Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 12:13   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
@ MX6

Can't hold myself back hitting that F5 key while @ work to check new updates (hope that F5 survives).

Ha ha same here, this is the only good site which is allowed in our office proxy, but am sure, our IT team will block the same soon.

Last edited by parimal_g : 28th September 2010 at 12:21.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:16   #512
MX6
Senior - BHPian

AP saab. There is no cream Xehaust uses. He's the only one who came with his girlfriend I guess. That should be the secret behind his look.

Incidentally, we had loads of lightening and thunder here at our place last night and I had to unplug the internet cable and switch off modem/ tv etc to ensure they don't go kaput due to lightening strike.

@Xehaust. Peace.
Old 28th September 2010, 12:32   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@mx6,
my broadband connection went kaput after heavy storm and rain yesterday, i am not able to log on except through wap.
Hey, i am not that strict though look like and thats why i need that face cream that Xehaust uses.
Just came to know that the (BBB) Baramati Broadband is down due to heavy upload storm and originating point is found to be AP Bhau's place.
Good that you have W-AP (Wireless AP)

@Xehaust,
Please share the ingredients and procedure involved im making once you reach home from Mahabaleshwar. We are eagerly waiting.

Last edited by nomadabhi : 28th September 2010 at 12:37.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:05   #514
BHPian

Wonderful Pics and People Looks like I missed a nice drive meet :-(. Hopefully next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
But that would clash with my Tadoba Andhari plans.

Now who wants to meet up at the Tiger reserve in Nov?
I was planning on Oct, but if you are planning for Nov, I am game. Please keep me in the loop also.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:18   #515
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Wonderful Pics and People Looks like I missed a nice drive meet :-(. Hopefully next time.

I was planning on Oct, but if you are planning for Nov, I am game. Please keep me in the loop also.
I missed you too KRRaj.

And never say Game when we are off to a forest. You might get shot.

I shall pm you when Tadoba happens. Want my daughter to grow up a bit more actually. I don't want her to scream Sher Khaaaaaaaaaaaaan when she spots a tiger (when all others are in hushed silence), and run off with a twig to beat the cat.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:26   #516
Senior - BHPian

So guys, is the H'shwar thing happening? I see some three heads showing interest! How about October second half? After Duserah and before Diwali?
Old 28th September 2010, 14:27   #517
BHPian

As for Tadoba,

Season :
Parks remains open throughout year for visitors except Tuesdays.

Closed days :
31st December, Holi, Dhulivandan and
Census days- Normally full moon days of April, May
and 5 days preceding these days

However, the best season to visit is from February to May

dont know if it would be a good idea to be there in oct/nov.

Last edited by nomadabhi : 28th September 2010 at 14:28.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:31   #518
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@anilisanil. I'm not too keen on Harihareshwar in Oct. I have the Sringeri plan coming up and can think of Harihareshwar only if that cancelled.

@Nomadabhi. I'd go back to Tadoba in Feb/ Mar again. Was thinking of Nov because that's the earliest in my calendar.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:39   #519
BHPian

Some pictures from the Urmodi dam view.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-043.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-044.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1143.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-050.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-055.jpg
The line up of cars.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-058.jpg
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1150.jpg
Is he smiling?
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-062.jpg
YEAH, WE ALL HAVE IT!
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1157.jpg
Alex and Aditya
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-dsc_1159.jpg
Old 28th September 2010, 15:15   #520
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here are some photos from my end on Urmodi. We saw Bolbolero just coming in when we left that place. Had we stuck around for 5 minutes AnilisAnil and I would have been featured in this convoy as well.

These were shot using my 10-20 sigma. Bit of postprocessing is done as I don't have a UV filter for this lens. Had to cut out glare of sunlight and slightly enhance the greens.

Covering the whole lake. Couldn't go behind the thicket for a better view as there were a group of drunk revellers behind the shack raising a commotion. They were in a Scorpio.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-urmodi-1.jpg

View of the cliff overlooking the dam. People clambered up here for better views.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-urmodi-2.jpg

Our mini convoy. Ikon and Figo (Bade Miyan, Chote Miyan! and as the adage goes, Bade miyan tho bade miyan, chote miyan subhaanallah!) I love the figo.
Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27-urmodi-3.jpg
Old 28th September 2010, 16:13   #521
BHPian

@MX6,
Did laluks and StarVegabond leave before you took these pics at Urmodi? Do you by any chance have a pic of StarVegabond and if you do can you please post it here? Atleast I can put a face to the handle.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:28   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I missed you too KRRaj.

And never say Game when we are off to a forest. You might get shot.

I shall pm you when Tadoba happens.
. You are right. Thanks, that is one trip I am looking forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
As for Tadoba,

However, the best season to visit is from February to May
dont know if it would be a good idea to be there in oct/nov.
I basically depend on our Tadoba expert Doc for this. If he says we can in Oct/Nov, I am ready. As the Doc says, it is not all about sighting the tiger
Old 28th September 2010, 16:30   #523
BHPian

I just got back from Satara. Had an extended vacation of sorts. I am really happy that you guys enjoyed and had a great time. It is an honour for me that you appriciated whatever little that I have done. I think the actual credit goes to all of us who made this meet possible by attending it. The man behind this meet is Starvegabond and I want to thank him for initiating this idea.

I enjoyed the meet as much as anybody else if not more. Got to meet fellow motorheads and had a great time.

My write up will follow shortly.

Cheers

Turboholic
Old 28th September 2010, 16:35   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@anilisanil. I'm not too keen on Harihareshwar in Oct. I have the Sringeri plan coming up and can think of Harihareshwar only if that cancelled.

Is Shringeri a family drive or can we too join? I will do it if I don't go to H'shwer. I am guessing it would be a 3/4 day trip!

Quote:
Our mini convoy. Ikon and Figo (Bade Miyan, Chote Miyan! and as the adage goes, Bade miyan tho bade miyan, chote miyan subhaanallah!) I love the figo.
Attachment 431488
I loved that pic and more so the comment on my car!! Thanks for that pic
Old 28th September 2010, 17:02   #525
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@KRraj. You are absolutely right. It is never about the tiger. I've been to Gir 7 times and 6 times I spotted lions. This was way back in 2010. But then a forest is a forest and an open gypsy is an open gypsy. Spotting the lion was special, but then not spotting one doesn't take any sheen off an adventure. And tigers and leopards are tougher to spot than Panthera Leo.
Also I have a good friend Extreme_torque on whom I plan to work the tadoba trip on.

@Bolbolero. As mentioned earlier, I have no photos of both laluks and SVB. It didn't strike me when I met them at Sajjangad car park as well as Thosegar car park to take photos. What I have is what you clicked of me and Laluks, for which I'm very indebted to you.

@Turbo. Looking forward to your write up. And let us not forget the main men AshishPallod and VRprabhu. I gained Gyan on Kaas thanks to AshishPallod and hence my multiple trips starting last october.
And no one can forget the great photos Vrprabhu came up with in the Magnificent Maharashtra log. It's sad that he couldn't join us due to official tie-ups.

@Anilisanil. Sringeri IS a family affair, But that doesn't mean you can't join. You are welcome. I shall pm you separately the plan that I'm coming up with. And hope you know where Sringeri is. Because it is a straight 12 - 13 hours drive from Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks