Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:33   #1261
Senior - BHPian

BSA Motors Scooters

Yesterday I got a pamphlet from BSA Motors listing out 4 gearless scooters. I believe they are Electric scooters, with names like Roamer, Street Rider, Diva and Smile.

Has anyone heard of these models? Some of them go for 70 kms per charge. I beleive they cost around 30 K +
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:45   #1262
Senior - BHPian

@vnabhi,

I have infact seen them, they are on display in a BSA showroom right next to Honda Showroom in Thane on Ghodbunder Road. People disappointed with Honda do take a look at these models, I was one of them before I booked a Honda Activa.
These scooters are very light weight and tend to have imbalance on highways when speeding vehicles pass by. I had personally seen one of the electic bikes losing balance. In some of these scooters, adult pillion rider is also not permitted.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:02   #1263
BHPian

Similar kind of electric scooters were launched in bangalore called GoGreenBOV ( battery operated vehicle ) and they are called PM 004 ( code name ?? ) and they have 2 variants in it. PM 004 v-50 and PM 004 V-100. It seems that the V 50 runs for 50Kms and V 100 runs for 100kms on full charge. The first model is priced at 28000 and the second at 31000 and they also say that these vehicles do a top speed of 25kms and they don't have registration hence no license to ride them. This is the link to the site and also google for more information.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:01   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Walked down to the Suzuki showroom this evening ......Delivery was promised in 10 working days.
Which Suzuki showroom was this? We booked one today but were quoted a minimum one month waiting for delivery.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:45   #1265
BHPian

Need to bok a gearless scooter....info needed

dear friends,

i use car for my daily commute to office ( around 14kms in total ).
but due to the increasing traffic i am finding it stressful to use car hence i have decided to buy a scooter which can also be used by my family members.

i need to finalise between Honda Activa and suzuki access to buy.
i need the following info.

1) pros and cons of each considering i am 5"10 and 80 kgs and have a delicate lower back due to an old sports injury.

2) Which is the best showroom in terms of *** for each of them.

3) any showroom that can deliver within 30 days.

thanks in advance.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:27   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post

1) pros and cons of each considering i am 5"10 and 80 kgs and have a delicate lower back due to an old sports injury.

thanks in advance.
1. Pros and Cons are mentioned in this very thread by the owners if you scroll back a few pages
2. Service center is to be experienced and rated. Based on that the Honda service center in Domlur is the one I have visited for the free services and they were pretty decent. Not sure of Suzuki since i have not had any experience with them
3. Try different showrooms in the city. You might get lucky with someone canceling their booking which can be given to you. What is the waiting period for these 2 anyways? is it more than 30 days?

Since you have lower back pains, its best to get a scooter with telescopic front suspension. So access would be better than Activa. You can also try TVS Wego and see if it suits the bill for you.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 8th July 2010 at 14:28.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:28   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Hond Activa is the front runner presently, but waiting period is too much - heard that anything between 3 to 4 months for delivery.
Whereas Access is available within 30 days.
(more informations about these two are already available in this thread - just go back few pages and you will get all details!)
Old 8th July 2010, 14:33   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking your heath concerns Suzuki Access is the right choice since it has telescopic suspensions whereas in Activa the bumps are transferred to you back which might be harmful for you.
The general waiting period for Access is 25-30 days whereas for Activa it is ages. Go for Access.
The only cons I see in Access is the non linear acceleration, fibre body, not so good resale value.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:40   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The only cons I see in Access is the non linear acceleration, fibre body, not so good resale value.
In addition, as per the owners on the forum it seems to have comparatively poor brakes to other gearless scoots.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:06   #1270
BHPian

HH Pleasure or DIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In addition, as per the owners on the forum it seems to have comparatively poor brakes to other gearless scoots.
I agree with Abhinav, which is what made me buy Activa. If waiting period is too long I recommend to go for pleasure or Dio or even Aviator which has telescopic suspension as well.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:22   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Which Suzuki showroom was this? We booked one today but were quoted a minimum one month waiting for delivery.
That was Ibays on Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad.

I believe the price of the Access has gone up by Rs 900 recently, and the waiting period is now 40 days. Guess I was lucky to get it in 12 days.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:33   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
dear friends,

i use car for my daily commute to office ( around 14kms in total ).
but due to the increasing traffic i am finding it stressful to use car hence i have decided to buy a scooter which can also be used by my family members.

thanks in advance.
1) The activa is a proven product with good mileage, quality & amazing resale value. My Dio is still running strong after 8 yrs/30 K Kms. The cons would be the ancient front suspension which will rattle your shoulders.
The Access is not too far behind but mileage is lower compared to Activa.
The telescopic front makes the ride quality much better. Guess the delivery time

Why dont your try the Aviator & the TVS Wego ? A friend of mine recently TD'd the Wego & commented that the Wego has a very comfy suspension.

2) Haiku Honda in Domlur is one of the better devils around in terms of A**.

3) This would be difficult to say off hand.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:51   #1273
BHPian

I am in search of a Scooter. Liked Rodeo by its look, spec, features. But have very less review here. Any feedbacks or ownership experience on the product will help me in finalizing my decision. Specifically I am also looking for any issues with petrol tank (tube) which existed in Kinetic Flyte models and the ground clearance factor. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:36   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
I am in search of a Scooter. Liked Rodeo by its look, spec, features. But have very less review here. Any feedbacks or ownership experience on the product will help me in finalizing my decision. Specifically I am also looking for any issues with petrol tank (tube) which existed in Kinetic Flyte models and the ground clearance factor. Thanks in advance.
Rodeo is an enhanced Flyte, few Gismos added with an additional cost. If I remember correctly, Rodeo also has the fuel tank at the bottom like the Flyte. I myself own a Mahindra Flyte and have no issues with the fuel tank or any other parts. I had a self start issue few months back, but that was a fuse loose connection.

Three points to be noted:

1) Fuel efficiency will be around 40. There were cases reported in T-BHP as less as 30kmpl.

2) Low ground clearance - If you planning to travel with more than 130kg(rough estimate) including rider/pillion/luggage, you could expect scratching at non scientific speed breakers.

3) Availability of service centers

The above information is best to my knowledge and experience, may be wrong for specific cases.

Hope this helps.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:47   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
Rodeo is an enhanced Flyte, few Gismos added with an additional cost. If I remember correctly, Rodeo also has the fuel tank at the bottom like the Flyte.
+
I was told by one of my relative who is using Rodeo that Rodeo is similar/new name to the old Kinetic Nova with some cosmetic changes- I dont know whether this is correct or not.?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks