Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2013, 17:44   #2566
BHPian

Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Thanks guys, will do more test rides of the scooters.

And rohan, thanks for that fantastic review!
Old 21st July 2013, 17:52   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Thanks guys, will do more test rides of the scooters.

And rohan, thanks for that fantastic review!
Also try out the Vespa VX especially if you are tall. I am buying this shortly, since I love the look & am nostalgic about the LML Vespa I had owned 20 yrs back
Old 21st July 2013, 18:01   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Also try out the Vespa VX especially if you are tall. I am buying this shortly, since I love the look & am nostalgic about the LML Vespa I had owned 20 yrs back
Yes, I like the looks very much.

Haven't ridden it yet, but reviews say its one heck of a performer. With the disc brake, the braking issues should be solved as well.

Will pay the Vespa guys a visit soon!

PS - I'm quite short actually - I'm only a 5'7".
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:20   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunr View Post
I suggest you try out the Aviator or Wego as they both have larger wheels and telescopic suspension up front.
Have owned an aviator for 2 years and have ridden the distance mentioned by you. Cannot say i arrived fresh but was as as comfortable as you can be on any scooter.
Had an Activa (old shape) for 10 years but used to get lower-back pain for travels of 30 kms only. Upgraded to Aviator and don't find any issues even after riding 50 kms.
VaahanYogi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 21:51   #2570

Guyz
I want to buy a scooty/sccoter for daily commuting to the office. The vehicle would be used by me mostly and occassionaly by my wife.
I have shortlisted these vehicles :
1) Active i --- OTR 52.5 -- Wwaiting period of 2 mnths in thane
2) Suzuki Swish/Access 125 -- OTR 57.3/58.4
3) TVS Wego -- OTR 63.2 with dic brakes and accessories.

Kindly advise me which vehicle to buy as i would want to buy the vehicle in the next 5 days.
Am kinda confused between Access and Wego. Any other suggestions are also welcome.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:32   #2571
Senior - BHPian

To all those who are unhappy with Honda servicing, i'd suggest you give Prime Honda (near Maruti mandir,vijayanagar) a try. My sister's bike went in for the first service and they've done a good job. Also, no "attitude" problems like with other dealerships. The SA was courteous and willing to listen to all our complaints.

Issues reported (apart from regular first service requirements):

Brakes to be adjusted
Headlight beam to be aligned

Positives
All the work requested for,was attended to properly
Polite staff
Scooter was returned to me in 3 hours (dropped it on a weekday)
No scratches nothing

Negatives:
None, the brakes though adjusted are still not as good as I would've liked it.
Shoddy washing!

I've done about 100kms post service and the engine smoothness,response has improved vastly! It should hopefully get better after the next few services.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 1st August 2013 at 13:33.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:42   #2572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
i'd suggest you give Prime Honda a try. My sister's bike went in for the first service and they've done a good job. Also, no "attitude" problems like with other dealerships. The SA was courteous and willing to listen to all our complaints.
Guess they are new to the trade. Good that you had a nice experience. But the same consistency must be maintained in the long run. Once sales increase and so does the workload, that is when these chaps start showing attitude problems. Their main principle is that, if not customer X, there will be a customer Y to fill his place. That is the mother of all other problems related to Honda After sales. Even the silicon honda outlet I previously visited had lesser workloads compared to their other branches and hence, the only advantage I saw was I could get the vehicle back the same day even if I gave it late. Apart from that, nothing good.

WRT Prime Honda, a TBHP-ian mentioned in my Dio ownership thread that he had a good experience with them, compared to other Honda showrooms. Hence I feel the same attitude must continue, and wish they open a branch nearby my place
Old 7th August 2013, 22:48   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
The only issue was with the Wego battery which was 4 Amp battery . A lot of people complained about this battery and the issue was eventually resolved by upgrading he Wego to a 5 Amp battery . The current Wegos all come with the same battery as the Scooty , a 5 amp battery ,
Anyone else done this, i.e. upgraded their Wego 4 amp battery to a 5 amp one? I gave my April 2011 Wego for servicing today and was told the stock Amco battery has gone kaput. The had an Amco as replacement, but I chose not go opt for it since I was more interested in Amaron. When I checked today, the battery clamp just seems enough to fit in a 4 amp battery. The 5 amp Amaron is taller and may not fit in. I want to be fully sure before taking the plunge and getting a 5 amp battery.

Last edited by hrman : 7th August 2013 at 22:49.
Old 7th August 2013, 23:51   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Anyone else done this, i.e. upgraded their Wego 4 amp battery to a 5 amp one? I gave my April 2011 Wego for servicing today and was told the stock Amco battery has gone kaput. The had an Amco as replacement, but I chose not go opt for it since I was more interested in Amaron. When I checked today, the battery clamp just seems enough to fit in a 4 amp battery. The 5 amp Amaron is taller and may not fit in. I want to be fully sure before taking the plunge and getting a 5 amp battery.
They change the whole clamp assembly . Go for the amco , absolutely no problem .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 13:27   #2575

guyz,
went to book the TVS Wego today. he said u cant buy the vehicle unless you have permanent license. I have a Learning license.... Kindly let me know if for buying a vehicle do we require a Permanent license as i have seen many people putting a RED L Sticker on their vehicles and driving ..... Sorry to ask such a noob question but am new to bikes and scooters
Old 9th August 2013, 20:24   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
guyz,
went to book the TVS Wego today. he said u cant buy the vehicle unless you have permanent license. I have a Learning license.... Kindly let me know if for buying a vehicle do we require a Permanent license as i have seen many people putting a RED L Sticker on their vehicles and driving ..... Sorry to ask such a noob question but am new to bikes and scooters
Yes, you will need a permanent licence to buy a scooter. The L sticker on the scooters is just an indication that the driver is still in the learning mode. But to book a vehicle you dont need any licence, cheque book is enough. When the scooter goes for registration, you will need to provide the permanent licence copy.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 20:51   #2577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
guyz,
I have a Learning license
Not sure about other people but you need to have a licence. Those who dont have drive vehicles owned by someone else. Not sure about your age, but do get a driving licence and then book a vehicle. Though you might be an excellent driver or rider, but when it comes to the law, all it sees is your DL. With an LL, you need to have a DL holder with you at all times when you ride or drive and some other formalities too. Hence, instead of all the risks, book your vehicle the next day you get a valid DL.
Old 9th August 2013, 22:10   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
guyz,
went to book the TVS Wego today. he said u cant buy the vehicle unless you have permanent license. I have a Learning license

Really we need a licence to buy a vehicle!! I bought a Wego for my wife in March 2013. I never gave her license's copy to anyone. Passport was submitted as proof of address/identification. I clearly remember this, as after we got the bike home, she organized all the documents to be kept in vehicle and at that time, we took the licence out of the storage.

Regards,
Old 10th August 2013, 00:30   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
3) TVS Wego -- OTR 63.2 with dic brakes and accessories.
Wego: I went to dealer of my area (Mira Rd) and final total price offered was 60250 - with disc brakes, extended warranty (+3 yrs on the standard 2 yrs), rto, accessories. these prices are when not put on finance, and paid upfront (cash / cheque). tomorrow I will go and pay.

but he said battery will carry only 1 year warranty - need inputs.

for the records: extended warranty was costing additional ~Rs.700 and accessories quoted as Rs.1750 (majorly includes full guard, some isi marked helmet, handle grips, seat cover, etc)
Old 10th August 2013, 01:20   #2580

But normally poeple buy a bike/scooter , go for a LL , learn it and then give a test to get the DL. I dont know if the rules have changed but when my friend brought a biike he never had any LL or DL. All he gave were residence proof and other docs....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks