Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2021, 13:46   #4546

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Now that we are here, the codes you have received are manufacturer specific codes - they are not generic. So you need to take this to the Co-Tech (there is one guy like that) , he will use his phone and do the scan.

OBD will show certain codes when the engine is off, that is why as you move the key cylinder to ignition, the instrument cluster lights up. These are cleared as soon as the engine is fired up and the lights disappear.
Co - Tech is available at any Mahindra ASC?

Thanks

R
Old 11th August 2021, 15:07   #4547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivxing View Post
Co - Tech is available at any Mahindra ASC?

Thanks

R
Yes, I have seen them with ASCs in others cities as well, they have a different uniform.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 16:45   #4548
BHPian

Posting a query related to issue in my Scorpio:

I had to run an urgent errand and cranked the Scorpio. The Engine came to life as usual and I was waiting for it to warm up. Then suddenly the engine switched off. I tried to restart the engine but failed. Then I noticed the smell of diesel and started looking around the car. What I found was:
  • A leaky fuel pipe with two cuts
  • A dangling and broken cable
I am not sure what caused the damage. Rodents, Dogs or was it intentional. The car was used yesterday for a 70-75 KM run and it worked fine.

I was able to plug the leak in fuel pipe by wrapping polythene and insulation tape. Here's how it looks after this jugaad.

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-pic1.jpg

However, now the length of the cable has reduced, so it cannot be joined. The cable has four wires: Two Orange coloured and Two Green Coloured.
Here's how it looks like:

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-pic2.jpg

My queries:
  • Will the complete fuel pipe require replacement or there is another way to fix the leak
  • What is the purpose of this cable
  • Will the complete cable require replacement or a joint would work without causing any problem
Old 12th September 2021, 21:16   #4549

Re: Mahindra Scorpio SLE check Light blinking on dashboard, vehicle won't start.

UPDATE on my ORIGINAL Post.
====================

I would like to mention how was the issue finally resolved. Here is what happened:-

1) I called up the Mahindra Service Centre. The service incharge asked me on the call, whether the cabin light was functioning. As I was not in the car, I did not know whether it was working or not.

2) He said that a person will come with me with their laptop to diagnose and rectify the problem. I took the person along till the breakdown site in another car.

3) Upon checking post reaching the Scorpio, I found that indeed the cabin light was not working! He plugged the laptop into the OBD Port of the scorpio.

4) He opened the panel under the steering of the car and replaced the cabin light fuse. It blew again.

5) We discovered that the rear cabin light was dangling from the roof and probably this would have been the case for at least 3 to 4 days. The metal sheet cutting in which the cabin light is fitted had bitten through the insulation of the wiring, as the light was dangling and this would have put stress on the wire causing it to rub against the sharp edges of the slot in the roof in which the light is fitted and causing a short circuit (the roof moulding is affixed to this steel sheet of the roof).

6) The cabin light is also made of the same legendary plastic which adorns many parts used in the Mahindra vehicles . The plastic is designed to turn into powder after a few years, as if to self destruct! The metal clamps had come off the plastic and the light could not be affixed back into its slot for this reason. So the technican removed the rear cabin light altogether and taped the wiring so that it could not cause any short circuiting again.

7) Yet another fuse was put. Spare fuses are there in the box itself. This time the fuse held on. The technician then used his laptop to reset the immobiliser and erase any error codes logged into the system.

8) Now the car could start. The problem has not resurfaced till date. The rear cabin light remains un attached. The wire of that section remains taped with insulation tape.

It seems this must be a regular issue. That's how the service fellow knew the exact problem. Wonder why MAHINDRA cant use better plastic for their parts. At least they should inform about the possibility of this problem arising so that we can take preventive measures to ensure that it does not happen and that we do not get stuck on the roadside somewhere.

No one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON, no matter how experienced, knew /could diagnose this problem, other than the Mahindra service guys. Someone suggested, use a different battery, some other person said use a different key! One mechanic had also told me to replace the immobiliser circuit!

Hope this may be useful to others who face the same problem.

Rajeev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivxing View Post
Hi,

I have an Scorpio SLE Mhawk engine 2011 model. Due to the lockdown etc., the car is running much less these days. Yesterday it went from Delhi to GNOIDA (60 kms from my place). The car was parked for about 3 hrs. I returned back and parked it a short distance from my home, without any issues. The car had run about 120 kms. Then after some I went to the car and it refused to start. No sign of the starter motor cranking and no sound whatsoever. Tried to crank with the key multiple times with no effect. However, I noticed the ENGINE 'CHECK' light flashing. I had to leave the car and come away.

Today I went back to the car with an ODB2 bluetooth device. Its a generic ELM 327 interface which i had bought off Amazon a few months ago. I downloaded an ODB2 software on my phone and connected it to the device.

The error codes of the faults and their descriptions are attached. Can anyone tell what exactly these mean? Will it require a major effort and money to get these rectified?

Thanks so much!

Rajeev.
rajivxing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:39   #4550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
My queries:
  • Will the complete fuel pipe require replacement or there is another way to fix the leak
  • What is the purpose of this cable
  • Will the complete cable require replacement or a joint would work without causing any problem
Continuing my earlier post. Looks like more problems are coming to the surface due to this incident.

On my recent visit to Himachal, I had to engage 4WD mechanism to cross a diversion due to landslide. When I engaged 4WD (4H or 4L), the relevant indicators on the dashboard didn't lit up. I ignored that since the indicators are not very bright for me, especially in broad day light.

The track comprised of slush, stones, water crossings and had very steep entry/exit.

The car behaved well as it is in 4WD. However, there were other tell tale signs of 4WD not engaging like engine RPMs not increasing in 4L. So, I cannot be sure.

The good part is that Scorpio didn't let me down and I was able to cross the obstacles where even local drives in high GC vehicles were struggling.

Later that night I checked the indicators and they were not lighting up.

So, this weekend I took the car to ASS and we confirmed another wire chewed off (a different wire that I hadn't noticed earlier).

The replacement wiring was not in stock since 4WD Scorpios are rare. Also, it is very costly: around Rs. 10,000/- for wire and around Rs. 2500/- for labour.

To make sure that it is just the wiring and nothing else has gone wrong, the electrician tried his best to join the wires. The end result is:

The 4WD is engaging both 4H and 4L. However, on the dashboard the indicator for 4H flashes continuously and doesn't stabilizes. The 4L indicator doesn't lits up at all.

My query:
  • What should be my next step. Shall I order the wire and take it from there to see if everything works fine.
  • Or is there any other way to diagnose the indicator problem and confirm if it is indeed wiring problem.
manchandap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:44   #4551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My query:
  • What should be my next step. Shall I order the wire and take it from there to see if everything works fine.
  • Or is there any other way to diagnose the indicator problem and confirm if it is indeed wiring problem.
As the wire is chewed definitely order it. I don't think splicing it will help as much if it carries data not just current.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 12:34   #4552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As the wire is chewed definitely order it. I don't think splicing it will help as much if it carries data not just current.
That sounds fine. I plan to visit the ASS over the weekend. The ASS guys also want to have a discussion with their Technical Manager to chalk out the plan. He was unavailable during my last visit. Since 4WD drive Scorpios are rare so is the technical expertise to fix 4WD mechanism.

Another query:

While the car was on lift and 4H/4L engaged, we could see the front shaft spinning. However, the front wheels were not rotating.

Do the front wheels require some resistance/friction for rotation Or is this indication of some problem?
Old 27th October 2021, 05:41   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do the front wheels require some resistance/friction for rotation Or is this indication of some problem?
Yes they do. There must be friction between tyres and road. https://opentextbc.ca/universityphys...olling-motion/
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 08:14   #4554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another query:

While the car was on lift and 4H/4L engaged, we could see the front shaft spinning. However, the front wheels were not rotating.

Front wheels have auto locking hubs, put the vehicle on the ground and engage 4x4. As the vehicle rolls forward the hubs will lock.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 09:14   #4555
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they do. There must be friction between tyres and road. https://opentextbc.ca/universityphys...olling-motion/
Thanks @hserus, will go through the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Front wheels have auto locking hubs, put the vehicle on the ground and engage 4x4. As the vehicle rolls forward the hubs will lock.
Thanks @Kosfactor.

The mechanic was saying the same: that rotating front shaft indicates that 4WD is engaged and the front wheels will rotate once they are on the ground. His supervisor disagreed, confusing me further. It's also a new learning for me.

Lack of expertise and experience with 4WD coming into play.
Old 5th November 2021, 22:24   #4556
BHPian

Dear All,

May be I am being too naive to ask this but let me put up my query anyway. Why does the rear wiper's wipe area is limited to only 70% (at best) of the glass area?

The slush just blinds the unclean area and hinders the visibility seriously. I am surprised to see such an evolved product be flawed at something that is considered as basic?

Thanks.
Old 9th November 2021, 15:02   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Probably a generic problem and not related to Scorpio, however, I have this issue popped up for my Scorpio. Not able to pair any blue tooth devices. The head unit simply does not detect any blue tooth device. Neither any phone is able to detect the vehicle. It was all working fine until few weeks back.

What could be the problem?

Android auto is another pain to connect. Was never able to connect via that too. Does it have a solution?
Old 9th November 2021, 16:45   #4558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Probably a generic problem and not related to Scorpio, however, I have this issue popped up for my Scorpio. Not able to pair any blue tooth devices. The head unit simply does not detect any blue tooth device. Neither any phone is able to detect the vehicle. It was all working fine until few weeks back.

What could be the problem?

Android auto is another pain to connect. Was never able to connect via that too. Does it have a solution?
Try a few things as per this link.

https://www.makeuseof.com/android-auto-not-working/

In my friend`s verna there is an option for Apple carplay, Android Auto & Mirror link. If you enable mirror link the other two will not work.

Also this link has some things to check, considering it was working earlier.

https://support.google.com/android/a...-pair-with-car
Old 10th November 2021, 12:44   #4559
BHPian

can the middle row of Scoprio 2021 7-seater have a recline feature?

PS: no slider needed, only recline.
Old 15th November 2021, 10:22   #4560
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, the wiring harness has been ordered. The Part name & number is:
  • WIRING HARNESS FLOOR 1801CAA17220N
It will take few weeks for the part to arrive. I hope the ASS guys have ordered the correct part. Keeping fingers crossed.
manchandap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks