Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 12:39   #7051
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Here you go, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html. That one will sort out the confusion regarding engine oil :-).

Also just curious, why are you taking your car @12k for 2nd service. It must have done @10k ? I am not sure if Ford A.S.S gonna void your warranty for this reason, those people are waiting to get something to void warranty. Feels likes its their priority job.

Called them up and got couple of answers from two people, one said the first service happens at 1000 KM and second should be done at 10K, other one said that the first one happens at 2500 KM and second one at 10K , anyways, they agreed to 10K, guess i have 12K in mind for 2500+10K. Mine is almost 10900 KM's so will go for service this weekend.

About the engine oil, i guess its synthetic i will like to have, just need to check out the prices now.
Old 14th August 2012, 16:51   #7052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Gents, going in for 2nd service at 12k , i need recommendations on engine oil + other stuff that i should focus on...i can't trust the A.S.S. anyways
Sorry if I have missed any of your ordeal with the Ford A.S.S., but otherwise why would you need special recommendations on your engine oil and other routine work to be carried out at the 2nd free service? It's a routine 10K service on your car, the A.S.S. should take care of all that. Your focus should be on pointing out any issues that you have noticed with the car and get them to check on them, and leave the routine work to them.

Synthetic engine oil will cost above 1K per litre so that means it would be at least 4K for the oil change alone if you want to go for it, while the semi-synthetic oil that Ford uses will be less than 200/litre. And the service interval of Figo is as follows.
1st service: 2,500 kms or 3 months whichever is earlier.
2nd service: 10,000 kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.
Then every 10K kms or a year whichever is earlier.
This is the service schedule that is mentioned in the manual of my car, no idea if there are any changes now.
Old 14th August 2012, 19:04   #7053
BHPian

Found this on the net today - [Source - ]Ford Recalls 140,000 Cars in India, South Africa - ABC News

Ford Recalls 140,000 Cars in India, South Africa

By ERIKA KINETZ AP Business Writer
MUMBAI, India August 14, 2012 (AP)

Ford Motor Co.'s Indian subsidiary is recalling nearly 140,000 of its most popular cars for manufacturing defects that date back as far as 2008 and can cause fires and other problems.

Ford said it will examine 111,000 Ford Figo and Classic models sold in India and manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010 for a faulty rear twist beam, which can compromise brake performance and make the vehicle inoperable.

Ford will also replace a hose in 17,655 Figo and Classic cars in India, which were produced between September 2010 and February 2011, as a precautionary measure. The company said oil can leak from the hose, resulting in noxious fumes, smoke and in extreme cases, fire.

The company said an additional 10,000 vehicles exported to South Africa would also be recalled.

No injuries have occurred as a result of the defects, Ford said.

Like other global carmakers in India, Ford relies heavily on local suppliers to keep down costs.

Toyota, Tata Motors, Honda and Maruti Suzuki have all had to recall cars in India in recent years, although none has been as big as the Ford recall.

Ford's compact Figo, launched in 2010, made the American auto giant a real player in India's competitive small-car market.

Ford has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into India, part of the company's strategy to pursue growth in Asia over the next decade. In March, Ford laid the cornerstone for a new $1 billion factory in the Indian state of Gujarat.

On the same note -

My October 2010 Figo's rear torsion beam was replaced during the 20k service. They did not inform me about it but I noticed it on the invoice as a replacement under warranty. As per Fortune Ford Tolichowki staff, they are doing this for ALL Figo's that are coming for the service. But what is appalling is that they did not make this public!
Old 14th August 2012, 23:33   #7054
BHPian

Well for simple reason, its hard to trust them by default, but thanks anyways.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:28   #7055
BHPian

Went on 14th to get the RTB checked and 3rd paid service done. The mechanic involved in checking and changing the RTB was real fast (Due to his time to open Roza) and inspected/chenged and test drove in an hour. I guess the change was done in almost all the cars brought for the FSA. Old RTB's were marked/tagged and a pic was clicked.

There seemed to no difference in the old and new RTB. At least to the naked eyes. After replacement, I was not able to mark any difference in the ride.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0053.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-kudli.jpg
RTB replacement involved no charges while the regular paid service bill came at Rs. 3515/-

I was mad after getting the rubbery kind of noise from the door beading and front suspension noise solved. The suspension noise was solved. They said they aligned the Anti Roll Bar and greased the calipers. The door noise was was absent after door striker setting and greasing but to my horror, the same irritating noise came back after 50 kms of drive.

The doors are perfectly set but the rubber strip which touches the body frame near the windows are the culprit. It makes a certain kind of murmuring noise on bad roads. I guess the rubber strip is faulty. What you guys think? I checked a fiesta and there was an additional rubber strip even on the body frame (near the upper part of the windows) to prevent the rubbing between the rubber and the body.

The noise disappears if I apply petroleum jelly on the rubber beading or when it heavily rains. But reappears again when everything is dry!

I am not going to take the car again to the A.S.S which is 60 kms away to sort this issue out. Instead I am planning for a DIY and look for a possibility to add a rubber door strip on the body frame to reduce the friction and tighten the space.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0054.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0055.jpg

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 15th August 2012 at 16:43.
Old 15th August 2012, 18:51   #7056
BHPian

1. What is the waiting period for TDCi Titanium currently?

2. What are the freebies I can request for at the dealership? Anybody with experience at Khairtabad's Fortune Ford (Hyderabad) can please share their experience.
Old 15th August 2012, 20:15   #7057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
I was mad after getting the rubbery kind of noise from the door beading and front suspension noise solved. The suspension noise was solved. They said they aligned the Anti Roll Bar and greased the calipers. The door noise was was absent after door striker setting and greasing but to my horror, the same irritating noise came back after 50 kms of drive.

The doors are perfectly set but the rubber strip which touches the body frame near the windows are the culprit. It makes a certain kind of murmuring noise on bad roads. I guess the rubber strip is faulty. What you guys think? I checked a fiesta and there was an additional rubber strip even on the body frame (near the upper part of the windows) to prevent the rubbing between the rubber and the body.

The noise disappears if I apply petroleum jelly on the rubber beading or when it heavily rains. But reappears again when everything is dry!
This is the exact problem I have in my figo. It sort of gives a creaking sound when you climb speed bumps or over bad roads right? When it rains, the rattles go away.
At the FASS, they spray something onto the rubber to make them supple, so when you test drive, the rattles seem to have been fixed. They come back eventually. They are really incompetent in fixing rattles.

Even I am badly in need of a DIY to fix this. Please update if you find any.
One thing that reduces the intensity of creaking is to fill 30psi (recommended by ford but often ignored even when seating two )in all tyres and be a little gentle over bumps.
kart19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 20:21   #7058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post

2. What are the freebies I can request for at the dealership? Anybody with experience at Khairtabad's Fortune Ford (Hyderabad) can please share their experience.
There is no waiting list for a few colors. Others, a week or two at the max.

They have advertised in the paper - free insurance, some accessories and loyalty bonus. You can push for a bit more and they might oblige.

I only test drove at that dealer. This was ages ago. It was alright - neutral.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:26   #7059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer

You get immediate delivery for Figo tdci. If you are particular about colour, then contact all the Ford dealers in Hyderabad. If one dealer does not have that colour for the particular model, then other dealer may have.
I took delivery in June this year and got these as free in Bangalore: Reverse parking sensors, Artificial leather seat covers, floor mat, dicky mat, mud flaps, Ultra voilet resistant polish for car, Idol and perfume. Free insurance is for petrol models only.
Also some dealers quote price of the car including 3rd year warranty and road side assistance about Rs.6500/-, then they say that they are giving cash discount of 6500/- When you purchase the car, you will get to know that 3rd year warranty and road side assistance is not there. This is just misleading, beware.
Old 15th August 2012, 22:28   #7060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Free insurance is for petrol models only.
They have free insurance even on diesel figo.
Old 15th August 2012, 22:37   #7061
Senior - BHPian

Hey there,

Petroleum jelly is actually bad for the rubber used in such beadings. Instead, make a 50:50 ratio mixture of glycerine & water for use on these rubber parts. I have used it extensively on all my cars for many years now. It maintains the softness in the rubber & I feel that it should help you.

Just don't overdo it, once a month or two is more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post

I am not going to take the car again to the A.S.S which is 60 kms away to sort this issue out. Instead I am planning for a DIY and look for a possibility to add a rubber door strip on the body frame to reduce the friction and tighten the space.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 10:39   #7062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post

One input for your DIY is that make sure that the rubber piece that you put on the inside to press again the door beading shouldn't be very thick. Cause if it presses the door beading too hard then over time the beading will crack ahead of its age.

I have a weird problem on the driver's side door, as I gain speed above 80kmph i can hear a small wind squishing sounds as if their is a leak or something uneven is breaking the wind flow. But the door beading and the felt lining is perfect and clean and their are no leaks. A.S.S couldnt figure it out either. Any ideas?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 11:08   #7063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
This is the exact problem I have in my figo. It sort of gives a creaking sound when you climb speed bumps or over bad roads right? When it rains, the rattles go away.
At the FASS, they spray something onto the rubber to make them supple, so when you test drive, the rattles seem to have been fixed. They come back eventually. They are really incompetent in fixing rattles.

Even I am badly in need of a DIY to fix this. Please update if you find any.
One thing that reduces the intensity of creaking is to fill 30psi (recommended by ford but often ignored even when seating two )in all tyres and be a little gentle over bumps.
You bet it. I am now scared of those creaking noises. At present, cranking up the volume is the only remedy. I will search local automotive stores, if they have any rubber strip which would stick and fit perfectly in my car. You too search for the same. We can share the strip if any one finds it .
Old 16th August 2012, 12:09   #7064
BHPian

Hi,

On Monday, the Malfunction Indication lamp on my March 2011 Figo TDCI started glowing. I was going to office, and had to return home after hardly going 2 Km after seeing the lamp glow. I called Ford 24x7 Road Side Assistance, they were prompt and towed away my car from home and took it to the nearest Service station(Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar).

The issue was resolved by Harpreet Ford, but I am still not convinced by the reply they gave about what caused the issue. They just cleared the DTC Error code and did a road test on the car and said the car is Ok. When I asked, what was the reason for the Error Code – they weer not entirely sure and said it could have been someone giving excessive ‘race’ while starting the car or it could have been due to starting the car before the beeps go off. They were not really sure. They washed the car and dropped it back at my home. I have only driven about 25 Km since they returned the car and the issue hasn’t surfaced again.

Has anybody faced a similar issue, with the Malfunction Indication lamp glowing due to pressing the accelerator excessively while starting or starting the car before the beeps go off? Or what else could have been the reason?

Thanks.
Old 16th August 2012, 12:13   #7065
BHPian

Ford India Private Limited - Field Service Action

You can check if your car is covered in this recall at the above link.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks