Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 08:54   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudhir View Post
...new Scorpio mHawk VLX a few months back(June 2009)....
So, obviously its still under warranty.

Quote:
......I have sent back the vehicle to the showroom thrice in the last 1 month to get this fixed and the issue remains. The showroom rep asked me to register a complaint with M&M to replace the ABS system...
As it is still under warranty, its not your job to register the complaint with M&M, its the dealer who should do that. In fact, by now, they should have already requistioned M&M for the faulty part and it should be in the process of replacement. All this should have been done without your having to get involved in the first place. I presume you purchased the car from the same dealership, even if not, its still the dealership's responsibility. However, it will be to your benefit if you do inform M&M of the situation and do not wate time on it. If you can, ask the "showroom" rep for all the documents regarxds your visits.

Quote:
...Should I send the vehicle to another garage in Bangalore to get it checked/fixed ?...
You could get it checked at another authorised M&M dealership, but don't go to an independant repair shop. That would definately void your warranty.

All the best.

Last edited by Mohnish : 15th November 2009 at 08:58.
Old 15th November 2009, 09:20   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I bought a new Scorpio mHawk VLX a few months back(June 2009). I am having this strange issues with the brakes.

1. When I freshly start the vehicle (after a break of around 20 to 30 mins or more) and drive for a few meters and apply the brakes, the brakes locks up and the vehicle skids. The braking action is not smooth. This is really embarrassing especially at valet parking when he gets back the vehicle. You can easily make out the vehicle brakes are screwed up.
I have got the same issue - more pronounced in cold weather or just after the car's been washed. I have left this out to the brake liners being cold and needing some amount of friction before they come up to operating temperature. But 20-30 mins seems way too less a time for the brakes to go stone cold.

Who is your dealer in Bangalore Vasudhir?
Old 15th November 2009, 09:36   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I have got the same issue - more pronounced in cold weather or just after the car's been washed. I have left this out to the brake liners being cold and needing some amount of friction before they come up to operating temperature. But 20-30 mins seems way too less a time for the brakes to go stone cold.

I got it from Sireesh Auto near Silk board junction. I thought of getting it checked with India Garage. And yes, I don't think it happens in around 20-30 mins. It's too short a time what I mentioned. As you rightly said when they go cold. And I have heard a few more folks who have complained of this same issue.

The second issue is more serious to me.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Old 15th November 2009, 10:22   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got it from Sireesh Auto near Silk board junction. I thought of getting it checked with India Garage. And yes, I don't think it happens in around 20-30 mins. It's too short a time what I mentioned. As you rightly said when they go cold. And I have heard a few more folks who have complained of this same issue.

The second issue is more serious to me.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Who is your advisor in Sireesh/Silk Board? Please meet and ask ONLY for Satish - who is the work shop in charge. Tell him you are from TBHP and also tell him Venkat referred you to him. Everything will be taken care of immediately. If not, let me know.
Old 16th November 2009, 07:59   #725
BHPian

Quote:
...The second issue is more serious to me...
Sudhir,

Should have posted this in my previous post:

The first does not seem to be an issue. This happens in my VLX AT also, until about the first 5-10 mins (depending on the brake use) by which time the discs and pads come to operating temperature.

The second one is definately and issue. Go with Red.

Last edited by Mohnish : 16th November 2009 at 08:01.
Old 16th November 2009, 08:54   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Who is your advisor in Sireesh/Silk Board? Please meet and ask ONLY for Satish - who is the work shop in charge. Tell him you are from TBHP and also tell him Venkat referred you to him. Everything will be taken care of immediately. If not, let me know.
Thanks Venkat. I have talked to Satish and taken an appointment for tomorrow morning. Appreciate your help.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Old 16th November 2009, 09:45   #727
Senior - BHPian

Gear Shifting Problem

Hi, I purchased a 2004 Scorp a month ago. It has 80K on the odo. Am happy with it, but for a small niggle. While shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, I get a small gear grinding type of sound from the gear lever, after which it falls into 3rd. This happens occasionally, maybe once in five shifts.

The A.S.C. guys told me to depress the clutch fully while shifting, which I always do. The problem persists, and only while shifting from 2nd to 3rd. There is never any problem while downshifting from 4th to 3rd though.
Could somebody please help.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:21   #728

Dear Sudhir,

i think you should complain to M&M and they do respond to the complaints pretty fast. I had bought a Scorpio in June and i had serious problem with my clutch. It failed 6 times in less than 40 days of on the road. I had to complain to M&M and their technical head inspected the vehicle and said it is not road worthy and gave me a new replacement of vehicle.

It would be better that you keep your dealership informed with a CC of the complaint mail to customercare@mahindra.com. They would respond to you immediately.

Try and ask for a replacement of ABS.

Quote:

Old 16th November 2009, 13:22   #729
BHPian

Folks, my first service for the scorp is due next month. Since I had bought the car from Sireesh, I was planning to go back to them for the service. The one closest to my house/workplace is the one in marathahalli. Is that considered good enough or should it be avoided. From the earlier posts, I am told that one on Hosur Road is considered good.
Does anyone have a feedback for the marathahalli branch ?
Old 17th November 2009, 07:22   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankarcv View Post
Dear Sudhir,

i think you should complain to M&M and they do respond to the complaints pretty fast. I had bought a Scorpio in June and i had serious problem with my clutch. It failed 6 times in less than 40 days of on the road. I had to complain to M&M and their technical head inspected the vehicle and said it is not road worthy and gave me a new replacement of vehicle.

It would be better that you keep your dealership informed with a CC of the complaint mail to customercare@mahindra.com. They would respond to you immediately.

Dear Shankar,

Thanks for the e-mail id.

The Sales rep whom I interacted with asked me to get the ABS replaced. But I am not sure if he really understands what the issue is. I am going to the service center today to get it checked with Satish as per Venkat's advice. I will see what the outcome is and then write to them if needed.

Rgds,
Sudhir
Old 17th November 2009, 16:17   #731
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vasudhir,

I can agree with Shankar about the cutomer service of M&M. Also try reaching out to Rajesh of M&M whose mail id is 'JEJURIKAR.RAJESH@mahindra.com'

Rajesh, If you visit this forum-my apologies in sharing your mail id. However, "A customer retained is many gained"

Last edited by getsurya : 17th November 2009 at 16:18.
Old 17th November 2009, 16:25   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankarcv View Post
Dear Sudhir,

what many more of these you can put. A whole new vehicle for a clutch problem(as per your complaint). Man you the luckiest one i think in this forum
Old 17th November 2009, 23:16   #733
Senior - BHPian

I am facing the following problems in my scorpio currently:

1) Alarm siren does not work if it rains
2) right horn button on steering wheel not functioning
3) ABS light comes on intermittently
4) driver door is making a squeaking noise
5) AC blower is making a noise

Things i want to add:
1) The X in scorpio VLX is broken, so want to buy new badges!
2) Scorpio's left side RVM is concave whereas driver side RVM is normal. i want to buy one concave mirror of LHS RVM & add it to the RHS RVM!
Old 18th November 2009, 12:20   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I am facing the following problems in my scorpio currently:

1) Alarm siren does not work if it rains
2) right horn button on steering wheel not functioning
3) ABS light comes on intermittently
4) driver door is making a squeaking noise
5) AC blower is making a noise

Things i want to add:
1) The X in scorpio VLX is broken, so want to buy new badges!
2) Scorpio's left side RVM is concave whereas driver side RVM is normal. i want to buy one concave mirror of LHS RVM & add it to the RHS RVM!
raj by chance did u see this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1588052-post1868.html. When are you doing this.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:38   #735
BANNED

Vacuum Suction in Bangalore

Hi Everyone,
I need to get some minor but clearly visible dents removed from my Scorpio using the so called "Vacuum Suction" method for tinkering.

It would be great if any of you who are aware of such an outlet at Bangalore could guide me to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks