Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 15:28   #3061
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Is it better to change them at the MASS or look for local parts?
The tail lamps are made by Minda and you can get them at the open market for around 1300.00 for the cluster. If there is no damage to the body, get them changed after buying original spare parts from the market. I would not recommend unbranded parts since they are prone to cracks, fades and leaks.
Old 4th October 2012, 15:30   #3062
BHPian

@ Jack Sparrow / Karthik,
You should be able to source a tail lamp locally and get it fitted at half the cost (or less), can't advise you on 'where in Chennai though' you could start by asking around in accessory shops, if they dont have it, they usually do direct you in the right direction.
Old 4th October 2012, 15:31   #3063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_1973 View Post
Is their some inexpensive solution to this problem? Is there some other workshop/FNG in NCR that I can take it to for repair?
If you are in Gurgaon or can go there, go to Rakesh Automobiles at Atul Kataria Chowk and meet Mr.Rakesh. He is a very good mechanic for most cars and many Scorpio owners on TBHP and other forums go to him regularly.

He will also source OEM spares, if required at much cheaper prices than the ASC.

In case of any issues, send me a PM.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 22:21   #3064
Distinguished - BHPian

Posted up a review of my Scorpio VLX 4wd at 3 years, on my ownership thread. Cross-linking here for reference...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
A significant odometer reading was crossed today, 3 days before Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) is due to complete 3 years of being on the road...

Old 15th October 2012, 19:38   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Just a heads up, as my battery grew weaker in the CRDe the starting crank duration kept increasing, until one day the engine refused to crank (at all). A service rep had also informed me about this saying that if the voltage were to drop below a specified voltage the engine would just not crank at all as there was a cut off incorporated.
I had changed the battery around the 4 year Mark.
I got around to checking my Battery yesterday & got the below ratings on the multimeter:

Idle (Key on) : 13.6 amps
Cranking : 9.4 amps
Engine On : 14.5

The new Amaron battery is costing Rs. 4350/- under exchange.

Please advise options.
Old 16th October 2012, 11:23   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I got around to checking my Battery yesterday & got the below ratings on the multimeter:

Idle (Key on) : 13.6 amps
Cranking : 9.4 amps
Engine On : 14.5

Please advise options.
The Amaron's are good enough man, unless you wanna go and find something cheaper and is durable.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:31   #3067
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

Please advise options.
My advise is always the Cummins Shakti VRLA battery that has been performing flawlessly for the past 3 years on Hariya. Cheaper to buy, lighter, cleaner and amazing consistency in holding charge.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 13:20   #3068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The Amaron's are good enough man, unless you wanna go and find something cheaper and is durable.
I have trusted Amarons ever since I had issues with Excide in my previous car. I am up for the replacement of the car in less than a year so dont mind going in for cheaper options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
My advise is always the Cummins Shakti VRLA battery that has been performing flawlessly for the past 3 years on Hariya. Cheaper to buy, lighter, cleaner and amazing consistency in holding charge.
Thanks, let me check the Cummins battery out.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:46   #3069
BHPian

@m_upreti,
Sorry I was away, can't help much on the pricing, Amaron is pretty good, my local mech was raving about Tata Green batteries as well but I haven't used it.
The deal you're getting seems reasonable.

Do check the voltage while cranking. If that drops to a certain value it won't crank further as per my Service Advisor, if I were home would have called him and posted the reply, sorry.
Off Roadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 17:44   #3070
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have Mhawk also and currently have few problems.. It little more than 4 year old...
Need suggestions from friends and experts in this forum.

1) Irrespective of the amount of fuel that is there in the tank the Voice system will alert saying that you are running on reserve fuel. .. Tried working out a pattern .. It used to come after 4/5 kms but for last 30 days, the warning comes after travelling for 20 /25 odd kms. The *** are useless and have not been able to resolve this. Even the laptop does not detect anything.. Secondly my fuel gauge meter shows absolutely the correct data.

Any suggestions from the experts or has anybody else faced this issue also ?

2) My heating system has conked off and the heater pipe is damaged. The *** is asking for a huge amount and moreover the spare is not available. Any idea if this is available at any upmarket shop which I can install through the AC mechanic.

3) Even I used to get ABS warning while the car is in motion. - Somehow resolved this after replacing the full wiring of the ABS system. Don't know if this is the solution but its working.

Thanks and regards,
Anirban
Old 16th October 2012, 18:04   #3071
Senior - BHPian

I also have a just over 4 years old mHawk. My comments inline below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanm View Post
Hi Friends, I have Mhawk also and currently have few problems.. It little more than 4 year old...Need suggestions from friends and experts in this forum.

1) Irrespective of the amount of fuel that is there in the tank the Voice system will alert saying that you are running on reserve fuel. ..

I had a similar issue with handbrake warning, ask the A.S.S. guys to reset the ECU (something similar to hardboot of a PC) this should clear off the incorrect warning.

2) My heating system has conked off and the heater pipe is damaged. The A.S.S. is asking for a huge amount and moreover the spare is not available. Any idea if this is available at any upmarket shop which I can install through the AC mechanic.

The car is anyways out of warrenty now so it makes better sense to find a reliable spare parts shop and a decent AC mechanic to have the part replaced.

3) Even I used to get ABS warning while the car is in motion. - Somehow resolved this after replacing the full wiring of the ABS system. Don't know if this is the solution but its working.

I had the same issue, the ABS harness was damaged, I got it replaced under extended warrenty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@m_upreti, Sorry I was away, can't help much on the pricing, Amaron is pretty good, my local mech was raving about Tata Green batteries as well but I haven't used it.The deal you're getting seems reasonable.
Do check the voltage while cranking. If that drops to a certain value it won't crank further as per my Service Advisor, if I were home would have called him and posted the reply, sorry.
Thanks, I am still in double mind, whether to change the battery or the car itself, but would take a decision by month end

Last edited by m_upreti : 16th October 2012 at 18:06.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 12:15   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Irrespective of the amount of fuel that is there in the tank the Voice system will alert saying that you are running on reserve fuel. .. Tried working out a pattern .. It used to come after 4/5 kms but for last 30 days, the warning comes after travelling for 20 /25 odd kms. The *** are useless and have not been able to resolve this. Even the laptop does not detect anything.. Secondly my fuel gauge meter shows absolutely the correct data.

Any suggestions from the experts or has anybody else faced this issue also ?
Take it to the service center and ask them to hook up the tech 2 tool and scan for error codes. Ideally they should be looking for some sensor failure if any at all. Else ask them to flash the ECU, yes they flash it and this from my experience.
They did once with my Scorpio and when I asked the SA if they did a reset and he specifically confirmed it was a re-flash. Methinks they don't do a reset as such(or maybe they aren't aware of it). Saw the same re-flash being done last week on a scorpio when I was the service center.

Quote:
2) My heating system has conked off and the heater pipe is damaged. The *** is asking for a huge amount and moreover the spare is not available. Any idea if this is available at any upmarket shop which I can install through the AC mechanic.
Find a local mech who can do the job. The Service centers are usually expensive and these days they even charge for cotton waste used.

Quote:
Why bother when it's working, getting to the bottom of a problem is nearly impossible with the scorpio coz of its infamous self healing tactics .
Old 20th October 2012, 16:58   #3073
BHPian

I have searched all forums but could not find answers to below 2 question. Scorpio Gurus : Pl. help.
1. There are 2 modes of AC - One is AC LO & AC HI. Does it mean that switching to AC HI will switch off the thermostat & keep the compressor running, irrespective of the set temperature? Or does it have 2 compressors?
2. What are the differences between the mHawk, mEagle & the CRDe 2.6 engines?
Old 20th October 2012, 18:32   #3074
BHPian

Every service advisor will give you a different answer to your first question so even I am scratching my head on it.
To answer your second question.
The 2.6 turbo was the engine Mahindra developed for the Scorpio. It was upgraded with a common rail fuel injection system to meet emission norms. I think the camshaft drive mechanism was also changed (not sure). Hence became 2.6CRDe.
The same was later evolved into the 2.5 M-Eagle.
The M-Hawk is a 2.2L engine developed jointly between Mahindra and AVL Austria, as a lighter more powerful engine to meet the emission norms of the future and improve vehicle dynamics.
Old 24th October 2012, 23:02   #3075
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya
I have searched all forums but could not find answers to below 2 question. Scorpio Gurus : Pl. help.
1. There are 2 modes of AC - One is AC LO & AC HI. Does it mean that switching to AC HI will switch off the thermostat & keep the compressor running, irrespective of the set temperature? Or does it have 2 compressors?
2. What are the differences between the mHawk, mEagle & the CRDe 2.6 engines?
AC HI Mode, the compressor does not switch off till the temperature drops to 4 degree and the anti-freeze switch trips the compressor to prevent the evaporator from freezing.

AC LO mode the system trips the compressor as soon as the temperature reaches around 10 degree. This is used in winters and saves fuel as the compressor runs less.

There is only one compressor

Mhawk is a 2.2 lit common rail diesel
Meagle is a 2.5 lit common rail diesel
Nef 2.6 crde is a 2.6 lit common rail diesel
spkingsley is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks