Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 18:29   #4381
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Hello
I have a scorpio 2013 A/T. off late I am having a issue which i feel is with the immobilizer. My car suddenly starts blinking parking lights. I am at wits. I have to lock unlock car, press parking light button 2-3 times and it stops. But its not the only solution. The other day I had to open shit all doors and then lock and then it stopped., The car of its own blinks parking light and on the dash the car lock icon flashes. even if i unlock the car it foes on. Only when i start or ACC on or press-unpress parking light it goes.
I am sure its gotta do something with immobilizer.
Any help appreciated
Old 5th March 2018, 15:29   #4382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
Hello
I have a scorpio 2013 A/T. off late I am having a issue which i feel is with the immobilizer. My car suddenly starts blinking parking lights. I am at wits. I have to lock unlock car, press parking light button 2-3 times and it stops. But its not the only solution. The other day I had to open shit all doors and then lock and then it stopped., The car of its own blinks parking light and on the dash the car lock icon flashes. even if i unlock the car it foes on. Only when i start or ACC on or press-unpress parking light it goes.
I am sure its gotta do something with immobilizer.
Any help appreciated
One of the door sensor /switch may be malfunctioning. Hence, when you start the car, the central locking system assumes, one of the door is open and hence, it flashes parking lights.

This is a common problem. Please get them checked
Old 10th March 2018, 00:32   #4383

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The glovebox lid should be available as a separate part easily. Else, the best remedy is to look for both the parts in the scrap market and use them. It will work out cheaper.

BTW, can you post pictures of your glove box lid?
Hello Devdath,

Thanks for the reply.

here are the images of both Rail and Glove box.

Please suggest a scarp market location in Bangalore. I will go and explore if glove box and the rail cap are replaceable.

Regards,
Raghs
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180302_182516091.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180302_182558321.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180302_182505032.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180302_182550499.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180302_182344616.jpg  

Old 10th March 2018, 12:03   #4384
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghp74 View Post
Please suggest a scarp market location in Bangalore. I will go and explore if glove box and the rail cap are replaceable.
I would suggest you start by asking your service advisor if they have discarded vehicles at their bodyshop, most generally do and you can simply swap the part. Otherwise, Shivajinagar is the best place for such items in Bangalore.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 13:40   #4385

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would suggest you start by asking your service advisor if they have discarded vehicles at their bodyshop, most generally do and you can simply swap the part. Otherwise, Shivajinagar is the best place for such items in Bangalore.
Thanks to Mr. Veeresh (SA) from Chrome Motors (Mysore Road). He looked at the same images I shared here and told me all he needs is 5 minute to fix it. Then I took my vehicle there yday he fixed it as he committed. The issue was with detached linkage at the back side. He simply re aligned it.
I got also the new rail caps from them.
Old 16th March 2018, 23:55   #4386
BHPian

Hi Team,

I have Scorpio S10 non-4x4 Nov 2015 model.
The car use to flash engine light and after some time stalls.
As a suggestion from local mechanic I use to push the Diesel filter assembly push button 10-15 times and it starts again without any issue just that the RPM meter fluctuations happens for some mins and then things are smooth.

I tried to accelerate till 4K rpm in 3rd Gear, but it's running fine.Today out of curiosity I went to Mahindra Service and they tried to open the Diesel filter assembly but one of the sensor coupler was fixed using elfee.So, they struggled to remove the Diesel filter a bit too much but able to open that.

The opened filter and diesel collected in polybag. Pics are like .

But the stalling issue is not gone and I have to go in deep to resolve it completely.
T Y A G I is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 20:05   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post

The opened filter and diesel collected in polybag. Pics are like .

But the stalling issue is not gone and I have to go in deep to resolve it completely.
Can you kindly share the pics Tyagi ?
Old 19th March 2018, 00:03   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Can you kindly share the pics Tyagi ?
Ok. Please see the attachments.
My driver told that he went to one of the FNG with my father and the technician over there applied fevi quick on the diesel filter sensor coupler.I was like .

At the Mahindra Authorized service centre I dint reveal that, but they guessed that someone has messed with the Diesel filter as it was tightened beyond the torque also fevi quick applied at the sensor coupler.I asked if the coupler can be fabricated again, they told that it can't be and the whole wiring set will need to be changed.

Today, I have got the new Diesel main line pipe, and planning to get the diesel tank cleaned thoroughly.All this is really painful.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180316_174120116.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180316_175715311.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180316_175423377.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20180316_175605679.jpg  

Old 19th March 2018, 00:17   #4389
BHPian

Quote:

Today, I have got the new Diesel main line pipe, and planning to get the diesel tank cleaned thoroughly.All this is really painful.
Thanks for the pics. Looks like case of heavy fuel adulteration or bad fuel station... Were there any other puncture holes near the filter housing or at the mouth of the tank...so much crud in fuel is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Feeling your pain.
Old 19th March 2018, 02:08   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
..so much crud in fuel is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Feeling your pain.
I am feeling so much heartbroken that I haven't dare to go in-depth.May be on coming Friday I will get the things done listed below if at all these can be done in a day,which I seriously doubt.

1. Clean the Diesel tank.
2. Clean the Fuel pump.
3. Replace the main Diesel line.
4. Replace/wash the newly installed Diesel filter.
5. Use Engine flush and replace the Engine oil.
6. Skimming of Rotor disks.
7. Front and rear Break pad replacement.
8. Get the injectors cleaned/serviced.
9. Get the Front suspension bushes checked/replaced.
10. Get the air filter cleaned.
11. Get the coolant checked/replaced.
12. Interior cleaning/vacuuming.

I want to see my S10 like new and feel like going to Leh with my better half on our marriage anniversary which is just within a month..

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 21st March 2018, 18:34   #4391
BHPian

Scorpio experts out here, do you have any feedback about the metal bumper available in bluegarge.in site

http://bluegarage.in/ProductsViewmore.aspx?Pid=90

My 2010 Scorpio bumper has gone out of shape on account of a minor parking incident, so thinking about changing to a metal bumper. Any feedback / Suggestions welcome

I plan to retain the car for another 1-2 years atleast before changing.
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:50   #4392
BHPian

Hi Team,

Got the Diesel tank and fuel pump cleaned today.Poured in fresh diesel from the HP Station. There was way too much
Trash in the fuel pump base and FNG technician had hard time cleaning that.Took around 3 hours to get it cleaned.

After cleaning the diesel tank and fuel pump, the S10 dint stall even once. Hoping to see smooth rides in coming weekend.Expenses incurred 600 for cleaning and 2300 for fresh diesel.

Team, please advise how to clean/filter the old diesel otherwise I wil have to discard around 45 lt of that.

Regards,
Lalit Tyagi
Old 22nd March 2018, 23:12   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
...Got the Diesel tank and fuel pump cleaned today.Poured in fresh diesel from the HP Station. There was way too much trash in the fuel pump base and FNG technician had hard time cleaning that.Took around 3 hours to get it cleaned.
========
Team, please advise how to clean/filter the old diesel otherwise I wil have to discard around 45 lt of that.
Happy for you T. Good news at last.

Muslin cloth or old banian cloth should do the trick of cleaning. Sell it off to those tractorwala's. Why risk again ?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th March 2019 at 08:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:46   #4394
Senior - BHPian

How have you stored the 45L of diesel. If it is in a few cans, then insert a clean thin a cloth
into an empty can, depress it so that it protrudes about 50mm inside and pour the old diesel. That will get rid of most of the solids.

An alternative method that can be used over a long period (if you get bad diesel) is to use one of those inexpensive "Candle" filters used to purify water. Pour contaminated diesel into the filter and collect clean diesel at the bottom.

None of these will get rid of dissolved contaminant - kerosene and naphtha. If you suspect these contaminants, then try and sell the diesel to either a tractor operator or to those who have a diesel generator.

Last edited by Aroy : 23rd March 2018 at 11:52.
Old 28th March 2018, 19:25   #4395
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I own 2016 April S4 +, My initial 2 years warranty period is coming to an end, Service center guy is pushing for buying extended warranty for next 2 years - costing Rs 27000. Should I buy ? I don't drive much - Just 28K so far in 24 months. What do you guys suggest ?
virgovencat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks