Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 11:22   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Checked and should be ok I guess. Will slow down as soon as I exit the tunnel looking for a car with blinkers on. What is your drive and its color? I will be driving a Champagne Gold Corolla, KA-05 registered.
Nainar
MX6 has a maroon colored Ford Ikon.

As you exit the new Katraj Tunnel (on the bypass road) travel around 1.3 km from the endpoint of the tunnel and you will be at the meeting point. The image is below.

Name:  NH4_meetingPoint.png
Views: 1937
Size:  761.4 KB

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 24th September 2010 at 11:23.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:37   #362
Senior - BHPian

This drive meet is going to be multi-city meet.

Enthusiastic from five cities are meeting at sixth city for common interest.

As of now, i actually don't know the exact count from different cities but i hope, there are more than 50 individuals in 20 cars who are meeting tomorrow.

Guys and gals from Mumbai, Bangaluru, Delhi, Pune and 12mati, get ready for mega-meet at Satara.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th September 2010 at 11:39.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:45   #363
BHPian

Hotel Details

Hi,

I just got a pm from rudrah, he informed that the accomodations in satara were a bit of a problem as mst of the good otels are full.

below is a list of hotels that could be tried.

Hotel Mahendra Executive, Tel : 02162 245100, 245555, 247100. [COLOR=#0000ff]contact@mahendraexecutive.com[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#810081]www.mahendraexecutive.com[/COLOR]

Hotel Rajtara +(91)-(2162)-232116, 233489, 226325
www.hotelrajtara.com

Hotel Sagar Deluxe
02162 228332, 02162 228331

Hotel Aakar International
02162 236081, 02162 236082

Hope that you will get a reservation on one of these hotels.

Cheers

Turboholic
Old 24th September 2010, 12:59   #364
BHPian

anyone staying at Hotel Mahendra or hotel Maharaja ....?
Old 24th September 2010, 13:11   #365
Senior - BHPian

25th??

Serves me right for not keeping in touch..... One more kalti to be added....

Might have as well stayed at Satara and extended my leave!

Wow! So much happening in the last couple of weeks!! Bengy appas, Pune Peshwas....

Have to hand it to you guys - did a certain rajababu influence in the postponement of the verdict..?

Got back to Pune - on and with the car thinking that the trip will be on 26th (all its problems appear to be solved - those details are in another thread). Had roped in a couple of my friends also - can't take leave on 25th and I don't think they can either. So not only I get to miss the trip, but also meeting you all....

Hope you have a great time. Ideal time to visit the plateau would be in the morning....

Here's something for you all -

Sakaal Times

Think some member wrote on the lines of 'save kaas' earlier...

A small tip for Bengy boys - 'Speed' petrol in Maharashtra costs as much as normal petrol in Karnataka. So tank up at Kolhapur on your return - not for the money, but for the couple of litres of fuel each one of you can save. Note that Konduskar BP bunk just after you cross Kolhapur is the best, but downside being they sell only speed.

And two cents for Mumbai guys - Buy a return trip ticket at the toll booth if you are returning on the same day - it is cheaper. They have hiked the fee from Rs. 45.00 to Rs. 52.00, but the road is slightly worse for the wear after the rains. Felt bumpy.

Happy (and safe) driving all...... will look forward for all the pictures!

PS - If anyone stays behind on 26th, probably we can meet...
Old 24th September 2010, 13:33   #366
BHPian

Guys please let me know if anyone from Pune traveling alone. I would like to join rather than traveling solo in my car.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:44   #367
BHPian

Just called Hotel Mahendra and there are no room available for next 3 days. Hence staying back at Hotel Maharaja ( as suggested by AP, a good hotel)

Will catch with you all at Mahendra, 09:30AM
Old 24th September 2010, 13:50   #368
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Checked and should be ok I guess. Will slow down as soon as I exit the tunnel looking for a car with blinkers on. What is your drive and its color? I will be driving a Champagne Gold Corolla, KA-05 registered.

Nainar
You can miss this!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-machine.jpg

Yes. This was taken on the way back from Kaas to Satara last Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
This drive meet is going to be multi-city meet.

Enthusiastic from five cities are meeting at sixth city for common interest.

As of now, i actually don't know the exact count from different cities but i hope, there are more than 50 individuals in 20 cars who are meeting tomorrow.

Guys and gals from Mumbai, Bangaluru, Delhi, Pune and 12mati, get ready for mega-meet at Satara.
Yes. We don't know the exact count. But let's take a while personalising there in Satara. Getting mobile signal in parts of Kaas is like searching for cleanliness in CWG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
@AP. Here's the KALTI KING. VRP deserves the title of Kalti King. He shall lead the rest of Kalti Runks as he is Kalti Raja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Just called Hotel Mahendra and there are no room available for next 3 days. Hence staying back at Hotel Maharaja ( as suggested by AP, a good hotel)

Will catch with you all at Mahendra, 09:30AM
Yes. Hope you got my PM earlier. Stay put in what ever acco you got.

Let's get cracking guys.

P.S. I'd be wearing black to mourn the slaughter of 7 elephants including 3 females and 3 calves earlier in Assam by a speeding train.

Last edited by MX6 : 24th September 2010 at 13:55.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:00   #369
BHPian

Best Route (Satara - Mahabaleshwar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Following is the confirmed list of Bombay Bombers:
1. Issigonis
2. f1fan
3. gostel
4. Bolbolero
5. Xehaust + Friends

Tentative:
1. Parimal_g

Dropping out:
1. DKhatau

Pls note that we will be leaving McD's by 5:30 AM sharp, hence would request all bombers to be there maybe 5-10 min earlier to that. We would be parking by the side of the highway with blinking blinkers i.e. hazard lights on.

Anyone else from Mumbai, planning on joining, kindly update the thread and PM me/issigonis his cell number.
+1 Confirmed. Have already PMed you my number & spoken to Issigonis.

On another note, am planning to go straight to Mahabaleshwar after the meet. Am planning to leave with the Bombay Bombers (i.e. 5pm) on the way back to Mumbai & head to Mahabaleshwar instead.

Now, there are two routes from Satara to Mahabaleshwar:
1 - Satara Road all the way
2 - NH4 heading North, then a left & following Sartare Village (Vairat Fort) road.
Have added the route maps below.

People who have travelled, please let me know which would be the better route (Satara to Mahabaleshwar) & how long will it take as i want to reach Mahabaleshwar before dark. (Better Roads & keeping in mind im not that used to highway driving + problem free areas (MOST IMP.) (have read about highway horror stories on BHP))
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-route-1.jpg

2 - NH4 heading North, then a left & following Sartare Village (Vairat Fort) road.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-route-2.jpg

People who have travelled, please let me know which would be the better route (Satara to Mahabaleshwar) & how long will it take as i want to reach Mahabaleshwar before dark. (Better Roads & keeping in mind im not that used to highway driving + problem free areas (MOST IMP.) (have read about highway horror stories on BHP))

Last edited by Xehaust : 24th September 2010 at 14:16. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 24th September 2010, 14:17   #370
BHPian

People who have travelled, please let me know which would be the better route (Satara to Mahabaleshwar) & how long will it take as i want to reach Mahabaleshwar before dark.

No idea about the Second Route, but the Route from Satara- Panchwad- Mahabaleshwar is very good, in fact you will love the ghat Sections.There is a junction on NH4 from there you will have to take Right for the Mahabaleshwar.

Checkthe below Link

Satara, Maharashtra 415001 to Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra - Google Maps
Old 24th September 2010, 14:45   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post

- can't take leave on 25th and I don't think they can either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Here's the KALTI KING. VRP deserves the title of Kalti King. He shall lead the rest of Kalti Runks as he is Kalti Raja.

P.S. I'd be wearing black to mourn the slaughter of 7 elephants including 3 females and 3 calves earlier in Assam by a speeding train.

@kya vrp,

look, mx6 has given you crown of.......raja. congratulations.[ zakma pe namak].

Try something new bahana at office and come to kaas tomorrow please...sweet pleaaase.

@mx6,

[b]black cat commando ban ke aa raha kya?[/B]
Then i will be in politician pure white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Now, there are two routes from Satara to Mahabaleshwar:
Go by satara-medha-mahabaleshwar route.
someone posted it as good road.

If anyone coming from pune has spare volume in his car, please accommodate Amit-3306.

@everyone,
if you don't have team-bhp sticker, just take printout of team-bhp+ your handle and stick the print inside of front and back windscreen of your car.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th September 2010 at 15:01.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:55   #372
BHPian

Quote:
@kya vrp,

Try something new bahana at office and come to kaas tomorrow please...sweet pleaaase.
+1 to that.
Prabhu mam, tumhi ashi keleri kashi? Give some reason at office and join us.

Mx6/AP:On the flip side, VRP might be joining us tomorrow and just fooling us with the kalti piece.

What say Prabhu mam?
Old 24th September 2010, 14:59   #373
BHPian

Guys,

I tried couple of hotels which were looking decent but they were full. Didn't tried any other cheap ones as i've family and kids below 3 years so didnt wanted to take the risk.

Hence now opted to go to Mahabaleshwar first tommorow and then may be on Monday while exiting, will visit Kaas.

Sorry guys, i did wanted to join this meet but with the unavailability of good hotels i'm skipping it.

Hope to see you all next time. Ashish P and others, thanks for your support too!

Have a great meet out
Old 24th September 2010, 15:11   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@kya vrp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
+1 to that.
Prabhu mam, tumhi ashi keleri kashi? Give some reason at office and join us.

Mx6/AP:On the flip side, VRP might be joining us tomorrow and just fooling us with the kalti piece.

What say Prabhu mam?
At least I am king of something....

To be frank, I am eager to join, but the group which I formed can make it only on 26th. I had even got the bike fully serviced - even wife doesn't want me to miss the trip, even if she can't make it, but I am unable to go back on the word I gave to my friends. We are leaving on 26th morning at 5.30 AM and plan to complete the visit to the plateau by 10.00 AM before the crowds come in.

BTW, Satara has its own brand of pedha - 'kandhi pedha' - do try it out. There is a shop opposite to Bank of Maharashtra (on the main road) which is reputed to serve authentic stuff...

Bombay people please note that on our return on from Satara in the evening the toll booth at Khed Shivapur (before Katraj) is likely to be chaotic (habitual tipplers abound on this stretch on weekend nights) - take care.

Last edited by vrprabhu : 24th September 2010 at 15:12.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:14   #375
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@AP saab. Look look. Kalti Minister Rudrah! We'd published the hotel names over 2 months back and on a friday he searches for hotels in Kaas!

VRP. You have a minister now called Rudrah! (unless you make some bahana in office and come to kaas and transfer your crown to Rudrah).

What say ASHISH Bhau?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks