Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 19:11   #4606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Thanks @Kosfactor will check out
And if there are salt deposits you have probably been filling some coolant concentrate along with tap water. Please stick to pre mixed Mahindra purple coolant or use a good third party coolant with distilled water rather than tap or bisleri as I said
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:26   #4607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update to my last post

I have a question. My mechanic mentioned the radiator is due for a change, there is no leak or any visible malfunction for me. Is there a way to have it checked properly?
An old radiator will generally have clogged tubes due to salt deposits and/or corrosion. So it is best to get it cleaned.

If the radiator is copper, then any radiator shop will do the job. They dismantle the radiator by unsoldering the top and botto and then meticulously clean each tupe. If there is a leak after cleaning they will plug that tube.

In case rhe raiator is steel or other alloy based, then it is best to replace it, as dismantling is not feasible, and no amount of pressure can clean clogged tubes.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 20:26   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
An old radiator will generally have clogged tubes due to salt deposits and/or corrosion. So it is best to get it cleaned.

In case rhe raiator is steel or other alloy based, then it is best to replace it, as dismantling is not feasible, and no amount of pressure can clean clogged tubes.
UPDATE
Got the full set of radiator hoses changed. The OEM ones lasted for 13.5 years and served well. The Mech said that the condition of the radiator is pretty ok and can last a few thousand more KMs (Fingers crossed) I am testing the performance and cooling of the raidator now it seems fine.

Thanks for all the suggestions and support
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 23:35   #4609
NFS
BHPian

Peculiar Issue on my Scorpio MHawk VLX 4WD 2011

Hi,

I have this peculiar issue on my Scorpio. At random, (even in idling) the rpm would drop towards zero and be back. This, when it happens when the vehicle is moving would make a "thud" sound as if the gear is slotted without clutch. Any guesses of what could be wrong?

Took my vehicle to an independent garage and did not have a solution yet.

What would be suspect here?
Old 4th March 2024, 13:59   #4610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post

Hi,

I have this peculiar issue on my Scorpio. At random, (even in idling) the rpm would drop towards zero and be back. This, when it happens when the vehicle is moving would make a "thud" sound as if the gear is slotted without clutch. Any guesses of what could be wrong?

I would suggest you to take a look into the ECU error code (if any) first. Also I will suggest to take it to the authorised service center to get checked. If it was only the meter needle doing the dancing then I would suggest battery, but the sound can be from EGR also.
Old 4th March 2024, 14:08   #4611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

Most likely related to fueling - check the fuel lines from tank to the engine, replace the fuel filter and make sure there is no air in the lines, they have to perform the purge.

A visit to the ASC is certainly recommended, a very popular car and issues are well known to them.
Old 4th March 2024, 18:28   #4612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would second the reply already made. Suggest you get the fuel filter checked, I had faced a similar issue - RPM fluctuating randomly sometimes, this was due to a filter issue.
Old 19th March 2024, 10:46   #4613
BHPian

Hi - There is etching sound coming from the steering when I turn it few rounds at low speeds. What could be the possible issue?
Old 21st March 2024, 00:29   #4614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Hi - There is etching sound coming from the steering when I turn it few rounds at low speeds. What could be the possible issue?
Steering rack possibly. Get it up on a ramp at the dealer and checked.
Old 25th March 2024, 12:42   #4615
BHPian

My Scorpio LX 2010 Front Wheel Rubber Apron under the fender has come off. The rubber has aged and just broke off. I have ordered the replacement and most likely will reach me by 29th March. Only difference I have found is the increased tyre noise, apart from that everything else works fine.

Can I do a long drive without it and would it cause any issues to the engine? For instance, the rubber apron protects the dust and other road particles getting inside the engine bay. I wanted to avoid any issues, hence asking.

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-rubber-apron.jpg

I have a second querry as well

There is a squeaky nosie when I engage the break. I took it to the neibhourhood garage, cleaned the front breakpads and rear drums and then put them back. It was not there initially for a day but have started to hear the noise subsequently. When I half press the break pedal, there is a squeaky noise, but not during the full engagement of the break pedal.

The mech mentions that the break pads may have gone hard. The pads are brand new and I have used them only for 5000 kms so far, so I don't suspect the pads, but I feel there could be some other issue that is going unnoticed.

Anyone else faced similar problems and what solutions did you apply?

Last edited by diwakarmuthu : 25th March 2024 at 12:47. Reason: Added addtional content that got missed earlier
Old 25th March 2024, 16:24   #4616
Senior - BHPian

Change the brake fluid especially if you haven't changed it in the past 2-3 years. And also ensure that the brake calipers are well greased.

Quote:
There is a squeaky nosie when I engage the break. I took it to the neibhourhood garage, cleaned the front breakpads and rear drums and then put them back. It was not there initially for a day but have started to hear the noise subsequently. When I half press the break pedal, there is a squeaky noise, but not during the full engagement of the break pedal.
Old 25th March 2024, 16:35   #4617
BHPian

Yes, there is a need of brake pad replacement, check for brake rotors (discs) run out this can also lead in uneven wear of brake pads as well. Finally, get the brake caliper pins too changed.

Please do make sure that the brake bleeding is performed thoroughly.
sameerpatel90 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks