Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 13:54   #466
BHPian

@nomadabhi, it was a pleasure to meet you and your father. Sorry, I did not realize you had a better half too! Took some inspiration from your father and told wife: seems we could safely go at least another ten years. I thank your dad for taking a good picture of the two of us at Thosegar. Your photography is pretty good and you too a DSLR. Me too wants to own a DSLR; let's see when it happens.

@AP-bhau, I recognized you from your pervious avatar on tbhp. You have a lovely little family. I had a terrible tummy upset hence I was not really intersted in ingesting anything during the trip.

@issigonis, it was lovely meeting up with you. Again, your youth and enthusiasm was truly inspiring.

@sprucegoose and Xehaust it was nice meeting you guys at Khopoli. Xehaust hope you reached Mhaby safely.

@parimal_g, your coolant overflowing with zeal was a lesson for me on how to deal with such events.

@MX6, nice meeting you and hope to see more of you in future meets.

@anilisanil, I was naturally quite curious to see you.

@kailash, thanks for waiting for me during exit from Satara. Sorry that I drive too slow. Hope I did not hold you back too much.

There were too many faces and handles handed out to me in such quick succession, that I have managed to get many of them mixed up.

We reached back home at 1:00am. I eagerly look forward to future meets.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:55   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@vrp,
please find more about this shrivardhan beach and post details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Biju - there you go!! Atlast, there is something on which that both the greats / masters don't have info about - even though it is tiny
mx6, I thought you must have known about it. AP, I have inside info - so I have undue advantage!!
@VRP,
I never posted that i don't know anything about shrivardhan beach.

I am too lazy to type details of shrivardhan beach and handed that job to you.

Quote:
anilsanil---So what are the tentative dates? After Duserah?
I don't think anyone have time before Dec 2010 looking at festival season.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 27th September 2010 at 14:10.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:11   #468
BHPian

@AshishPallod: I have faith in your knowledge & choice of venues.
I'll go where the cars are going.
Went to Harihareshwar about 3 years ago & loved it. That's why i mentioned it.
But lets do something soon.
Pre - Diwali as i presume it'll be less crowded then.
And do a Friday night through Sunday morning types.

Hopefully i'll have a hair band by then!
Old 27th September 2010, 14:22   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Biju - there you go!! Atlast, there is something on which that both the greats / masters don't have info about - even though it is tiny
Yes. So it is you and I who are the masters because I too have stayed at the Shrivardhan beach. We stayed at a place that was bang on the beach. In fact, i had to drive my car on the beach to get to this resort.

During the high tide, the water was almost at the gate of the resort. However, the beach had a lot of dead fish. But my son had whale of a time chasing his mother around the beach with a couple of dead mackerels in his hands.

I had put up a travelogue then - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ion-beach.html

If one wants to spend time on the beach, then my vote goes to Dive Agar.

-Biju

p.s. I think it is time to move these to a new thread.

Last edited by pjbiju : 27th September 2010 at 14:29.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:38   #470
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@VRP. I knew all these already about Srivardhan. Remember, I crossed srivardhan from Harihareshwar to Diveagar. I didn't stop because of my leg.

@Nomad. Here's good news. Looking at that photo, it is not that entrance. The one I saw was narrower than this and down slope too. So there's still hope.

Anyway, I don't risk driving my vehicle on any salty surface for the fear of rust. So I don't mind walking across the barricaded place.

Somehow I felt that Exotica is overpriced at 2.5 times Harihareshwar resorts.

Anyway, I was just discussing with my folks about Sringeri drive and as usual they have started with a no - not with your leg, we'll do it in dec kind of statements.

And those are the most motivating words for me to start on a long drive. So Sringeri drive looks certain in Oct. So I will have to think of Early nov for Harihareshwar/ srivardhan/ diveagar.

But that would clash with my Tadoba Andhari plans.

Now who wants to meet up at the Tiger reserve in Nov?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:48   #471
BHPian

@ IQBAL VEERJI, sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May her soul rest in peace. Our prayers are with you.

Back to work on a Monday morning, what a drag!

A wonderful Saturday spent in Satara district, visiting Thoseghar, Chalkewadi and Kaas. A very big thank you to StarVegabondfor conceptualising this meet and Ashish Pallod and Turboholic for making it a reality!

This was the first T-Bhp drive and meet that I was attending and I must say I had a wonderful time. It was a pleasure meeting all you folks along with your families. Would just like to clarify to all; This is the first time I was using a DSLR ever. It was lent to me by a friend, who was supposed to accompany me, but could not make it due to some family commitments. (Yes MX6, he is both great and crazy!) So the quality of snaps from my side may not be up to the mark, so please forgive me! Some of the P & S photos by the others at the meet are really awesome.

@Ashish Pallod, thank you for the wonderful organisation. It was a pleasure meeting you sir. Lunch was not sorely missed. Though it would have been nice if all the folks could have sat together and got introduced to each other properly. This should be rectified as soon as possible. And that means another T-Bhp drive and meet, organised and conceptualised by you ofcourse!

@Turboholic, you rock! You are the man. Was great meeting you. Thanks for taking care of everyone. I lost count of the number of times you went back and forth to make sure that everyone was alright. Truly a Superman or should I say a Super Shepherd taking care of his flock!

@MX6, finally got to meet you in person and put a face to the handle. It was a pleasure sir. Would have loved to spend more time with you. Will rectify that soon. Do drop me a line if and when you are in Bombay. We will surely meet up. OT: Good to know that you have lost your domicile identity. Being an Indian should suffice!

@Khoj, it was a pleasure meeting you. Great that you came all the way from Delhi to attend this meet. Hope we get to meet again soon!

@laluks, was a pleasure making your acquaintance. Would have loved to hear about your Ladakh sojourn. Alas time did not permit. Awaiting the snaps that you clicked in the early morning light!

@anilisanil, pjbiju, amit_3306, was a pleasure meeting all of you. Hope to meet up soon.

@Anainar, was a pleasure meeting you sir. Great that you made it all the way from Bangalore for the meet. Hope you have a great time on the rest of your vacation.

@f1fan, Prashant it was great meeting you and your family. My regards to them. Lets meet up soon in Bombay sometime.

@kailashnj, like you said, you were the first T-Bhpian I met on Saturday. It was a pleasure. My son Aditya liked your Punto the best among all the cars at the meet and he made sure that everywhere we drove he could see it around. He was a bit upset when you headed off to Sajjangadh, but got over it when he saw the Punto again on the way to Chalkewadi! Regards to your family.

@Issigonis, Dada, it was great meeting you again and finally getting to see the Jetta. Would have to say it was the most photographed car at this meet! We will catch up soon.

@Gostel, Anil sir it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife Geeta Madam. Sorry could not spend more time with you. Hope to rectify that soon.

@Sprucegoose, Shekhar it was wonderful meeting you again. Just realised that the world is really a very small place and the adage "Six Degrees of Separation" is so true! Lets catch up!

@Xehaust, Gagan it was a pleasure meeting you and your girlfriend. (Sorry I forget her name, Old age is catching up!) Your enthusiasm was very infectious. BTW I am not as old as I look and I strongly believe you are not as young as you look! Hope you both had a wonderful time at Mahabaleshwar!

@Parimal-g, was great meeting you. Your Palio sure does move my man. I'm sure if the coolant incident had not occurred, you would have probably been the first to reach Satara. Lets catch up sometime soon, before we get upgraded, if you know what I mean!

@Nomadabhi, It was a pleasure meeting you buddy. You sure have clicked some wonderful snaps my friend. FujifilmFinepix Rocks! Lets catch up in Bombay soon, maybe with your RD. As of now I actually don't do offroading as I don't own a 4WD vehicle, but I attend offroading events with other T-Bhpians. Wish to rectify that soon, by getting a 4x4! Keeping my fingers crossed for that. Aditya's offroading collection goes with him everywhere, except to school!

@StarVegabond, My misfortune I could not meet you sir. Hope to rectify that at some meet in the future.

Once again, it was a pleasure meeting with so many Team-Bhpians. I apologise if I have missed out anyone.

A group photo taken at the Umrodi Dam view point.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-065.jpg

Sorry MX6, anilisanil, you two had already moved on towards Kaas before the others arrived!

More photos to follow soon.

Last edited by BolBolero : 27th September 2010 at 14:51.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:48   #472
BHPian

[quote=parimal_g;2084888]And the best drive was from 1st Toll till where we stopped for the ciggy for you and, then there was coolant flood from my car , thank god nothing serious happended.and yes the water cools engine better than coolant, Also the Khambataki Ghat sections was fun, except the white Ritz, was getting in way.Amit was bit scared i think.
Yes harihareshwar is also very good place, was there in June, and we had bike trip. And MTDC resort location is also very good, unfortunately it was full when we went there. Find link for the Harihareshwar trip.
Picasa Web Albums - PARIMAL - Harihareshwar#

How about starting a new thread for harihareshwar meet.[/quote

@Parimal: hahaha..yes a littele bit ..nevertheless it was fun. And thanks a ton for taking us to Satara.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:54   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

When exactly in November are you planning this?
Old 27th September 2010, 15:01   #474
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Yes, we quite missed the group photo. Anyway, there ae many photos I grabbed of all of you guys in Kaas. Later Khoj and I were talking and realised that we missed taking photos of Laluks, SVB and family.

I'm squinting my eyes hard, but I don't see them in your group photo as well.

And regarding Tadoba, I intend to do it after checking with Extreme_Torque and Abheekg. Tentatively around the 6th and 7th of Nov.

Finally, you missed mentioning one of the most affable characters ever - called as Laluks. He was there too.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:24   #475
Senior - BHPian

A few more pictures

A few more pictures from my mobile.

Rangoli at Sajjangad
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-rangoli_at_sajjangad.jpg

Spot the Star Contest. You can see Laluks looking around for something to shoot. And Anainar is there too.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-star_spotting.jpg

Pink Blooms
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-pink_blooms.jpg

Wall Painting at Sajjangad
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-painting_at_sajjangad.jpg

Laluks helping Star to park. Star managed to park his city leaving about 1mm of gap on the sides.
Name:  parking_tricks.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  133.6 KB

See what the artist in you can do to you. Gostel trying to capture the beauty of the blooms.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-gostel_in_action.jpg

NomadAbhi and his dad climbing the steps at Sajjangad
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-up_the_steps.jpg

A water color painting by the creator
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-canvas_of_the_creator.jpg

-Biju

Can we put names to people in the group photo by BolBolero?

Last edited by pjbiju : 27th September 2010 at 15:25.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:25   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, we quite missed the group photo. Anyway, there ae many photos I grabbed of all of you guys in Kaas. Later Khoj and I were talking and realised that we missed taking photos of Laluks, SVB and family.

I'm squinting my eyes hard, but I don't see them in your group photo as well.

And regarding Tadoba, I intend to do it after checking with Extreme_Torque and Abheekg. Tentatively around the 6th and 7th of Nov.

Finally, you missed mentioning one of the most affable characters ever - called as Laluks. He was there too.
By the time this photo was taken, I presume Laluks and SVB had already left for Bangalore.
I am sure I mentioned Laluks, as I did meet him, albeit a very short meeting it was!

6th and 7th is bang in the middle of Diwali. Let me check and see if it is ok with the family? Are you planning to drive down?
Old 27th September 2010, 15:32   #477
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
When exactly in November are you planning this?
Quote:
If you are going between 8th -10th Nov, then I am game. My kids have vacation till 10th and I am looking out for places to go during those three days vacation.

Last edited by f1fan : 27th September 2010 at 15:33.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:42   #478
BHPian

Trying to put names to the faces.

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-065.jpg

From L to R:
Issigonis, Parimal-g, Xehaust's girlfriend and Xehaust, pjbiju in front, Turboholic behind, f1fan and family, Nomadabhi and Khoj behind, Arthi and Aditya (my wife and son) in front, BolBolero in front, kailashnj behind, Sprucegoose in front, Anainar behind, Amit_3306 behind, Ashish Pallods daughter, forgot the gentleman's name in front of Amit, Nomadabhi's father behind, Ashish Pallod Junior in front, Gostel and Mrs Gostel (Geeta), The one and only Ashish Pallod and Mrs. Pallod.

Hope I got this right!

Last edited by BolBolero : 27th September 2010 at 15:43.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:45   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I will be off to gangtok during that week so i dont think i can make it
Old 27th September 2010, 15:49   #480
BHPian

Iqbal Veeriji - Sorry to hear about your mother. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May her soul rest in peace.

Guys Excellent photographs.

I was at Kaas on 25th 11.30am - 4.00PM. My trip was finalised at the last moment on 24th & was accompanying a friend from the Forest Department, hence was busy with him. We were supposed to go to Bamanoli also but due to short of time returned back to Pune. I missed meeting you guys.

There was a white coloured Aria going around at Kaas did you all see that? The gentleman driving the Aria said when I was showing the car to a Friend that "Man can manufacture a car but cannot reproduce Nature's beauty".

Kaas was awesome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks