Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 12:38   #1216
Senior - BHPian

My Access delayed till Monday as the letter that the company gives the RTO have the word Bharat stage 2/3 on it and the 3 has been ticked. The dumb RTOs demanding that it should be only Bharat stage 3 and stage 2 shouldn't be written anywhere.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:03   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
My Access delayed till Monday as the letter that the company gives the RTO have the word Bharat stage 2/3 on it and the 3 has been ticked. The dumb RTOs demanding that it should be only Bharat stage 3 and stage 2 shouldn't be written anywhere.
LOL---talk about dumb RTOs and this one takes the cake. My kids also my get the Access on Monday or Tuesday---we are keeping our fingers crossed. I hope our local RTO is better.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:06   #1218
cLJ
BHPian

[quote=ghodlur;1918537]Its just a marketing gimmick, the long delivery time quoted was during the plant strike days and its still being used by the dealers just to show that the Scooter is in demand, trying to build the frenzy.

When I was told about the same I wrote to Honda on their website who made the dealer give me Activa whinin 20 days [quote].

I have written to Honda on their website and waiting for reply.

I booked an Active for my wife in February and the delivery is still awaited. The dealer is always giving us various execuses. If no reply or delivery is made within a week, I think I will have to go for some other makes.

CLJ
Old 4th June 2010, 20:56   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its just a marketing gimmick, the long delivery time quoted was during the plant strike days and its still being used by the dealers just to show that the Scooter is in demand, trying to build the frenzy
Why would they do that if they are losing customers to Suzuki, TVS and Mahindra?
Old 4th June 2010, 22:33   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Why would they do that if they are losing customers to Suzuki, TVS and Mahindra?
Maybe they want to sell at premium and and force sale of accessories. Thats what I saw in Chennai. There is no way a sub dealer can get Activa immediately without knowledge of the main dealership.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:57   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Noticed several new scooters at the Access dealer on Saturday, but was disappointed to know that only red, black and white were delivered in that lot.

Waiting for the grey one we'd booked---might take till this weekend.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:42   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post

I booked an Active for my wife in February and the delivery is still awaited. The dealer is always giving us various execuses. If no reply or delivery is made within a week, I think I will have to go for some other makes.

CLJ
Fro Activa waiting period may be 3-4 month. looks like so much demand for that. I felt lucky when i got my aviator in a month of waiting (as some one canceled deal, i just accepted black instead of blue ) If you are in hurry, just go to M&M showroom, Rodeo and Duro must be waiting there for you....

Last edited by deadman : 7th June 2010 at 16:43.
Old 8th June 2010, 08:37   #1223
Senior - BHPian

[quote=cLJ;1921408

CLJ[/quote]

@CLJ

I am sure you must have TDed the Suzuki Access and Mahindra Rodeo/Duro and got a quotation for the same before zeroing on Activa. If not use the spare time (till Activa is delivered) to do so. Just take the quote along to Honda dealer and show them the time period promised by other scooters. Maybe they might expedite your delivery.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:34   #1224
Senior - BHPian

I saw a girl riding a Wego today morning, my first spotting of the vehicle on the road. It was a sort of beige gold coloured vehicle. From the looks of it,we might finally have a credible and well priced alternative to the Activa. TVS is not known to have too many quality issues either.

I dont understand why almost every single 'good' scooter in the market has to have a waiting period.
How can their planning/forecasting systems be so way off the mark ?
Old 8th June 2010, 13:09   #1225
Senior - BHPian

The TVS dealer in my place confirm that Wego will be available from 10th July 2010 and will accept bookings very soon. It seems many people are visiting the show room and enquiring about Wega!
Seems this one going to be a direct competition to Activa? Lets wait and see..
Old 9th June 2010, 21:12   #1226
BHPian

Finally got my Access 125 delivered. Was promised delivery last week and it was postponed to Monday i.e on 7th , that got delayed again and finally got it today. Will post some pics soon.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:35   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The TVS dealer in my place confirm that Wego will be available from 10th July 2010 and will accept bookings very soon. It seems many people are visiting the show room and enquiring about Wega!
Seems this one going to be a direct competition to Activa? Lets wait and see..
I believe TVS has a winner in Wega;tall stance,great looks,good features,front fuel filler,110cc engine and the tvs name.

Bookings have opened here
Old 10th June 2010, 05:09   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I believe TVS has a winner in Wega;tall stance,great looks,good features,front fuel filler,110cc engine and the tvs name.

Bookings have opened here
I think the Wego comes with an external rear fuel filler.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:06   #1229
BHPian

Piaggio Vespa is comming shortly with 125cc CVT retro styled scooter members who like to ride scooters must wait for this stunning beauty for more news & photo gallery please visit www.zigwheels.com

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 10th June 2010 at 09:09.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:59   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Piaggio Vespa is comming shortly with 125cc CVT retro styled scooter members who like to ride scooters must wait for this stunning beauty for more news & photo gallery please visit www.zigwheels.com
++
So another make/model expected shortly making more competition among scooters? Buyer will have more choice to select whereas manufacturers will have tough time to compete with each other!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks