Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 11:10   #586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Whoa! I havnt even posted my pictures & the next meet discussion has already started

Well, before it takes off, ill just go ahead & add my pictures to this thread

Before we begin, i forgot to add in the previous post that it was great meeting you guys again (Shekhar & Indroneel). Mustve been too exhausted while replying to the posts. My Apologies to both of you.
>>> Xehaust,

Superb photographs and attention to detail. My favourites are Heavenly Horizon, Rays of Hope and 'bewildering sight' - the rich bronze/auburn shade is stunning.

You even managed to capture the logo in the Brute!
No apologies please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Friends,
>>>SV,

Outstanding trailer- my favourites include the Yellow Fellow and the Pink Lady. Awaiting your pics over the weekend.

Regards. drive safe
Old 1st October 2010, 17:16   #587
BHPian

Xehaust , awesome snaps, have you edited these using any software..?

Post Kaas meet (taking off from MX6's to be confirmed Thane visit).

Date : 9th October Saturday
Type of meet : Discussions & dinner (7 pm till 10 pm?)
Venue : To be decided by the gourmet gurus* (Thane, Bombay, ?)

Bombay Bombers - participants:

1. issigonis
2. Kailashnj
3. Parimal

Please paste and add.

P.S. : * khoj has recommended a place - let the gourmet gurus (khoj included) decide

We should go the place recommended by Khoj.
Old 1st October 2010, 17:49   #588
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here's a dampener guys. If its dinner that day I can't make it. I have to send off my parents same night from pune (they travel more than me). So even if I manage to come to Mumbai on 9th Oct, I should be back in by evening in Pune.

But you guys go ahead with a nice dinner and drive. I'll just make do with HVK's book collection and catching up with some members who are free.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:42   #589
BHPian

@Xehaust,
Lovely snaps buddy. Quite the photographer with an eye for details, that most wouldn't really notice. The captions do full justice to the snaps.

@All
Type of meet : Discussions & dinner or Lunch?
1. issigonis
2. Kailashnj
3. Parimal
4. BolBolero

Please paste and add.

Legends of Punjab sounds interesting. There was a write up in the Indian Express or ET (I'm not sure which) just today.

@Khoj, your wish is our command sir, LOP (To be read as Legend of Punjab and not Loins of Punjab) it is!

@MX6, Saar not fair. Where would you be meeting HVK, Thane or Mumbai? I'll try to see if I can make it.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:57   #590
Senior - BHPian

@Xehaust: awesome photographs man !! Looking forward to meeting you again..

Okay, here goes:

Type of meet : Discussions & dinner or Lunch?
1. issigonis
2. Kailashnj
3. Parimal
4. BolBolero
5. SuperSelect .. (NOT screaming and kicking )
Old 1st October 2010, 23:37   #591
BHPian

This is how we rocked!

I know I am Late, better late than never.

I decided to attend the Kaas drive meet the moment I saw this thread. I thought that it would be a nice occasion to go for a drive with fellow BHPians in my own back yard. Getting a leave was a big problem for me. Eventually as there was a function at home on 27th I managed to club the leave with it. I thought that my Baleno would also comeback from the garage by then, but that was not to happen.

I reached Satara on Friday night itself as I had to come on my shogun for the meet. Reached Hotel Mahendra Executive at 9:30 am AP standard Time, I thought that all the people must have reached there but found none. I saw a Corolla with the Team BHP Stickers (Jaan me jaan aagayee!). Inside the coffee shop I met Anainar, introduced myself and we instantly hit it off. After sometime AP Bhau walked in with his family and Nomadabhi was there with his father. Soon most of the others arrived and finally the meet was on. Some of the Bombay bombers were stuck on the road due to a breakdown. F1fan, Pjbiju, Nomadabhi, AP bhau, MX6, anilsanil, Khoj, Bolbolero and me decided what route was to be taken for the day. After some time Issigonis, Spucegoose, amit 3306, parimal g, Xehaust arrived, by this time most of the gang had finished breakfast. AP bhau decided that we would divide into two groups and the first group led by AP bhau himself would leave ahead and I would get the rest after their breakfast. At 11:30 (We were supposed to leave at 10:00) I left the hotel with the gang and we were on our way in a convoy. I could only see that Bolbolero and Issigonis were following me, there was heavy traffic and I decided to wait and see if every one was there. Sprucegoose had managed to lose his way in the city and I was informed that he was somewhere close to the city police station. Amit3306 and me went in search of Spurcegoose to the police station or there about. He was no where to be found, finally we got his number from Issigonis and called him up. The conversation is as follows:

Amit3306: Hello where are you? We are there near the city police station.
Sprucegoose: I am on this road here and I am going towards the tunnel.
Amit3306: Wait a moment speak with Turbo. (hands over the phone to me).
Me: Yeah, where are you?
Sprucegoose: I am in this gully and I will take a left and go straight and then I will reach the tunnel. (I was as confused as anyone reading this)
Me: Ok you reach the tunnel and wait for us on the other side of the tunnel.

Finally we reach the tunnel and wait, Sprucegoose comes after sometime and there is a photo session there. I get a call from AP and he informs me that he is at Sajjangad. From here we head towards Chalkewadi wind mills site. We wait a couple of times to regroup and are just a couple of kilometers from Chalkewadi when my bike heats up due the fast riding in the ghats. I park the bike and hitch a ride with Sprucegoose and amit3306 in their car we reach our first destination Chalkewadi windmills site.

To be continued …

I am not that good at write ups, and very slow in typing. I have to update another thread regarding my Baleno http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ar-baleno.html so my write up will be completed in 2 or 3 sessions.

Cheers!

Turboholic
Old 2nd October 2010, 08:49   #592
BHPian

Amazing snaps guys. Really regret missing out on this trip ..
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:41   #593
Senior - BHPian

Hi Firends,

I would ofcourse love to read the experiences of fellow travellers to Kaas, view pictures etc, but i feel that the thread is moving toward off topics. I thank Turboholic for bringing focus back on the Kaas experience, by posting his story about Kaas, i hope he will continue to share his experience.

i am in dual mind, i need to decide

1. whether to post the pictures and further details here in this thread
2. start a new travelogue thread

this is because

a. i see this thread is going towards the post Kaas meet discussions, quick meets, discussion on lunch/dinners, rock and book collections, next drive meets (shringeri,tadoba, konkan etc). I would love such discussions, like the buzz and passion for such activity, but i feel it is off topic for the subject of this thread. I feel if majority of the people are inclined towards such discussion, it is better to leave this thread for such discussion only.

b. several of my known people (extended family, friends, colleagues and even some of business associates) are interested to know more about Kaas and my drive trip experience there. i feel a seperate Travelogue thread would help them.

c. even for our own memories, a continuous read would be better than trying to search for the next relevent post in a 45+ page (already)thread.

what do you say ?

Last edited by StarVegabond : 2nd October 2010 at 09:48.
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:59   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some of business associates are interested to know more about Kaas and my drive trip experience there. i feel a seperate Travelogue thread would help them.

what do you say ?
In your earlier threads, we came to know about business trip with addition of pleasure as masala.
Now, your new thread should be titled as business through pleasure trip.

Go ahead buddy, start a new thread, we are waiting.
Old 2nd October 2010, 10:17   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Firends,

what do you say ?
There comes the boss, I totally agree. Thanks to Turboholic for bringing the focus back to Kaas drive experience. BTW, SVB, for some one so focused, how did you miss the turn in Dobbspet route? I thought you can drive blindfolded in that route.

Yes, the stickers does help. I noticed AnilSanil's Figo parked next to me, greeted him as well, when I was parking, just as another fellow road warrior rather than BHPian. Was looking around and did not find any one. A young couple walked in and was in two minds whether to go accost them or not, then walked in Turbo with the same kind of look I had when I walked into the restaurant. And he had no doubt and asked me immediately, are you from TBHP. We shared stories of his accident, coffee and being a local Satara boy, had tonnes of information. Then walked in AP. Him we could recognize immediately, even though he was without his sunglasses. And then Nomad and we are on track with the discussions keeping ourselves busy.

Of the cars, I liked Anilsanils Figo and Jetta. Figo is looker in black Jetta looks stunning in that meroon color. And it was spanking clean. Either Issignosis loves his car so much that he cleans it every hour or the car has a dust repellent paint. My Corolla is like a dust magnet.

I was supposed to be going with Sauvik to Leh/Ladakh this month, but had to drop off because of situations not in my contro( flood at Leh and my present employer being bought over l. But this TBHP meet made up for that and I really enjoyed it. Leh/Ladakh is in the pipeline for June 2011. Let us see.

I could not make the Divegar trip also this week as I planned, thanks to tension over Ayodya verdict due. It messed up our earlier plan last week and messed up this week plan also.

Am off to Bangalore tomorrow early morning. It was nice knowing every one and if the meets are organized in such places, they make it a lot more enjoyable.

Nainar

Last edited by anainar : 2nd October 2010 at 10:20.
Old 2nd October 2010, 10:18   #596
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never! A few from my side!

The odd one out:

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04207.jpg

Man and nature!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04209.jpg

More of man towards more of nature!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04214.jpg

And then nature opens up!!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04215.jpg

The finer aspects....
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04220.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04221.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04222.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04223.jpg

We hear light travels faster than sound, but in this case we heard the sounds of gushing water first and then saw this!!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04225.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04229.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04242.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04244.jpg

These ferns grew out of stone! Literally!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042512028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042552028129.jpg

On the way to Kaas!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042562028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042572028129.jpg

The kaas lake!

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04258.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042612028129.jpg

And then there are things beyond words!

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04262.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04263.jpg

Name:  DSC04264.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  166.6 KB

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042652028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042672028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042682028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042692028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042702028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042712028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042742028129.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc04277.jpg

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc042792028129.jpg
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:04   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
In your earlier threads, we came to know about business trip with addition of pleasure as masala.
Now, your new thread should be titled as business through pleasure trip.

Go ahead buddy, start a new thread, we are waiting.
Here is my new thread.. hopefully i won't be of disappointment.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...smiri-way.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
There comes the boss, I totally agree. Thanks to Turboholic for bringing the focus back to Kaas drive experience. BTW, SVB, for some one so focused, how did you miss the turn in Dobbspet route? I thought you can drive blindfolded in that route.
even i am still perplexed how did it happen.

Actually this was a pre-scheduled conference call lasting couple of hours. Due to the twist in the Kahani and we preponed our journey, i could not post pone this call as it involved some senior guys from our company. So i told them that i would join the call while on the road, i sent the revent slideset and joined the call at 1.50 PM. i only realized that we are near Gauri bidanur once the call ended some time after 3 PM.
Old 2nd October 2010, 15:07   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Legends of Punjab sounds interesting. There was a write up in the Indian Express or ET (I'm not sure which) just today.

@Khoj, your wish is our command sir, LOP (To be read as Legend of Punjab and not Loins of Punjab) it is!

@MX6, Saar not fair. Where would you be meeting HVK, Thane or Mumbai? I'll try to see if I can make it.
Thanks BolBolero for your kind words and helping me climb on the 'Chane ka jhaad'. Oh! you are still buying me those 'alu de paranthe'

BTW the eatery is called 'Legacy of Punjab'. Reread the name last evening and this should help in avoiding any confusions later on.

On a serious note guys, I strongly recommend a lunch meet. The traffic on this highway in the evenings is simply frustrating. I was on the stretch last evening around 8ish and the truck traffic had increased exponentially from what it was when I drove out in the afternoon. The police check point conducting random DUI checks just before the Bhiwandi/Kalyan crossroads did its own bit to add to the jam and this is almost a regular feature in the evenings regardless of whether it is a dry day or a whatever day .

We could group up at Thane, meet with our visiting member MX6 and hvkumar and then take off for 'Legacy of Punjab' from there. Members from Kalyan and Dombivli could decide whether they wish to come to Thane or join straight at the LOP, of course the option to join straight at LOP is open to all who want a one stop meet. The early noon drive will be relaxing as will be the return drive late afternoon/early evening before the traffic builds up.

Post your opinions guys let us firm this up over the current weekend itself, so that we have something to look forward to through the coming week.

@anilsanil

Great snaps anil, You have a great camera and Kiran it seems has the knack of clicking the shutter quite proficiently. The landscapes shot from inside the Figo are amazing as are the snaps you guys have taken at Kaas. The Tohesagar ones are very refreshing in the sense that not only are they great but then no one has posted photos taken from the points and angles that you guys have clicked from

@turboholic

I am refreshing your Baleno thread like every hour on the hour. Come on man hurry up and take us forward from the tow truck episode.

Last edited by khoj : 2nd October 2010 at 15:21.
Old 2nd October 2010, 15:49   #599
BHPian

@anilisanil,
Lovely snaps buddy. Loved the ones of the Thoseghar, a different perspective. No offence but a small correction. That's not the Kaas lake but Urmodi Dam.
Please tell me that you have more pics and you will post them soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Better late than never! A few from my side!
The kaas lake!
Attachment 433148
@All,
I suggest we start a new thread for the proposed meet on the 9th. of October and keep this thread dedicated to the Kaas drive and meet. Anyone willing to do the honours?

@StarVegabond,
Sorry about going off topic on this thread, which as you rightly pointed out should be more or less dedicated to the Kaas meet. If you don't mind, it would be great if you could post some of your snaps of the Kaas trip on this thread also. This would help in keeping the continuity of the thread and have collection of photos taken by all, each having a different perspective.

@Khoj,
Alu Paranthe anytime sir. Will give you the strength to climb that "Chane Ka Jhaad"

Last edited by BolBolero : 2nd October 2010 at 16:02.
Old 2nd October 2010, 16:55   #600
Senior - BHPian

New thread started for Post Kaas meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@All,
I suggest we start a new thread for the proposed meet on the 9th. of October and keep this thread dedicated to the Kaas drive and meet. Anyone willing to do the honours?
Thread started here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...9-10-10-a.html

I have also added a poll regarding meet time viz lunch or dinner. So go ahead and add your confirmations and take your pick regarding the timing.

EDIT @all
Kindly hold your horses for a little while. Seems BolBolero and I started two different threads for the same meet at the same time. BolBolero is taking up with the mods for the two threads to be merged. Once that is done all can go ahead and add their confirmations.

Last edited by khoj : 2nd October 2010 at 17:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks