Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 09:30   #1
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine

The Ice setup of my fiesta is almost complete, the Following is my setup

HU - JVC AVX800
AMP - JBL GTO1004
SUB - JBL CS1205 in sealed Box made to dimensions as per Nitrous
Front Components - Infinity Kappa 680.9cs (5X7)
RCA's - Scosche efx
Power cable - 8 guage (I think it's L&T)

The setup was done in stages. First I got the HU, then the Amp & Sub and the components were brought down from US and were installed 2 days back.A BIG thanks to Nitrous without whom it would not have been possible. I had disturbed him a lot. 1 whole day for buying the stuff. The setup was done by a person named Kannan from GP Road.

I simply love this setup, I'm using component speakers for the first time. I'm simply amazed by the SQ. Further i'm planning to bring down another Infinity Kappa 680.9cs OR Infinity Kappa 682.9cf for the rear and the Ipod adapter for the JVC. Looking forward for your suggestions and comments.

Few pics from the install

The HU
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-04102008885.jpg
The infinity speakers
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-21112008964.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-24112008969.jpg
The stock speaker Vs Infinity
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-24112008972.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-24112008970.jpg
The stock tweeter vs Infinity
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-24112008966.jpg
The Front components in stock location
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-24112008968.jpg
The Amp & Sub
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0™ - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-26112008975.jpg
Old 26th November 2008, 10:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

OE speakers are 5x7 too and position that high?

Those speaker wires look monstrous. Why didnt you do damping?

Nitrous the man for ICE
Old 26th November 2008, 10:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

please mention the prices !!

thanks
Old 26th November 2008, 11:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

wow! congrats on your set-up.. am sure the infi comps would be sounding excellent!
Old 26th November 2008, 12:04   #5
BHPian

Great setup, i am eagerly waiting for my install, how does the sub sound and what are the onlookers expression?
But wont you void your warranty after installing amp and sub and the rest setup?
please reply
Old 26th November 2008, 12:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

damping will do wonders for your car. im still astounded. how does such a big driver(midbass of the stock as well as the infinity) fit in the stock location of the door? is it advisable to mount such heavy drivers in a door?
but anyways good install. think over the damping part.
hows the 1004? how much did the kappa components cost? dont you think that a good amp like this can complement an even better sub(say a hertz or a ground zero)
Old 26th November 2008, 12:36   #7
BHPian

Thanks all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats

OE speakers are 5x7 too and position that high?

Those speaker wires look monstrous. Why didnt you do damping?

Nitrous the man for ICE
I dont feel the need for damping except for the rear number plates, Yes the OE is 5X7, and that's the reason for sourcing them from US

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
please mention the prices !!

thanks
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1068741

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
wow! congrats on your set-up.. am sure the infi comps would be sounding excellent!
Yeah, they sound awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidaford View Post
Great setup, i am eagerly waiting for my install, how does the sub sound and what are the onlookers expression?
But wont you void your warranty after installing amp and sub and the rest setup?
please reply
The sub sounds neat inside, from the outside one can hear the number plates vibrating like crazy, rest are all fine. I have not had any veiws after i installed the comps

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
damping will do wonders for your car. im still astounded. how does such a big driver(midbass of the stock as well as the infinity) fit in the stock location of the door? is it advisable to mount such heavy drivers in a door?
but anyways good install. think over the damping part.
hows the 1004? how much did the kappa components cost? dont you think that a good amp like this can complement an even better sub(say a hertz or a ground zero)
I'm not sure if my car needs damping, I'm waiting for someone to audition it. I was on a budget when i started, Now I'm already starting to think of changing the Sub

Last edited by sathee46 : 26th November 2008 at 12:45.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:12   #8
BHPian

wow Sathee.cool setup.Hows the JVC head unit?I am also waiting for new setup.Enjou ur setup.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:23   #9
BHPian

Hey Sathee, Venkat here. Nice setup man. Saw the pics only now after you told me it was in the ICE section. Having heard and felt your audio system today at the meet, I must say it was awesome. As and when I get my car, I shall take advice from you on what to get and where to fit for the ICE

Nice car too and lovely colour. Enjoy and congrats on the setup.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 1st December 2008, 07:05   #10
BHPian

Congrats sathee! Good install.
Fix the number plate and go for some damping. It will certainly improve further.
Rear is still stock?
Old 1st December 2008, 11:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice setup, I too have the AVX800 in my Civic. Why don't you get a monoblock (maybe GTO3501) for the sub and use the GTO1004 for the front and rear speakers. If you are planning to get a new sub, go for a 2ohm impedence one so that you extract the max from the monoblock.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
wow Sathee.cool setup.Hows the JVC head unit?I am also waiting for new setup.Enjou ur setup.
Thanks, the hu is really good. It has quite a lot of options on it. When are you starting your setup? I suggest you too go for something similar to compliment your already amazing ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hey Sathee, Venkat here. Nice setup man. Saw the pics only now after you told me it was in the ICE section. Having heard and felt your audio system today at the meet, I must say it was awesome. As and when I get my car, I shall take advice from you on what to get and where to fit for the ICE

Nice car too and lovely colour. Enjoy and congrats on the setup.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Thanks venkat! Dont worry There are gurus like nitrous in here who would help you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Congrats sathee! Good install.
Fix the number plate and go for some damping. It will certainly improve further.
Rear is still stock?
I'm now starting to feel the need for damping. Ya the rear is stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Nice setup, I too have the AVX800 in my Civic. Why don't you get a monoblock (maybe GTO3501) for the sub and use the GTO1004 for the front and rear speakers. If you are planning to get a new sub, go for a 2ohm impedence one so that you extract the max from the monoblock.
Thanks dinu. Your setup was kind of an inspiration to me. Plans for upgrading are already there in my mind, but i'll have to do it in a phased manner.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the install buddy.

What are the phased upgrades in Mind ?

ICE bug bit you , it appears.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:50   #14
BHPian

well these are the ones in my mind right now,
1 damping
2 another set of components & the ipod adapter for jvc
3 mono block
4 a better sub if needed
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

what rms is the sub

I would advice to get a rear fills maybe from infinity itself than a pair of components from the rear.
Personally dont like treble from the back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks