Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 01:28   #136
Senior - BHPian

U end up reading ABS in a gym advert as Anti Lock Braking System
Old 9th May 2009, 08:37   #137
BHPian

Very well said, every time my girlfriend handles the stereo rotary knob roughly I almost feel like putting a bullet through my head. And with all my courage if I ever tell her this then she gives me a look which I'm sure I'll regret for quite a few days..

I just hate it when people slam the door, I always keep telling them that its not a factory door which needs to be slammed with all the energy you have. But man everyone keeps doing it again n again.. Even when the mechanic works on my car I prefer to put a newspaper on the mats .. lol

And I shouldn't even start on the valet parking guys, I love my friends but to be honest I would prefer everyone walking from to parking lot to the venue rather than giving my car at the valet.
Old 14th May 2009, 01:29   #138
BHPian

How 'bout in a dilemma, whether to fuss when girlfriend/wife/significant other slams the door hard or something like that, thinking last time I fussed, and went through lot of 'emotional atyachar' for fussing, later some one scratched the car? Like being thinking if I do it once more, maybe some one will again scratch or dent, and forgive the door slamming?
Old 14th May 2009, 12:30   #139
BHPian

It sucks being an enthusiast because...

I hate it when people use your car like a dinning table specially when you go to the road side joints and eventually end up droping something or the other...

Also when your cars parked and your friends nicely use your boot as a bench or strangers keep leaning on your car and when you ask them to move, you should see the reactions, its as if you know you have insulted them or something.

The worst time is the monsoons when we go out for day trips and everyone gets wet and sit in the car without giveing me the time to put plastic covers on the seats...

Also when you have children in the car and they enjoy making marks on the seats with thier muddy feet, its good fun to see them play but then kido are you aware that you are spoiling my seat

When you get scolded for not allowing each and everyone to drive your car.

Your parents care a dam that the car got scrathed and I end up throwing a fit...

and many more to go, actually I guess my parents and friends should be writing this post for me cause they enjoy taking my case when it comes to cars...
Old 14th May 2009, 17:59   #140
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd gone by to congratulate my cousin + his wife who have very recently been blessed with a baby boy. In the midst of discussions, I asked "is the baby low maintenance? How frequent are the (diaper) changes?"

No one was amused. Not even my parents.
Old 15th May 2009, 00:38   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
....cars...

It is just a car, use it, enjoy it and replace it when it is time unless it is some exotic? I dont like garage queens.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:01   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMASURG View Post
It is just a car, use it, enjoy it and replace it when it is time unless it is some exotic? I dont like garage queens.
One man's meet is another man' poison Trauma Surg(eon?) !!
Old 15th May 2009, 13:25   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'd gone by to congratulate my cousin + his wife who have very recently been blessed with a baby boy. In the midst of discussions, I asked "is the baby low maintenance? How frequent are the (diaper) changes?"

No one was amused. Not even my parents.

Trustme it was the best Joke I heard this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanerjee View Post
How 'bout in a dilemma, whether to fuss when girlfriend/wife/significant other slams the door hard or something like that, thinking last time I fussed, and went through lot of 'emotional atyachar' for fussing, later some one scratched the car? Like being thinking if I do it once more, maybe some one will again scratch or dent, and forgive the door slamming?

I have atleast had 3000 fights in my 3 year ownership of Scorpio. But as they say" NO ONE Changes"

Last edited by SamtheLeo : 15th May 2009 at 13:28. Reason: Missed a point
Old 29th May 2009, 14:41   #144
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It sucks being a car and bike enthusiast because

1) You can find dirty spots on you car / bike after is has been cleaned by the watchman (I do clean by bike but on sundays only, during office days i let the watchman clean her)

2) Because you will ask the right questions before you buy your bike / car or ask more questions to the mechanic who doesnt want to answer the same.

3) Because you will take decisions from your heart and not your brain.

4) Because you will spend a lot MORe than required on your car / bike

5) Because you will not park your car /bike in a sunny place or you will park it yourself and not let the valet park

cheers,
ac
Old 31st May 2009, 08:57   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post

Trustme it was the best Joke I heard this week

I have atleast had 3000 fights in my 3 year ownership of Scorpio. But as they say" NO ONE Changes"

I have a premier padmini 17 years old and I take care to shut the door myself and people laugh at me - but I just do not care
Old 6th July 2009, 17:11   #146
BHPian

Your very close friends in their very good mood suddenly yell at you, bcoz they know you smoke, they also smoke, but you dont allow them to smoke in your car i often get beating for this
Old 6th July 2009, 18:46   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
you will park it yourself and not let the valet park
Spot on. Its worse if you drive a cheap hatch because people stare and think you don't know what valet parking is .
Old 13th July 2009, 22:23   #148
BHPian

In Premier Padmini, compared to new age cars, the gear changing is a bit hard. I have seen hotel employees (big and small - there is no difference)
just press hard at the gear lever to an extent that my heart will break.
Always, hence I do the parking myself and tell them the car is not their cup of tea. They stare but I don't care.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:22   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
The valet hates you because you never let him park the car and so he misses out on the tip
Well, I thought I was crazy since I would never let the valet park my car. Glad to see lots of people here share the same sentiment
Just cannot see them abuse my vehicle in front of me
Old 18th July 2009, 03:56   #150
BHPian

THe way you go bonkers when you go for a test ride and the sales rep goes on and on about absolute ***p when he decides to explain the features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks