Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 18:57   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Got my Access and I am happy for now. The fuel tank is small, so more visits to the bunk. Surprised that it doesnt have park lights. Switchgear is not very nice to use. But overall great feeling.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:16   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Got my Access and I am happy for now. The fuel tank is small, so more visits to the bunk. Surprised that it doesnt have park lights. Switchgear is not very nice to use. But overall great feeling.
It has a 6-litre tank, equal to or more than the Activa and Aviator, and certainly a lot more than the Rodeo.

We too got our Access on 12th, and had to change to black as grey was getting delayed. We are quite happy with it.

The only issue I found is that the indicator switch is too light and we often move it to the other side when we want to cancel the turn indicator. The main stand also needs some practice to engage.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:46   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It has a 6-litre tank, equal to or more than the Activa and Aviator, and certainly a lot more than the Rodeo.
The main stand also needs some practice to engage.
I just found out that 6 lts is the max we can get in scooters. Engaging the main stand is a breeze for me. The side stand is a nice touch.
Old 16th June 2010, 08:44   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just found out that 6 lts is the max we can get in scooters. Engaging the main stand is a breeze for me. The side stand is a nice touch.
Thats coz Access has a fibre body. try doing it on Activa and you build your calf muscles easily. Does the kick lever in Access fouls with the main stand, it does in Activa IMO although wife tends to disagree. Going through Mumbai potholed roads is another adventure I will be embarking on this monsoon with my Activa. I think it should be OK for Access due to telescopic suspensions.
Old 16th June 2010, 09:19   #1235
BHPian

Tvs Wego

Source: Times Of India
Edition: Bangalore
Date: 16 Jun 2010

The Gearless Scooter Thread-wego.png
Old 16th June 2010, 13:30   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does the kick lever in Access fouls with the main stand, it does in Activa IMO although wife tends to disagree.
Yes, it does sometimes. I had to fold it in to put on the main stand.
Old 16th June 2010, 13:52   #1237
Senior - BHPian

^^ Man the Wego looks real smart and seems to have the best of the features from all the scoots. But did not understand what is body balance tech?? Anyone who knows could shed some light please
Old 16th June 2010, 14:21   #1238
Senior - BHPian

This relates to the CG of the bike which is slightly shifted towards front since the body is forward inclined for something called as dynamic stance, I suppose a marketing strategy by TVS to sell.
The only USP is the front telescopic suspension, alloy wheels and maybe pricing if TVS gets is right. The negative -metal body prone to rust, dents- high costs, external fuel refuelling - tampering possible.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:43   #1239
Senior - BHPian

The Access ride like many shared is not very smooth. A bit stiff, but decent, its not bottoming out on even big speed breakers. I would have liked it if it had disc brakes. Sometimes the brakes are not adequate. I prefer the Aviator brakes. Also the service center has kept the idle quite high, said its essential for a few kms.

Wego is really chic, sadly I could not wait for it.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:34   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Access ride like many shared is not very smooth. A bit stiff, but decent, its not bottoming out on even big speed breakers. I would have liked it if it had disc brakes. Sometimes the brakes are not adequate. I prefer the Aviator brakes.
+1 to your views on the ride, GC and brakes. I went for a short ride with my wife today (on a 2-wheeler after many years) and not even once did it scrape any speed-breaker.

I too found the Aviator's disc brakes better, but I did not want to spend extra 5 K for it.

My F.E. for the first 150 kms is approx 35 kmpl---did not use the full-tank method though.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:50   #1241
BHPian

Is the Wego being sold without rear view mirrors ? IMO they're supposed to be mandatory by law ?
Old 17th June 2010, 20:13   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Is the Wego being sold without rear view mirrors ? IMO they're supposed to be mandatory by law ?
Yes they are and I think its a glaring omission by the TVS team. Good catch BTW.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:33   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Vihaan Honda, Thane-Free Pre monsoon check up (18/10/20 June)

Vihaan Honda, Thane is organizing a free pre-monsoon sheck up camp on 18th, 19th & 20th June and have offered wash, antirust and seat covers for Rs 60/- . The seat cover is actually a rain cover.
I have already got myself an appointment on 19th, any Thane Activa riders planning for the same. Maybe we can meet.
I am also planning to go for the Extended warranty of 3 years and will cost me Rs 600/- approx.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:59   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Yes they are and I think its a glaring omission by the TVS team. Good catch BTW.
+
sometime they give the vehicle without some important accessories to show less invoice value .
When I bought my TVS JIVE, in the accessory list they included the saree guard which is mandatory (must be supplied by the manufacturer as per the law). When I questioned about this, they said that couple of such items were excluded from the vehicle to show less showroom price which will give some reduction on the taxes?
(I personally seen, when they were offloading the bikes from the truck wherein there was no saree guard or engine guard fitted in any of the bike's. May be a new trend adopted by the dealers to show less show room price? )
Old 18th June 2010, 12:18   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I personally seen, when they were offloading the bikes from the truck wherein there was no saree guard or engine guard fitted in any of the bike's. May be a new trend adopted by the dealers to show less show room price?
Same with the Spelndor that we bought for the family. The Saree guard was not fitted on the vehicle and was considered an accessory.
Honda leads the roost here. They charge even for the number plates which is ridiculous to say the least!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks