Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 10:16   #541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
That is awesome...

My guess is Sajjangad? and damn that would be wrong else you would have not asked that question.
You are right. That shot is from Sajjangad.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:32   #542
BHPian

Unfair mini meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Not fair dada...Next time if there is a mini-meet (in the suburbs) do buzz me.
. Actually I remembered Sprucegoose say during our dinner on the return journey to give him a buzz if I found myself near his place. On Monday 27th I happened to be there on work, and buzzed him and gostel. The meet and the eat ( which was wonderful by the way) just happened.

I'll give you a buzz whenever we have one of these impromptu meets. I am in regular touch with Sprucegoose, SuperSelect, BolBolero and a few others.

When is the next Kaas -like meet coming up? The photographs are ripping! We need a separate section for our photography buffs - actually these pics can be sent to the Leica sites.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 29th September 2010 at 11:33. Reason: Added details
Old 29th September 2010, 15:04   #543
Senior - BHPian

Aha,
my broadband is live and i am back in digital society.

@all,
very nice pics posted here.

''next meet ka aage kya hua?''
Old 29th September 2010, 15:28   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Nice idea, but i suggest diveagar rather than harihareshwar.
1] i wonder, maharashtra forest department kab se itna sudhar gaya?
Forest department is doing wonderful job at kaas.
2] Just imagine,
there are bunk of bhpians playing football on sand,
kids having fun in safe water,
cars lined up on sand,
car-boots are open,
fancy umbrella and tables on sand,
having barbeque on beach,
free flowing food and talk of cars......
this is what we may do in our next meet.
Any takers...........
Ok sir have you started the planning? If you haven't, I strongly suggest that you do it soon. All the activities you have planned out are already making me forget about work and start dreaming of this! I am definitely in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
@AshishPallod: I have faith in your knowledge & choice of venues. I'll go where the cars are going.
Went to Harihareshwar about 3 years ago & loved it. That's why i mentioned it.
But lets do something soon.
Pre - Diwali as i presume it'll be less crowded then.
And do a Friday night through Sunday morning types.
Hopefully i'll have a hair band by then!
+1 to that. An overnighter will be a perfect way for everyone to catch up in a relaxed atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Yes. So it is you and I who are the masters because I too have stayed at the Shrivardhan beach. We stayed at a place that was bang on the beach. In fact, i had to drive my car on the beach to get to this resort.
During the high tide, the water was almost at the gate of the resort. However, the beach had a lot of dead fish. But my son had whale of a time chasing his mother around the beach with a couple of dead mackerels in his hands.
I had put up a travelogue then - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ion-beach.html
If one wants to spend time on the beach, then my vote goes to Dive Agar.
-Biju
p.s. I think it is time to move these to a new thread.
A new thread for the next T-Bhp meet and drive will be just perfect. How about doing the honours sir!
Glad to know Alex did well in his exam. You were pretty worried about that at Kaas! Awesome snap of the waterfall sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
I did notice the White Aria going in the opposite direction with temporary registration. Was wondering whether it was test being done by Tata Motors or some one already bought and I missed launch notices. Looked like a handsome car.
With age also comes wisdom, aint it? The names were right on dot.
BTW, I read in the news that Maharashtra forest department is proposing to have Kaas, and few other places in Sahyadri ranges as UNESCO heritage sites. Hope it takes place and gets known. Thanks to this trip, I explored a tip of the range and next few months will be busy exploring more.
Missed thanking Turboholic, for his superhuman effort. Thanks for telling me about the options in Sahyadri ranges. You are another guy to bug about Maharashtra. Was looking for you before leaving but could not locate you.
Abhinomad and the father duo were rocking.It was nice to meet you folks.Your father is wealth of information. Hope to see you both again some time.
BolBolero, your HP travelogue was fantastic. Could not sit and pick your brain and experiences. Hope to do that next time.
AP,MX6, thanks for your suggestions for my trip. Will buzz you if I need more help.
And the talk about next meet is on already? Keep them coming guys.
Nainar
Thanks for the compliments sir. Sorry time did not permit more interaction amongst all of us. Let us rectify this at any future meets, by having an overnight stay! BTW besides the White Aria on the way to Kaas, I saw two other Aria's with TC no. plates on the way to Satara from Bombay. Any idea if the vehicle is out in the market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Oh boy. You managed to capture me and Laluks? That's a great photo and I'm loving it. Thanks a lot for that candid moment!
So the 100mm came in handy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@BolBolero - very short meet, I was in a hurry to find Star.
Hope to meet you sometime soon, either at some meet or if I come to that part of the country.

Quote:
@Bolbolero. As mentioned earlier, I have no photos of both laluks and SVB. It didn't strike me when I met them at Sajjangad car park as well as Thosegar car park to take photos. What I have is what you clicked of me and Laluks, for which I'm very indebted to you.
ARRE Sir, what is all this indebted business? But since you say you are indebted, the only way I will accept repayment, is if you promise to meet up when you come to Bombay or meet me if and when I am in Pune! Oh and another thing, please start planning for another meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>
parimal_g, pjbiju, vrprabhu, MX6, BolBolero, gostel,
Terrific round of pics. Some of the compositions, driven by your insight/vision, is truly outstanding. The pics of the flower, the peak and the lake and not least the pics of the little ones- one wants to see and feel again and again. Thank you for giving us such pleasure.
Also danke to parimal_g and BolBolero for turning the Jetta into a model.
When are we having our next meet? Withdrawal symptoms.
Drive safe.
P.S. :
1. Going by the quality of the pics, I have to think many times before I summon the courage to post whatever pics I shot that day. Obviously, that vision and that decisive moment is not there
2. gostel, Sprucegoose and I have had a post -Kaas mini meet last night, topped with dinner at Baghdadis in Apollo Bunder and rounded off by meetha paan (courtesy gostel)!
Dada your Jetta is a model, so it wasn't too difficult to get her to pose! Don't think too much Sir, just upload the snaps!
Sorry about missing the dinner on Monday, something came up and there was no way I could make it.

@Nomadabhi, Kalyan is not too far, if everyone is OK, we can make it somewhere halfway, like Thane or Vashi. What say guys?

@gostel, sorry I missed meeting up on Monday. All that lying on the ground at Kaas and taking photos has paid rich dividends I must say! Your captures are as good as any DSLR snap sir! (I haven't even managed to capture anything so vivid, even with that monstrous lens I had!)

@Parimal_g, Once again lovely snaps. If you come to town often, just give me a buzz. If it is possible we will surely meet.

@StarVegabond, lovely travelogue, now waiting for the pictures sir!

@ASHISHPALLOD, ''next meet ka aage kya hua?'' I am asking the same question Bhau! A new thread for that? You can do the honours!
Old 29th September 2010, 15:48   #545
BHPian

Picture blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
@issigonis, Thanks a lot for the comments.Yes your car is a looker, few more Snaps,+1 to F1-Fan do let us know for mini meets,where ever it is, as being from Dombivli i have very little option.
and next meet, yes we should go to Diveagar Harihareshwar, very nice place, and very good Roads.
>>> parimal_g,

I must compliment you, especially on pic nos 1 & 9. Reason? The play of light rays with the shades of blue of the sky. [It somehow reminds me of what Hitchcock wanted to achieve by way of a midnight blue for the night sky in his caper film To Catch A Thief].

Quote:
Last set of Pics,Bolbolero Family in action.
I think may cam is colour blind, it did not recognize the Red color, and focused on Green rather.(First Picture)
>>> Is the flower in pic #2 here called the aparajita? I think it is so called in Bengal. Any resident botanists here to clarify and illuminate please?

We are all awaiting the next t-bhp meet with bated breath; as for me, as long as there are good motorable roads and as they say 'God's wide open spaces', I have no issues. Ok, I'll add reliable petrol (diesel) pumps to that.

Regards, drive safe.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:53   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Aha,
my broadband is live and i am back in digital society.

@all,
very nice pics posted here.

''next meet ka aage kya hua?''
Next meet kaa kya..?
Lets go to Harihareshwar/Diveagar,we will start on any Friday evening, Pune guys can join mumbai gang at Pen, visit places nearby on sat, and back to our place on Sunday.You should take honour of starting new thread.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:57   #547
BHPian

Here is my quota of pics. These were actually shot by Sajan who accopanied me to the meet. And congrats you have joined a Team BHP forum..cheers.

Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0704.jpg
Near Satara Tunnel
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0708.jpg
View of Sajjangad
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0723.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0732.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0749.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0776.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0791.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0810.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0817.jpg
'AB' with 'AP'
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-img_0823.jpg
Newest Team BHP member..welcome 'Frankenstein'

I read lot of people asking for an another meet. I m in werever it is.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:02   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Next meet kaa kya..?
Lets go to Harihareshwar/Diveagar,we will start on any Friday evening, Pune guys can join mumbai gang at Pen, visit places nearby on sat, and back to our place on Sunday.You should take honour of starting new thread.
I second your thought Parimal
Old 29th September 2010, 16:02   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
BTW besides the White Aria on the way to Kaas, I saw two other Aria's with TC no. plates on the way to Satara from Bombay. Any idea if the vehicle is out in the market?
There were nearly a dozen of maroon coloured Arias parked at a dhaba close to an Essar fuel station just before the start of the Satara ghat. Must be on way to some dealership or maybe on way for some auto journalists test drive session etc. All had temp plates.

Quote:
So the 100mm came in handy!
Looking at MX6 and laluks, I was wondering how did you manage not to get me in the frame. Looking at the next one I realized that I had turned away as Kiran (anilsanil's wife) offered some snacks and I was away for like only a few seconds, I finally moved away only after laluks bid us goodbye per the second snap. Now the question is did you wait for me to move away or was this a coincidence that you clicked between the few seconds that I had turned away and then back towards laluks to say bye bye. Do choose your response with due consideration as one of the options would make me mad and the other will make me feel bad and none is desirable.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:06   #550
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@BolBolero. I plan to come down to Mumbai in 9th Oct. If that happens, I'd definitely meet up with you. I'm also going to meet the great (who else) HVK.
Also, I'd love to meet my good friend Superselect who I missed in this Kaas drive too.

What say Superselect?

@Khoj. See. I told you to have lunch with me. You decided to just go over for snacks that Kiran offered. Had you stuck around, you'd have been there in the pic too. Never say no to a friend over snacks!

Last edited by MX6 : 29th September 2010 at 16:07.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:57   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There were nearly a dozen of maroon coloured Arias parked at a dhaba close to an Essar fuel station just before the start of the Satara ghat. Must be on way to some dealership or maybe on way for some auto journalists test drive session etc. All had temp plates.
Looking at MX6 and laluks, I was wondering how did you manage not to get me in the frame. Looking at the next one I realized that I had turned away as Kiran (anilsanil's wife) offered some snacks and I was away for like only a few seconds, I finally moved away only after laluks bid us goodbye per the second snap. Now the question is did you wait for me to move away or was this a coincidence that you clicked between the few seconds that I had turned away and then back towards laluks to say bye bye. Do choose your response with due consideration as one of the options would make me mad and the other will make me feel bad and none is desirable.
Sir, absolute coincidence, no offence intended. Just tell me how I can make it upto you! I neither want you to be mad nor feel bad!
BTW are you still in Pune or are you back in Delhi?
So that means the Aria is going up for sale. Looks pretty good. Will be a direct competition to the Innova and in my opnion is a much better looker than the Xylo.

Quote:
@BolBolero. I plan to come down to Mumbai in 9th Oct. If that happens, I'd definitely meet up with you. I'm also going to meet the great (who else) HVK.
Also, I'd love to meet my good friend Superselect who I missed in this Kaas drive too.
What say Superselect?
@Khoj. See. I told you to have lunch with me. You decided to just go over for snacks that Kiran offered. Had you stuck around, you'd have been there in the pic too. Never say no to a friend over snacks!
9th. it is sir. I'll try all my powers of persuasion to get HVK on board. Superselect, I'll drag him! Maybe we can try to sound out a few others and make it like a small T-Bhp meet. What say?
Old 29th September 2010, 17:06   #552
MX6
Senior - BHPian

HVK has kindly agreed to show me his book collection (Last time I saw a bit of his rock collection).

Let's see who are all game for the Mini Mumbai / Thane meet on 9th Oct. But then again my 9th Plan is not finalised. It all depends on a friend who is coming down from Delhi to Mumbai. If he is there on 9th, I'd be there on 9th. Else my trip might get delayed.

Khoj should be in Mumbai now. You can make up to him by ordering 6 Alu Parathas for him.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:09   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
>>> Tarun,

Please refer to flyingspur's initial review of the Aria- when he was requested by a market research firm to drive it and provide feedback. I don't recall the thread offhand right now, but I am sure you'll be able to search and find it.
Our test drive experts can be expected to do an absolutely ripping review of the Aria pretty soon. I think the Tatas are positioning the Aria as a premium Innova, with a price point very roughly between 11-14 lacs, based on options etc.

Hope we meet up during my Delhi run in Dec and that we can travel in a convoy from Delhi to Bombay! As discussed.

Quote:

9th. it is sir. I'll try all my powers of persuasion to get HVK on board. Superselect, I'll drag him! Maybe we can try to sound out a few others and make it like a small T-Bhp meet. What say?
>>> Gautam, MX6,

I'd like to invite myself, ). Also between Gautam and me, I am fairly ceratin that we can drag SuperSelect in, even kicking and screaming

Regards
Old 29th September 2010, 18:53   #554
BHPian

Kaas Plateau.

A carpet of Pink as far as the eye can see.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9487.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9488.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9489.jpg
A bit of yellow and white.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9490.jpg
Pink flower
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9491.jpg
Whites
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9492.jpg
Parimal_g, Turboholic, Sprucegoose, AP, Amit_3306, Frankenstein (A warm welcome to you), and in the background, Mrs AP & Mrs. Nomadabhi.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9493.jpg
Yellow and Pink.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9495.jpg
Mr & Mrs. Kailashnj, f1fan with back to the cam, Mrs. Geeta (gostel) & gostel (No he is not sleeping, neither has he fallen down, that is a photographer at work)
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9496.jpg
Whites
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9497.jpg
White close up.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9498.jpg
Vastness of the flower carpet.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9502.jpg
Close up of the carpet.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9505.jpg
White close up.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9512.jpg
White surrounded by blue flowers.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-_drd9513.jpg
Xehaust & Girlfriend (Please refresh my memory someone) and Anainar.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-066.jpg
Issigonis staring longingly at his beloved Jetta. Don't worry sir, no one is going to drive it away!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-068.jpg
f1fan adjusting for a ? and MX6 - found what you were looking for?
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-069.jpg
The cloudy sky, with the sun trying to breakthrough!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-071.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-072.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-074.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-075.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-076.jpg
Aditya- Offroading session 3
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1177.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1179.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1180.jpg
Old 29th September 2010, 20:22   #555
BHPian

Quote:

@Nomadabhi, Kalyan is not too far, if everyone is OK, we can make it somewhere halfway, like Thane or Vashi. What say guys?
Sure Sir, that would be great to have our mini-meets around Thane/Mulund/Powai/Vashi

And those are real good snaps there. but kya kare, yeh dil maange more. Feels like going back to the place and lay down between those beautiful carpet and have a nice nap (but this time after having a stomach full)

Last edited by nomadabhi : 29th September 2010 at 20:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks