cc, Disc brake,Alloy Wheels, Pearl Blue Rs 55,500 on road! ) . Paid initial amount of 1K. Delivery takes 2-3 month as per dealer
Few days before i called to know about my order, The sales guy said there is a black DLX on the way would you like to have it? I said yes! (Who want to wait for another 2-3 month just for a Blue colour)

Today after waiting about 2 hours at Honda showroom i got the scooter ready for a ride. Ride quality is way better than Activa for sure. Impressed by the ride.

checkout the snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc_0001.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc_0002.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc_0003.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc_0004.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-dsc_0005.jpg  

Old 19th April 2010, 19:18   #1112
BHPian

Looks pretty good

Whats the top speed.

Honda are buit to last so you will not have a problem there.

Just make sure you have some proctect where the front forks as as when they start to corode the seals keep going off.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:05   #1113
BHPian

She is a beauty man... now I am tempted to replace my 8 yr, 60K old Honda Activa with this, but does not make sense for me.

Activa was my primary ride earlier and served me well.

I agree with Allana, still no problems with the build! Server my purpose very well now (weekend vegetable shopping and occasional rides to office when my car is given for service. I still love the way she pulls out of the signals... leaving every one behind (when there is no passenger ). I can only imagine how well Aviator should perform.

I am sure the new gen aviator is built much better than Activa (especially in handling wise).

All the best and have fun riding her "deadman" (strange name... ride carefully).

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 19th April 2010 at 20:06.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:51   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Today after waiting about 2 hours at Honda showroom i got the scooter ready for a ride. Ride quality is way better than Activa for sure. Impressed by the ride.

checkout the snaps.
Congrats mate! Looks good in black. Ride safe and have fun!

Nice shots of the ride BTW...
Old 20th April 2010, 05:08   #1115
BHPian

Yeah, I guess the build quality on the Aviator does justice to its price. I still wanna know how good the TVS Wego is in this department. Hope TVS starts putting them out on the road soon.
Old 20th April 2010, 06:18   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Looks pretty good

Whats the top speed.
Not tried yet, I'm staying below 50kmph to get good mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
She is a beauty man... now I am tempted to replace my 8 yr, 60K old Honda Activa with this, but does not make sense for me. All the best and have fun riding her "deadman" (strange name... ride carefully).
Thanks vasanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats mate! Looks good in black. Ride safe and have fun!

Nice shots of the ride BTW...
Thanks Abhi.
Old 20th April 2010, 08:01   #1117
BHPian

Now Take care of that name Badge. One of my friend have 'Aviator' and someone stole his 'AVI' Words from the badge from new scooter. Imagine how he would have felt seeing his New scooter named as 'ator'.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:38   #1118
BHPian

thanks amtak & JVH.

One of my friends who recently bought a Dio said that he could place a full face helmet in the storage space below the seat. So it looks like the helmet can go in the storage space if it is not too big in size. Me and my wife having not-so-big-heads , the one that matches our head size might go in. I'll let you know guys what the outcome is.

By the way, I wrote to Honda about my not-so-good experience with the dealer and they acknowledged it. I am waiting to see what is their action on it.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:35   #1119
BHPian

How to maintain Plastic body parts on Honda Activa?

My Activa is 3 months old. Could you guys please enlighten me how to maintain plastic parts in my Activa. They tend to fade into light grey shade when parked in harsh sunlight for proloned time.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:41   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Thanks vasanthn21 and JVH for the reponses. Thanks VJH for the wishes; by the way my wait has just started.

I forgot to check this helmet thingy during the test drive. If the helmet doesn't go in the Dio, then having a helmet lcok is the only option. How big is the storage space in Dio? Any idea? The brochure for the activa specifies it to be 18 litres; but no mention about it in the brochure for Dio.

-Sunil.
Hi Sunil, Congratulations on booking the DIO !!! I got the vehicle in 10 days from the date of booking.

check with the sales guys and there might be some cancellations in which case you will be getting the vehicle early.

I bought a DIO ( Vibrant Blue) for my Wife from Saphire Honda in July 2009. After the vehicle came home, i have been using the same more than my wife, hehe. Found the vehicle extremely useful and handy as the route to my office passes thro' couple of roads on which Metro rail work is going on and is congested. Better than 4 wheeler in those congested roads.

We have run about 5.5k kms and happy about the vehicle. Yes, a full face helmet will fit into the boot space ( below the seat ).

HAPPY RIDING !!!

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 30th April 2010 at 13:45.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:03   #1121
BHPian

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the wishes. Good that you confirmed about the helmet size and the boot space of Dio. By the way, where did you buy your helmet? from Saphire Honda itself or from somewhere else? What was the price range? Sorry for asking this question, I never had a helmet before.

About checking for early availability of the scooter - I found the two wheeler sales guys are a lazy lot, not interested in any value addition to their customers - perticularly the the dealer that we are dealing with. Still, I will check mith my sales guy if I get can get mine before the date they gave.

It is reassuring that the product is cool, as you 'certified' it as a user. Do you too face the problem of 'rear view mirrors getting loose' on your scooter?, as many others mentioned here.
-Sunil.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:32   #1122
BHPian

Hi Sunil,

Sorry, was out of station hence could not reply to your query.

A good helmet (crash helmet) will cost you anywhere between INR 600 to 1000. You can check in the shops nearby MTR / Lalbagh / Urvashi theatre area. I bought it from a shop near my house & paid INR 500 for it. ( crash helmet with ISI mark)

Yes, i also have this left mirror coming loose time and again. Otherwise, i have not felt any adverse issues in the vehicle. However, i have driven the Suzuki Access, hence am not in a position to do a comparison.

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 3rd May 2010 at 10:33.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:26   #1123
BHPian

Hello rajesh,
Thanks for the reply. Hmm... the issue with the rear view mirror in Dio looks to be a real notorious one.

By the way, Saphire Honda guys called me to make the payment as the scooter is expected to arrive in a few days time. So, planning to visit them in 1 or 2 days.

-Sunil.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:23   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Hello rajesh,
Thanks for the reply. Hmm... the issue with the rear view mirror in Dio looks to be a real notorious one.

By the way, Saphire Honda guys called me to make the payment as the scooter is expected to arrive in a few days time. So, planning to visit them in 1 or 2 days.

-Sunil.
Good. I think they charge 2% extra if you are paying by credit card. And you have indicated the extra accessories which you require to be fitted on the vehicle ?
Old 5th May 2010, 19:41   #1125
BHPian

recently realized that there was some kind of a noice coming from my activa, took it to a local mechanic and he said there is a problem with the rocker, cam etc etc and the damaged would be exceeding 2.5k. is his diagnosis correct?

its a 3.5 year old bike.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks