Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 12:54   #1066
BHPian

Can someone tell me what is the waiting period for a Dio in karnataka.

Thanks.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:43   #1067
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
Can someone tell me what is the waiting period for a Dio in karnataka.

Thanks.
A few months ago it was 90 days. Am not sure if anything is changed w.r.t that.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:49   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I thought Dio was easily available as copmpared to the Activa. Waiting period for Dio in Thane is 25 days as compared to 90 days for Activa.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:44   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I thought Dio was easily available as copmpared to the Activa. Waiting period for Dio in Thane is 25 days as compared to 90 days for Activa.

In my place there was no scooter avilable [For all honda scooter have to wait] they only had bikes ready. Even I'm waiting for aviator DLX since a month. another 2 months to go. Control....control...
Old 1st April 2010, 19:17   #1070
BHPian

Sorry for Pumping up the Old thread but I have some problem in My Scooty Pep+. Everytime when i cross mark of 40 KM/H and Ride it on Power mode The 'Tec Tec' Sound comes from the engine. Anyone please suggest which sound this may be ?
Old 1st April 2010, 20:17   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Sorry for Pumping up the Old thread but I have some problem in My Scooty Pep+. Everytime when i cross mark of 40 KM/H and Ride it on Power mode The 'Tec Tec' Sound comes from the engine. Anyone please suggest which sound this may be ?
Firstly dont worry about the thread being old. Its only 2 days old!

And regarding the sound, it might not be from the engine per say but from the silencer as well. Does this sound come after you come to a halt or is it when the scoot is in motion?

If its after coming to a halt, i hear this in my RTR too and its the silencer sound and not the engine.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:37   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Firstly dont worry about the thread being old. Its only 2 days old!

And regarding the sound, it might not be from the engine per say but from the silencer as well. Does this sound come after you come to a halt or is it when the scoot is in motion?

If its after coming to a halt, i hear this in my RTR too and its the silencer sound and not the engine.
Dude ! This post was firstly posted in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...cooty-pep.html thread but Mod moved the post to this thread.

Regarding the sound, It is coming from the from the opposite side of Silencer where the wheel is connected to Transmition. In ideal the sound is low. But when its in motion the tuc tuc sound comes frequently. The sound is same like the sound of kick pressed during its in motion.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:10   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude ! This post was firstly posted in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...cooty-pep.html thread but Mod moved the post to this thread.

Regarding the sound, It is coming from the from the opposite side of Silencer where the wheel is connected to Transmition. In ideal the sound is low. But when its in motion the tuc tuc sound comes frequently. The sound is same like the sound of kick pressed during its in motion.
Your post was prolly moved since all the gearless scoot discussion happens in this thread now.

And i guess you have already checked the kick to ensure its not stuck in a pressed position. Only other thing i can think of is something caught in between the kick and the body panel. If this also turns out to be a dud then the SVC is the best option.
Old 4th April 2010, 22:37   #1074
Senior - BHPian

My Dio's mirrors have become loose and swing as was posted by someone above. So much for the quality. This is the second time I am saying this and one thing that I can say for sure is that, No more Pure Honda's for me.

PS: After 2 weeks of wait and fighting, I finally got my Dio's gaurd and to my horror, it is just a half guard covering the rear portion. They told me that it is the only guard that comes for the Dio and costs some 650 bucks. Can someone confirm this? I felt like cheated. I opted for the guard assuming that I would be given complete guard not half guard :(
Old 4th April 2010, 23:12   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
My Dio's mirrors have become loose and swing as was posted by someone above. So much for the quality. This is the second time I am saying this and one thing that I can say for sure is that, No more Pure Honda's for me.

PS: After 2 weeks of wait and fighting, I finally got my Dio's gaurd and to my horror, it is just a half guard covering the rear portion. They told me that it is the only guard that comes for the Dio and costs some 650 bucks. Can someone confirm this? I felt like cheated. I opted for the guard assuming that I would be given complete guard not half guard :(
About which Guard you are talking ? Show us pictures of guard or throw some light on your issue.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:57   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About which Guard you are talking ? Show us pictures of guard or throw some light on your issue.
I haven't clicked the pictures but this is how it looks:

Picture Courtsey: Vicky.in and google
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_76191.jpg  

Old 5th April 2010, 13:43   #1077
BHPian

I am really disappointed with the attitude of these 2 wheeler sellers.
I went to at least 2 Honda showrooms and 2 Suzuki showrooms to check for activa/aviator and access 125.
But cold response awaits. I am surprised at how they are doing business.

I went to a Honda showroom. I walked in, and spend a good 5-10 mins and no one even notices me. I went about checking vehicles etc., as I do not find any one in showroom who can help. There were couple of folks, but seem disinterested and replied "wait" when I said I want to see a vehicle.
Finally one guy came, and when I say "I want to see a Honda Aviator" he replies, which colour? when do you want to book?. I said any color would do for me to see, as I first want to see the features etc. He said they donot have anything, and finally took me to the basement(dark room) where they have a few vehicles and says, these are vehicles, have a look at them.
I asked what is the difference between activa and aviator(i went through reviews, but I thought a sales person would tell me some practical advantages). He replies no difference, same engine, aviator is costly. That is how these folks are selling the vehicles.
I ask him, can I test drive a vehicle? he says, we don't have test drive vehicles. I said, thanks for your time, and try to go out. He asks, when do you want to book your vehicle. I said I want to test drive, and without that I cant book.

Similar with another Honda showroom. He says 51,000 odd for aviator. I ask him, are there any models, or its a single variant. He didn't answer me. I asked is there a vehicle for test drive, and he says no, and I walk out.

Suzuki folks were relatively better. they didn't explain in me in detail, about features etc, but he says, we compare it with activa, activa is x bhp, access is y bhp. I said, my first preference is suspension as I have shoulder pains, how good is access. he said, ok, and goes on to say, if you pay full amount you will get in 30 days. if you pay min amount in advance, you will get in 60 days.
for test drive, he says, some on banged test drive vehicle, its in repair. A relatively more genuine answer(at least they bothered to answer as compared to Honda guys)
Old 5th April 2010, 14:04   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Sym Flyte- Fuel tank leak

My 2 year old Kinetic Sym flyte ( I bought it before Mahindra took over it)had to change the fuel tank.
Somewhere in this thread, I mentioned that the mileage in this scooter is too low etc. for the last 6 month, whenever I used to fill up petrol min 2 litre or more, I used to get petrol smell all the time, mainly when the vehicle was parked at home. I was under the impression that the smell comes through the lid. But the smell goes when the fuel level come down to one litre or less.

All these time my mileage was only 30/31 kmpl.

All of a sudden, last week I found some petrol leaked on the floor, almost one litre or more has leaked out. Complaint made to the mahindra workshop and they instantly said that they know the problem and it can be rectified. I asked them to send some one to pick up the scooter. After 3 days they brought back the scooter. They have changed the fuel tank as per instruction from mahindra because they had similar complaints from many people hence it was done free of cost. Only I had to pay service cost and oil charges etc.

Now, there is no more petrol smell even after the tank was filled up upto full level.
Will have to check and see the mileage improvement (the workshop guy told me that when they checked they were getting 48kmpl -is that possible - who knows?)
Old 5th April 2010, 14:09   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

If you are talking about the guard shown in the picture. Then do remember that it comes free. You'll not have to pay for this. Every Scooter like My scooty PEP+ , Aviator, Activa its directly fitted from company and its not required to buy it.
How did you pay him ? You should have went to any other honda showroom to ask them its free or it needs to be purchased separately. Now just go to anyother showroom and ask them about this or call Honda's Customer care number (May be written on you Dio's Owner Manual)

Please confirm whether you are talking about this guard only and not about that black metal one.
The Gearless Scooter Thread-img_76191.jpg

Picture Source : Vicky.in (EDITED)

Last edited by iamback : 5th April 2010 at 14:11.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:28   #1080
Senior - BHPian

@ I am back, I am referring to the black guard that is covering the body (the one with plastic sheet). Not the one which is near ladies footstep. They charged me INR 650 for this and I was under the impression that I would get a full guard like the ones provided for Activa/Aviator. Whats the point of this guard?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks