Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 14:07   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thre is one more thing I have been noticing, rather hearing for the last few days, sometimes while braking there is a sound of a click from the pedal.
Ask them to check the Calliper pins for any play. If there is any play ask them to change the pins and the noise should disappear.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:09   #782
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sideways, will do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Ask them to check the Calliper pins for any play. If there is any play ask them to change the pins and the noise should disappear.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:18   #783
Senior - BHPian

had this constant squeaking noise in my scorpio's driver door. even after 3 visits, the issue was not solved. sent a mail to the customer care day before yesterday!

today i got a message from them informing me my complaint number. soon i received a call from mahindra asking me what my problem was. i told him everything in detail. he said i would get a call back in an hour. in 20 mins, i got a call from global gallarie (the concerned mahindra A.S.S). i explained everything to the lady on the line who took down my vehicle number. she checked the records & stated that my vehicle had indeed come thrice for the same issue. also, she informed that all the services of my car has been done on time & from Global Gallarie itself. so she said, she would inform the SA who handled my car & necessary actions would be taken. have not heard from them till now.

if any updates happen, i'll post them subsequently.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:18   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
had this constant squeaking noise in my scorpio's driver door. even after 3 visits, the issue was not solved. sent a mail to the customer care day before yesterday!
It may be play in the door latch , Why not try some DIY till they call you back. Try a Teflon tape on the latch and some Vaseline / White grease on the hinge to start with.

How many KM your vehicle has done , I guess yours is city driven and does not involve country roads ? It is indeed strange that you are seeing squeaking noise now particularly when you enjoyed initial part of ownership quite hasselfree.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:07   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dear All,

There is no oil in Coolant. However just notice a peculiar phenomenon. When i Switch on the Key & Engine check light goes Off, after that if i wait 15 - 30 sec no matter what temperature the car starts normally. However if I try to start it immediately when Engine check light goes off then there is a delayed start.
Any body please help to understand.
Please check with the Electric Pre Supply Pump(PSP) located near fuel tank or inside fuel tank. The PSP had to pump the fuel as soon as you switch ON the key. In your case it is taking more time to pump. It Should pump from fuel tank to the Main pump.
Just check the fuel line which runs through the tank and till the Manual Pre Supply Pump if there is any blockage or not. Open the fuel pipe at the Manual Pre Supply Pump end and switch on the key. the fuel has to be pumped immediately by the Electric PSP.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:41   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
How many KM your vehicle has done , I guess yours is city driven and does not involve country roads ? It is indeed strange that you are seeing squeaking noise now particularly when you enjoyed initial part of ownership quite hasselfree.
mine has done just 30,000 till now.

squeaking noise has always been a problem of my Mhawk unlike me older scorpio. even though it has seen only city roads, it has faced some abuse but still i wont say it justifies the squeaking.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:21   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SamtheLeo : ... It only happens after a long cold over night stand & a early morning start...
Your battery may be the problem. I went throug this exact situation recently. Problem only in the mornings / cold engine.

Have your battery checked at the A.S.S One cell may be weak. If yes, replace your battery.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:38   #788
BANNED

Optimal Gear Change Speeds for CRDe

Hi,
I follow the following speeds to change gears:
0-10 kmph-1st gear.
10-20kmph-2nd gear
20-40kmph-3rd gear
40-60kmph-4th gear
60 + kmph-5th gear.

But I have been recommended to change the gears at the following speeds by a few people.
0-15 kmph-1st gear.
15-30kmph-2nd gear
30-50kmph-3rd gear
50-80kmph-4th gear
80 + kmph-5th gear.

Any idea which is better suited for optimum mileage and engine life?
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:46   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

Changing gears is about RPM Levels - not speeds. Dont you have an RPM meter on your Scorp?

The right RPM range to change gears is between 2000 and 2500 RPM. The shifts are sweet and the truck rockets!

However, I take the 1st gear upto about 1500 RPM, then change to 2nd. Take it up to 2000 RPM and change to third. As the gears get progressively higher, the RPM range at which you change also notches up a bit.

Last edited by Red Liner : 2nd December 2009 at 15:47.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:44   #790
BHPian

3rd Gear Vibration Issues on the MHawk

Finally, i seem to have got an answer from M&M and A S S on the 3rd gear vibration issue, i had the M&M people call me twice and the A S S a couple of times talking to me about the issue after i wrote to them on customercare@mahindra.com.
After a weeks times , yesterday there was a call from A S S telling me to bring the Scorpio to A S S as they have a new part from M&M to be replaced which would have the problem solved.
I am yet to take the Scorpio to the A S S, would keep you guys posted once i complete the work.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:21   #791
Senior - BHPian

Hi Capt,
We shall wait to hear from you about the gear stick vibration issue resolution on your ride. Even I feel the same sometimes for my ride.
Anyways, welcome to Scorpers club!
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:58   #792
Senior - BHPian

Hi Capt.,

Welcome to the club.

3rd gear viberation is a part and parcel of the Scorpio package .

If my experience counts for something even a gear box change is not going to make any difference.

When I got my MHawk in Sep '08 I was preturbed with the same issue, so I actually tried 4-5 similar vehicles at the A.S.S. and all had the same issue.

Then there was a gear slippage problem with my car and M&M replaced the gear box the slippage issue ws resolved but the gear stick still viberetes in the third.

But by any chance this part (???) change helps in your case pls do update us as lot of us TBHPIAN's will be lining up at the A.S.S. for the change of the same part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Finally, i seem to have got an answer from M&M and A S S on the 3rd gear vibration issue, i had the M&M people call me twice and the A S S a couple of times talking to me about the issue after i wrote to them on customercare@mahindra.com.
After a weeks times , yesterday there was a call from A S S telling me to bring the Scorpio to A S S as they have a new part from M&M to be replaced which would have the problem solved.
I am yet to take the Scorpio to the A S S, would keep you guys posted once i complete the work.

Last edited by m_upreti : 3rd December 2009 at 19:01.
Old 4th December 2009, 08:19   #793
BHPian

Sure, i would keep you guys updated if the replacement works and even if does not work

Well, with regard to VLX , I find a lot of rattling noise coming down from my doors and the captain seats in the rear. *** fixes them every time i get it serviced but it returns back soon.

I believe its the same case with every other VLX model, has anybody got this issue fixed permanently ?
Old 7th December 2009, 12:31   #794
BHPian

Starting problems in my non-CRDe Scorpio

Hi Guys,

I am getting this starting problem in my 2005 non-CRDe scorpio for the last few days. When I turn on the key to Ignition position, I see no indication LEDs in the dashboard - Brake Oil, handbrake etc & then when I crank the engine nothing happens. I do this a couple of times & then out of blue everything seems normal - the LEDs are back ON, the engine roars to life.

This happens arbitrarily - no pattern what so ever.

Has any one faced such issues ever in their scorpio. Any solutions?
Old 7th December 2009, 12:34   #795
Senior - BHPian

Check your battery cables and main fuse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks