Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:10   #106
BHPian

Re: Buying a *used* budget Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
NHC may be the car you are looking for. cheap to run, and never gives any issues. anything else may be more problematic.
You are probably more aware of the market there in mumbai, but dont think NHC would be the one. It may cheaper to run and maintain without any problems, but I think it will be let down in terms of shear performance and handling.

:( God!! I'm so confused..
Old 24th April 2012, 17:42   #107
BHPian

Any other thoughts besides the NHC being a very good option? How is the performance of the Fiesta Tdci? I have read some threads with mixed feedback. How is the engine? As goos as or comparable to the Verna CRDi? How reliable and trouble free would a used Fiesta tdci be ? I considering it because Fiesta's are great handlers, but the diesel one seems a lil lack lustre...
Old 25th April 2012, 00:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Any other thoughts besides the NHC being a very good option? How is the performance of the Fiesta Tdci? I have read some threads with mixed feedback. How is the engine? As goos as or comparable to the Verna CRDi? How reliable and trouble free would a used Fiesta tdci be ? I considering it because Fiesta's are great handlers, but the diesel one seems a lil lack lustre...
You might want to consider a used chevy optra magnum.

Fiesta old one doesnt have a good engine but it does handle well.

New Verna forget it if you need a good handling car.
Old 25th April 2012, 01:39   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is the engine? As goos as or comparable to the Verna CRDi? How reliable and trouble free would a used Fiesta tdci be ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Hi,

The Fiesta has a very good engine reliabiltiy wise. The only catch in a Fiesta TDCi is that, the engine lacks performance of its competitors.

Reliability wise, yes, it can be compared to Verna's, but not performance wise. However, for me, the handling makes up to the slightly low performance.

That said: If you find a genuine used example for <50,000kms, then it should be relatively trouble free.
Old 25th April 2012, 06:46   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster
I considering it because Fiesta's are great handlers, but the diesel one seems a lil lack lustre...
Fiesta feels a little cramped - if you have rear seat passengers. Performance can be improved with a Petes box, but its expensive for Fiesta, about 40k.
Old 25th April 2012, 07:28   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Fiesta feels a little cramped - if you have rear seat passengers. Performance can be improved with a Petes box, but its expensive for Fiesta, about 40k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi,

The Fiesta has a very good engine reliabiltiy wise. The only catch in a Fiesta TDCi is that, the engine lacks performance of its competitors.

Reliability wise, yes, it can be compared to Verna's, but not performance wise. However, for me, the handling makes up to the slightly low performance.
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I have been using the Punto 1.2 for about 2 yrs and have just sold it. Similar to Fiesta diesel, the Punto handled great, but the lack of shear performance was putting me off. So i'll keep the Fiesta diesel has my last option I guess, just like the NHC will be my last option for a used petrol sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
You might want to consider a used chevy optra magnum.
New Verna forget it if you need a good handling car.
@Crazy4.Cars: I agree with you completely and this is what my thought process has been. Verna is not good handler, Fiesta Diesel is boring. So if its Diesel Sedan then it will be the Optra Magnum diesel for sure. But from what I heard, finding a clean specimen with low mileage is a big challenge.

What cars other than Optra Magnum Diesel and Baleno can fit my requirements of Great Performance and Handling, Easy (cheaper) to maintain and decent FE of around 12kmpl ??
Old 25th April 2012, 12:32   #112
BHPian

Quote:

What cars other than Optra Magnum Diesel and Baleno can fit my requirements of Great Performance and Handling, Easy (cheaper) to maintain and decent FE of around 12kmpl ??
also look at Cedia.
I also have a Lancer and it handles much better than OHC but lacks a bit of power; however cold air intake and FFE could fix that problem to some extent. Cedia must be better than Lancer.

hope you have gone through this thread too:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...pees-less.html
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 12:34   #113
BHPian

Quote:
also look at Cedia.
I also have a Lancer and it handles much better than OHC but lacks a bit of power; however cold air intake and FFE could fix that problem to some extent. Cedia must be better than Lancer.

hope you have gone through this thread too:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...pees-less.html
Cedia is on my list. I would love a Blue,Red or Yellow one

Believe it or not, the very next tab in my browser has that thread open.

Thanks buddy.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:40   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Cedia is on my list. I would love a Blue,Red or Yellow one

Believe it or not, the very next tab in my browser has that thread open.

Thanks buddy.
please consider that looking for a good specimen (single owner, service records, good condition, etc) may take longer than expected (i know someone who spent 16 months hunting for a nice OHC Vtec in Mumbai/Pune); since you are moving to mumbai and would need a car fairly quickly, make a list of cars you think you feel are good for you and start your search; whichever is the first to come to your way and also meets the requirements of a clean car, go with that.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
please consider that looking for a good specimen (single owner, service records, good condition, etc) may take longer than expected (i know someone who spent 16 months hunting for a nice OHC Vtec in Mumbai/Pune); since you are moving to mumbai and would need a car fairly quickly, make a list of cars you think you feel are good for you and start your search; whichever is the first to come to your way and also meets the requirements of a clean car, go with that.
Great pointers Infotech. I had a feeling this hunt will take time and I was prepared to wait for 2-3 months (but 16months is a lil too long).

As far as the list is concerned, Optra Magnum Tdci, Baleno, Cedia, City ZX VTech. And if I cant find any good specimen of these 4 models then I may keep an eye on the Fiesta 1.6 (which I see a lot in the used market). Thats why I was looking for feedback on these cars.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:
As far as the list is concerned, Optra Magnum Tdci, Baleno, Cedia, City ZX VTech. And if I cant find any good specimen of these 4 models then I may keep an eye on the Fiesta 1.6 (which I see a lot in the used market). Thats why I was looking for feedback on these cars.

Hi have seen a cedia black color in Belapur - Navi Mumbai . the dealer was quoting 3.5 L . The car looked good from outside .
abhishek_rait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 14:36   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
Hi have seen a cedia black color in Belapur - Navi Mumbai . the dealer was quoting 3.5 L . The car looked good from outside .
Thanks Abhishek. I'll probably PM you once I'm in mumbai., cant check now since there is no one to go to check it out.

But have another question for you and other mumbaiites... How easy or difficult is it to run a Thane,Panvel,Navi Mumbai etc registered cars in Mumbai suburbs? I ask because using a non-bangalore car in bangalore used to be a big nuisance.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:46   #118
BHPian

Quote:
How easy or difficult is it to run a Thane,Panvel,Navi Mumbai etc registered cars in Mumbai suburbs? I ask because using a non-bangalore car in bangalore used to be a big nuisance.
No issues at all, as long as the car has MH on the no. plate.
abhishek_rait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 09:52   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Friends,
back to this thread with another budget sedan.

There is a OHC 1.3 for sale with my trusted mechanic,
Variant: Not sure about the variant, car comes with manual adjusted RVMs
Model: 2000 October
Mileage: 128000 km
Color: Dark Green
No of owners: 2

Below is the condition of vehicle
- Met with a minor frontal accident (Owner's son hit the wall while learning driving) and left in garage for about 2 months
- Front bumper & LH head lamp damaged
- Radiator & AC condenser started leaking
- Windshield broken at garage (renovation work under progress in garage, painter dropped a 1L paint container over windshield)
- Owner already purchased a pair of Head lamps, bumper, radiator & condenser
- All 4 brand new tyres (Bridgestone)
- Black art leather seat covers
- No head unit but has 2+2 speakers (HU removed and fitted in one of their other vehicle)
- Rust & a small hole in RH rear door near door handle

But mechanic said engine & suspension are in good condition, but I haven't driven the car personally (radiator not fitted yet)

What should be the right price of this car?

Reason for sale:
- Not being used anymore (they have 3 more cars at home)

Reason for purchase:
- Honda lover
- Will be used by wify or my parents (purely a second car at home, not a daily drive)
Old 8th October 2012, 11:50   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Friends,
back to this thread with another budget sedan.

There is a OHC 1.3 for sale with my trusted mechanic,
Variant: Not sure about the variant, car comes with manual adjusted RVMs
Model: 2000 October
Mileage: 128000 km
Color: Dark Green
No of owners: 2

Below is the condition of vehicle
- Met with a minor frontal accident (Owner's son hit the wall while learning driving) and left in garage for about 2 months
- Front bumper & LH head lamp damaged
- Radiator & AC condenser started leaking
- Windshield broken at garage (renovation work under progress in garage, painter dropped a 1L paint container over windshield)
- Owner already purchased a pair of Head lamps, bumper, radiator & condenser
- All 4 brand new tyres (Bridgestone)
- Black art leather seat covers
- No head unit but has 2+2 speakers (HU removed and fitted in one of their other vehicle)
- Rust & a small hole in RH rear door near door handle

But mechanic said engine & suspension are in good condition, but I haven't driven the car personally (radiator not fitted yet)

What should be the right price of this car?

Reason for sale:
- Not being used anymore (they have 3 more cars at home)

Reason for purchase:
- Honda lover
- Will be used by wify or my parents (purely a second car at home, not a daily drive)
I would suggest you to quote around a 1 lakh. The car is already 12 years old, its a petrol and has clocked around 1,28,000kms. The car doesn't seem to be that well maintained. Currently, the engine and stuff are in good condition but might start giving problems after 7-8 months same reason the car is very old. Anything beyond 1.2 is not worth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks