Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 21:39   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Honda leads the roost here. They charge even for the number plates which is ridiculous to say the least!!!
Luckily Access includes everything right from saree guard, side stand, plates etc.
Old 19th June 2010, 22:27   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Luckily Access includes everything right from saree guard, side stand, plates etc.
Even I got Access but I was charged 150 bucks for the plates. I don't know if the side mirrors came free but the plates, floor mat, hand grip, seat cover were charged extra.
Old 19th June 2010, 23:20   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
I am looking for a gearless scooter for my wife. I was initially confused between Activa and Access, then decided Access but now after the launch of Wego, I am confused again. Any suggestions ?
Any inputs on Wego ? Planning to check it on Monday personally.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:21   #1249
Senior - BHPian

A couple of queries to Honda Activa users

1) Are there quality issues with the battery in Activa coz day in the morning the Activa does not start with the Self start which means that the battery is drained overnight. Have to manual kick start it and then the self start functions normally during the day.
2) The storage compartment gets unevenly hot after riding the Activa. After a short run when I open the storage area to keep my helmet I find the area too hot. The helmet also gets hot and unbearable to use once kept inside.

Any Activa users observed these issues. I will be taking this up during the second service.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:36   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Hi All,
I am looking for a gearless scooter for my wife. I was initially confused between Activa and Access, then decided Access but now after the launch of Wego, I am confused again. Any suggestions ?
+
General opinion is that Wego is worth a look and test drive prior finalising any other Scooters. (the TVS dealer in my place is flooded with people who coming to see the wego and also understand many are doing the booking).
Go, see the scooter and then decide.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:36   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Hi All,
Have you checked HH Pleasure? It has got the same engine as Activa,it is light and more fuelefficient. And cheaper also.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:48   #1252
Senior - BHPian

I just came back from TVS Dealer (I went there to collect the Insurance papers of my TVS Jive). I have discussed about the WEGO with them ( just got some details about the vehicle which am giving below - may be useful for some one?).

The special features in this vehicle, as advised them are:

=LED tail lamp with Optical Glow
=Large 12 inch alloy wheels
=Ignition Key glow
=Telescopic Front Suspension (it is there in most of the latest scooters)
=Internal storage (there in other models also)

Engine- 4 stroke single cylinder, air colled, OHC
Displacement : 109.7 cc
Max Oiwer:8ps@7500Rpm
Max Torque: 8Nm@5500Rpm
Transmission: V-matic
Ignition: self/kick

Battery: 12V, 4Ah, maintenance free
Head Lamp: 12v 35W/ 35W Halogen
Tail Lamp: 12V LED Lamp

Chasis:
Dimensions:1834x640x1115 mm (lxbxh)
Wheel Base: 1275mm
Ground Clearance: 145mm

Suspension -Front: In-line Telescope suspension
Rear: Unit Swing with spring loaded hydraulic damper

Tyre Size: Front/Rear: 90/90 -12

Brakes: Front/Rear: Drum. 130mm dia

Fuel tank: 5 Litres

Ex-Showroom price here - Rs.42,500/-
Old 21st June 2010, 22:29   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
1) Are there quality issues with the battery in Activa coz day in the morning the Activa does not start with the Self start which means that the battery is drained overnight. Have to manual kick start it and then the self start functions normally during the day.
Have you tried using the choke and doing a self start ? I remember reading it somewhere that if the engine is cold we need to use choke or use kick to start.

Quote:
2) The storage compartment gets unevenly hot after riding the Activa. After a short run when I open the storage area to keep my helmet I find the area too hot. The helmet also gets hot and unbearable to use once kept inside.
I recently got a Access and seems it is the same case with Access too and you know what they have clearly mentioned that the trunk will get hot in the owner's manual ( See attachment) . Am guessing since the engine part is completely covered there is no enough space for proper ventilation and so the trunk gets heated.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-abcd0002.jpg  

Last edited by prguru : 21st June 2010 at 22:33.
Old 21st June 2010, 22:56   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
General opinion is that Wego is worth a look and test drive prior finalising any other Scooters. (the TVS dealer in my place is flooded with people who coming to see the wego and also understand many are doing the booking).
Go, see the scooter and then decide.
Visited TVS dealer today and had a look into Wego. Somehow i did not like the finish quality of it. Plastics were of low quality. And most importantly Rs.50K on-road in bangalore. Too expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant..B View Post
Have you checked HH Pleasure? It has got the same engine as Activa,it is light and more fuelefficient. And cheaper also.
Thanks Jayant, this one never came to my mind. Will check it out tomorrow.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:31   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Have you tried using the choke and doing a self start ? I remember reading it somewhere that if the engine is cold we need to use choke or use kick to start.
I have tried using a choke and it does start, however the summer temp are not that cold for the scooter to start on choke. Will take it up with the dealer.

I recently got a Access and seems it is the same case with Access too and you know what they have clearly mentioned that the trunk will get hot in the owner's manual ( See attachment) . Am guessing since the engine part is completely covered there is no enough space for proper ventilation and so the trunk gets heated.
There should have been sufficient heat insulation inside the storage compartment, sometimes it becomes too unbearable to put on the helmet after storing it.
My comments in Bold.

A few days back I got an Extended Warranty of 3 years for Activa costing me Rs 649/-. So apart from the normal warranty of 2 years, I have the vehicle wrranty for 3 more years.
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:33   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A couple of queries to Honda Activa users

The storage compartment gets unevenly hot after riding the Activa. After a short run when I open the storage area to keep my helmet I find the area too hot. The helmet also gets hot and unbearable to use once kept inside.

Any Activa users observed these issues. I will be taking this up during the second service.
++

Storage compartment getting hot - I think this problem is there in all gearless scooters which have the storage compartment under the seat.
I had a Flyte and anything kept in the storage compartment get heated even after a small ride (more ride means more heat) ?
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:54   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My comments in Bold.

A few days back I got an Extended Warranty of 3 years for Activa costing me Rs 649/-. So apart from the normal warranty of 2 years, I have the vehicle wrranty for 3 more years.
Please check if 3 more years or for the 3rd year? 6 years warranty that too at peanuts is really hard to digest....
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:51   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
So I think the total Warranty period would be 3 years( 2+1 ) as noted by mail4ajo and yes it gets really hot which makes it unbearable to wear the helmet once you take it from the trunk. You are right, they should have put some kind of insulation to at least minimize this. Even I am thinking of taking it up with the showroom guys.
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:00   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Please check if 3 more years or for the 3rd year? 6 years warranty that too at peanuts is really hard to digest....
Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
So I think the total Warranty period would be 3 years( 2+1 ) as noted by mail4ajo
Its 3 years Extended Warranty in addition to the 2 years warranty which comes with a new vehicle. So a total of 5 years warranty for my Honda Activa. As rightly said the EW is for peanuts.
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:19   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
+1, my Dio has this problem too. Sai Point said in about 6-7 months after purchasing, you won't have this problem. Though I am still facing the problem after 10 months, it has certainly reduced. You need to use the choke in the morning generally.

Quote:
I have never faced this problem in my Dio or the old gen Activa.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks