Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 16:02   #4516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Do you know what's the OEM wiper blade size for a 2010 Scorpio SLE? Is it 19'', 20'' or 21''?
If you buy from OEM shop, please ask for Scorpio Refreshed 2010 model wiper blade. The blades are common for :-

- All variants.
-Same blade for driver and passenger sides.

Though on the cover of the wiper blade it was labelled as DRIVER SIDE, I got both blades mentioning the same viz. Driver Side. But these have snugly got fitted on both arms.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 19:05   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Aren't the blades 19 and 21 inch? (Not to forget, 14 inch rear wiper blade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
If you buy from OEM shop, please ask for Scorpio Refreshed 2010 model wiper blade. The blades are common for :-

- All variants.
-Same blade for driver and passenger sides.

Though on the cover of the wiper blade it was labelled as DRIVER SIDE, I got both blades mentioning the same viz. Driver Side. But these have snugly got fitted on both arms.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:07   #4518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Aren't the blades 19 and 21 inch? (Not to forget, 14 inch rear wiper blade)
@hserus Thanks ! Very rightly pointed out by you. The driver's side is no doubt of different length as compared to the passenger side wiper blade. Just checked length of both the OE blades fitted from the factory. Now after replacement, though these fit snugly, both are of equal length. The OE spare shop (authorised) had only Driver's Side labelled spare blades and the guy told me that these will fit your SUV.

As soon as the proper size is available, I shall replace the one fitted to the passenger side.

Quote:
@comfortablynumb;# 4515] Do you know what's the OEM wiper blade size for a 2010 Scorpio SLE? Is it 19'', 20'' or 21''?
The lengths are different and not as earlier stated by me in post # 4516. The lengths are "Pre-mounted multi-adapter Wiper Sizes mm 525mm / 475mm wiper Sizes Inches 21 & 19 Set Manufacturer ID 3 397 007 684" as obtained from a spares vendor. And that's what @hserus has rightly said.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th January 2021 at 18:21.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 16:08   #4519
BHPian

My scorpio vlx 4wd 2010 model has the engine warning light go on momentarily and then go off. The clock slows down if the car is not used for a couple of days ( battery is fine ) and the tpms shows all tyres blinking. What could be the issue? Thanks.
Old 12th January 2021, 10:28   #4520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
My scorpio vlx 4wd 2010 model has the engine warning light go on momentarily and then go off. The clock slows down if the car is not used for a couple of days ( battery is fine ) and the tpms shows all tyres blinking. What could be the issue? Thanks.
This seems to be an electrical problem. Most probably the main cable from battery to the fuse is loose or corroded, so that the voltage drops across the joint. Get the wiring checked by a reliable electrician.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 11:29   #4521
BHPian

But would that not affect the self starting of the car? It starts in one go.
Old 13th January 2021, 12:07   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
But would that not affect the self starting of the car? It starts in one go.
There are two cables involved
1. The thick cable to the starter
2. Thin cable for rest of the electricals.

As long as the starter solenoid can be activated, the engine will start. When there is a dry joing (higher resistance) in the cable, then it will affected those circuits that are voltage sensitive.

So a thorough check of the cable harness is definitely warranted.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 21:49   #4523
BHPian

My steel wheel lug nuts are rusted, though it works well right now. Been thinking if I can clean and paint it or change to something like this

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-wheel-lug-nut.png

I would also like to get some recommendations for a leather or faux leather steering wheel wrap. Any reliable sources in Chennai near the OMR area would be appreciated.
Old 7th March 2021, 05:58   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
My steel wheel lug nuts are rusted, though it works well right now. Been thinking if I can clean and paint it or change to something like this

I would also like to get some recommendations for a leather or faux leather steering wheel wrap. Any reliable sources in Chennai near the OMR area would be appreciated.
You can’t tell without inspecting the nuts so get that done at a tyredrome. After that order whatever is Mahindra oem, wheels are something you don’t want to fall off when you’re driving.

VV Car Decors in Semmanchery used to have a good leather worker they called Gopi Anna see if he’s still there. They’d then remove the car steering wheel and hand stitch a leather strip, far better fit than when it’s sewn on with the wheel still attached.

Last edited by hserus : 7th March 2021 at 06:00.
Old 29th July 2021, 23:09   #4525
Senior - BHPian

I was on a trip to a hill station the last weekend and my 7 month old Scorpio gave a shocker for few minutes.

After I stopped for a few minutes to get some things and came back and tried starting the vehicle, no response. It was trying to crank but doesn't. It responded the same way for 4-5 tries. The engine doesn't fire up. Then I gave it a break for 2-3 minutes, and then tried again, it started. Not sure what happened. Battery is of-course brand new. No error codes or warnings. The problem never appeared again.

The only unusual thing I did was to immediately crank the engine as soon as inserting the key and before the dials/displays settle. Can that cause such behavior, like causing a confusion when engine is attempted to start while the displays are doing a self test and booting up?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th July 2021 at 23:14.
Old 30th July 2021, 00:30   #4526
Distinguished - BHPian

^ You do have to wait for the cluster to finish it's song and dance, did you happen to run low on fuel anytime earlier?
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 11:56   #4527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
..did you happen to run low on fuel anytime earlier?
Never. The least ever was at least a quarter of the tank.

Like said, I have a feeling that I just abruptly cranked after inserting the keys and it must have entered into a confused state while the system was booting and probably needed a reset. No idea if that could be the cause. Hope it doesn't occur again
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 15:03   #4528

Mahindra Scorpio SLE check Light blinking on dashboard, vehicle won't start.

Hi,

I have an Scorpio SLE Mhawk engine 2011 model. Due to the lockdown etc., the car is running much less these days. Yesterday it went from Delhi to GNOIDA (60 kms from my place). The car was parked for about 3 hrs. I returned back and parked it a short distance from my home, without any issues. The car had run about 120 kms. Then after some I went to the car and it refused to start. No sign of the starter motor cranking and no sound whatsoever. Tried to crank with the key multiple times with no effect. However, I noticed the ENGINE 'CHECK' light flashing. I had to leave the car and come away.

Today I went back to the car with an ODB2 bluetooth device. Its a generic ELM 327 interface which i had bought off Amazon a few months ago. I downloaded an ODB2 software on my phone and connected it to the device.

The error codes of the faults and their descriptions are attached. Can anyone tell what exactly these mean? Will it require a major effort and money to get these rectified?

Thanks so much!

Rajeev.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-screenshot_20210810114330.png  

rajivxing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:24   #4529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivxing View Post
Hi,

I have an Scorpio SLE Mhawk engine 2011 model. Due to the lockdown etc., the car is running much less these days. Yesterday it went from Delhi to GNOIDA (60 kms from my place). The car was parked for about 3 hrs. I returned back and parked it a short distance from my home, without any issues. The car had run about 120 kms. Then after some I went to the car and it refused to start. No sign of the starter motor cranking and no sound whatsoever. Tried to crank with the key multiple times with no effect. However, I noticed the ENGINE 'CHECK' light flashing. I had to leave the car and come away.

Today I went back to the car with an ODB2 bluetooth device. Its a generic ELM 327 interface which i had bought off Amazon a few months ago. I downloaded an ODB2 software on my phone and connected it to the device.

The error codes of the faults and their descriptions are attached. Can anyone tell what exactly these mean? Will it require a major effort and money to get these rectified?

Thanks so much!

Rajeev.
Posting the reply in Scorpio thread.

If the car was not used much, most likely the battery has given up the ghost. Why not just call the nearest dealer and ask them to check instead of trying all this?
Old 10th August 2021, 16:28   #4530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Posting the reply in Scorpio thread.

If the car was not used much, most likely the battery has given up the ghost. Why not just call the nearest dealer and ask them to check instead of trying all this?
Thanks. Battery is fine. Nearest dealer is easy, but I love to try stuff myself too, and learn in the process... Its interesting that way.

R.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks