Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 01:50   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Current hardware doesn't support Mirror Link. May be MY 15 models might have the hardware.
No, MY15 models do not have the upgraded hardware (in Europe). It may be offered in the MY16 models.
Old 31st January 2015, 11:30   #1367
BHPian

Just got my car back from the first free service. The odo reading is 14704kms.And the free service cost a cool 8.9k with all filters changed plus oil and consumables etc. The car though now looks and drives like new again.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 11:58   #1368
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The odo reading is 14704 kms. And the free service cost a cool 8.9k
This is a paid service. The free inspection/service happens at 6 months/7500 km.
Old 31st January 2015, 13:28   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Just got my car back from the first free service. The odo reading is 14704kms.And the free service cost a cool 8.9k with all filters changed plus oil and consumables etc. The car though now looks and drives like new again.
Good to know that the car looks and drives like new again. Would you mind sharing with us the cost break up, how much did the different parts and labor cost you?
Old 31st January 2015, 13:44   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
This is a paid service. The free inspection/service happens at 6 months/7500 km.
I think he meant labor free by the free service.
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:30   #1371
BHPian

Guys I have been allotted the car and feeling very excited about it. I have started the payment procedure. Most probably I will get the car by this weekend. There has been increase of about 46K in the prices due to withdrawal of excise incentive.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 20:25   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Guys I have been allotted the car and feeling very excited about it. I have started the payment procedure. Most probably I will get the car by this weekend. There has been increase of about 46K in the prices due to withdrawal of excise incentive.
This is excellent news. Congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you. I just lookup up your posts and for a booking done on 18th Dec, with an expected wait period of 4-6 months, this is not bad at all. I have been promised 2 months and booked on the first week of Jan so this is very promising. Thanks for the update.

Is it a '15 car? Sad to hear the 46K hike but also slightly happy as by my calculations, I expected it to be close to 60K for the elegance but it very well might be here in Bangalore.

Do keep us updated on how things go and again, congrats!
Old 3rd February 2015, 14:59   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post
This is excellent news. Congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you. I just lookup up your posts and for a booking done on 18th Dec, with an expected wait period of 4-6 months, this is not bad at all. I have been promised 2 months and booked on the first week of Jan so this is very promising. Thanks for the update.

Is it a '15 car? Sad to hear the 46K hike but also slightly happy as by my calculations, I expected it to be close to 60K for the elegance but it very well might be here in Bangalore.

Do keep us updated on how things go and again, congrats!
I also hope everything goes well! As per VIN given to me its December 2014 model. It takes them about a month to dispatch the car.
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:46   #1374
Senior - BHPian

now here is one thing which I am unable to understand.

If Skoda is asking for a waiting period of 4-6 months, it would simply mean that they are selling more cars than what they are producing. Now if they are selling more cars, then how come they are still allocating cars made in december?? I mean it's been more than a month since the new year has started, then why do they still have inventory of december 2014 with them?

and if they do have the inventory - then why such a long wait?
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:09   #1375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
now here is one thing which I am unable to understand.

If Skoda is asking for a waiting period of 4-6 months, it would simply mean that they are selling more cars than what they are producing. Now if they are selling more cars, then how come they are still allocating cars made in december?? I mean it's been more than a month since the new year has started, then why do they still have inventory of december 2014 with them?

and if they do have the inventory - then why such a long wait?
By any VAG car standards, getting a Dec 2014 mfd car (as per VIN decoding) in 1st week of Feb 2015 is quick.

The waiting period I believe is due to the poor inflow of CKD kits from Europe. I think with some improvement in the supply, coupled with the waning of interest in the car, prospective buyers can hope for lesser waiting periods I guess in 2015.
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:13   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Absolute ambiguity here by all companies. When I bought a Laura 3 yrs back, I booked the car and they gave me live transit updates for my allotted car. It arrived in 10 days exactly from the factory, MY 2012 model, and was handed over to me in 2 days after that. Lately when I booked the Octavia last year, i was told a week's time of waiting but actually had to wait for almost two months and no updates were given. Of course i have a 2013 model and it was delivered in October end. Point is that even the factory is being ambiguous to the dealer, so dealer has no choice but to be ambiguous to the customer.
Old 4th February 2015, 20:04   #1377
BHPian

OK. I have finally been able to track down a new Columbus II unit for the Skoada Octavia. But it is ridiculously expensive.

Here is the link for the vitamin M people.

http://volkswagen-navigationsystem.c...s-ii-new-.html
Old 5th February 2015, 08:21   #1378
BHPian

The pricing looks impossible. How can the system be most expensive than the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
OK. I have finally been able to track down a new Columbus II unit for the Skoada Octavia. But it is ridiculously expensive.

Here is the link for the vitamin M people.

http://volkswagen-navigationsystem.c...s-ii-new-.html
Old 5th February 2015, 09:28   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
The pricing looks impossible. How can the system be more expensive than the car?
I guess it's 1130 Euros. There's this strange British tradition of writing the sum using commas instead of decimal points and vice versa which causes these sort of confusions. As far as I understand, Euro 1.000,00 is Euro 1000.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th February 2015 at 12:01. Reason: On request
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 10:40   #1380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
The pricing looks impossible. How can the system be most expensive than the car?
1130 Euros. They are using the comma as the decimal mark instead of the period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks