Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2017, 19:06   #4351
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Hello Styler, just an after-thought - you haven't noticed any significant loss in c/case oil (drop in dip-stick level) during this period, have you?
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:01   #4352
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some Inputs on the below problems

Model - 2007
Variant - 2.6 4WD

Issue - Flashing Engine light (Not the check Engine). My car comes with two engine lights

Issue - OBD II unable to read the Model of the Car. Keeps on getting stuck at "checking model" mode - Torque OBD APP and ELM OBD Scanner

Issue started on a 4WD trail, guessing its related to transmission. Have no issues with the engine response or anything related to the engine.

Maybe if am able to get the OBD to read the ECU, then will get some insights, but for now the hardware and software I am using is not helping me progress.
Old 30th August 2017, 16:59   #4353
BHPian

Hi TBHPians,
My Scorpio VLX 4WD is engaging the 4H gear but not the 4L one. Got the electricals checked. They're fine. Please help!
Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:01   #4354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post

In the meantime, anyone has any other ideas or experience about this issue?
Okay, so this happened to me a very very long time back. About 7 years. From what I remember, we lubricated the clutch pedal release bit with a special lubricant supplied by Mahindra apparently, and the noise was gone.

Obviously, we had to keep repeating it to keep the clutch pedal action smooth.

Then I sold the car

I'm sorry I cant be of more help, its been a bit too long for me to remember. I'm also sorry I am replying quite late to your PM and post here. I hope you've solved your situation.

Please also practice depressing the clutch and brake whenever you start the Scorpio, makes a hell of a difference.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 22:04   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
....Please also practice depressing the clutch and brake whenever you start the Scorpio, makes a hell of a difference.
Thank you for your info.
I got everything checked but there is no identifiable problem as such.
I think it's just the characteristic of the car.
The pedal, however, should not break again else I'll have to go through all the nuisance once more.
Old 17th September 2017, 22:32   #4356
BHPian

I am having a problem in my 2012 LX 4wd. Since last 3 days the alarm goes off when the vehicle is locked. There is no pattern to the alarm.
Doors are still locked even after alarm goes off, so i don't think it is a problem with autocop.
There are no warning lights during ignition and vehicle is fine, no loss of power...
Absolutely no issues while driving.
Today i drove for 30 mins and then when i locked it immediately the alarm went off, then i unlocked it and locked again. It was fine.
When i reached home, i parked inside the garage and locked it. After 1 hour the alarm went off.
The alarm used to go off every 15 mins after locking, so i have parked without locking.
This is a covered garage with locked shutters, so no worry of any theft.
With Torque Pro, i found below fault codes P1502, P1609 and P1645. Not able to find any info on the net.
Any help anyone...?
Old 22nd September 2017, 00:24   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
......Today, I noticed that the pipe had oil and consequently dust on it. Oil was not dripping and the pipe was not fully covered with dust but yes, it felt oily and dusty to touch. I m posting a few pics of the same if they help clarify the situation.

What is your take on this? Could this be one of the reasons? I still see no loss of pick up, black smoke or any other outwardly symptoms.

Hello Devdath,

Were you able to resolve this?
I'm having similar issues - would help if you can share what you did to resolve this (if yes).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th March 2019 at 08:35. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:43   #4358
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Were you able to resolve this?
Yes I was. It was done in two steps.

1. I removed the hose (in fact both the TC hoses), cleaned them with diesel and soap water, put gasket sealant around the neck and tightened the circlips and that fix lasted me till 80k km.

2. At 100k km, it was back in a minor fashion and instead of using the same hose, I replaced all the hoses and the issue was gone for good.
Old 24th September 2017, 05:54   #4359
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Back in India after 6 weeks, the Scorpio (2008) running perfectly thanks to the dedicated weekly start managed by the better half.

However the following seem to have gone kaput:

i. Both the front and rear glass washer motors (4th pair in last 3 years).
ii. The TPMS is struck at front left tyre indicator blinking and display showing SE. Any pointers on how to reset the system, nothing seems to be working.
iii. The engine check light came in for a few kms., however on stopping and unplugging the ECU connection and restarting it is gone.
Congratulations, m_upreti, on retaining your Scorpio 2008 with good doses of TLC! Our Scorpio Glx 2004 is still going strong & we don't plan to part with it either. Apart from routine & regular maintenance, we have had to replace tyres 3 times (1.8 L kms, the odo cable broke at 1.6!) & I change the air filter every every 5-10K km compulsorily. C/case oil, oil & fuel filters changed every 5K km. Clutch & brake fluids renewed as per the chart.

What I have ignored is the screen washer operation (erratic & irregular) & the internal courtesy lights (door switches not easily available) which dont work. Since this work-horse has been with us through thick & thin over the years, we cant think of parting with it (even tho' there is talk of going in for a new one).
Old 24th September 2017, 09:47   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post

What I have ignored is the screen washer operation (erratic & irregular) & the internal courtesy lights (door switches not easily available) which dont work. Since this work-horse has been with us through thick & thin over the years, we cant think of parting with it (even tho' there is talk of going in for a new one).
Shashanka

About the windshield washer I was also having frequent problems in the front windshield washer. I removed the metal pipe on the bonnet and connected a good quality plastic pipe straight from the motor to the nozzle and the washer has been working perfectly ever since. The metal pipe in the middle is thin, gets rusted and blocked and does not let enough pressure pass through.

About the door switched over the years I have noticed that it is mainly the earthing which does not pass through after some time and the problem is not with the switches. The solution that worked for me is I pull out the switch and I clean the circumference of the hole where the two metal strips of the switch touch to pass the earthing. I scrub it with a screw driver or a file.

And I just saw I missed your query about the drop in oil level in the Scorpio when the engine not stalling problem happens. No the oil level does not go down, so this problem at high altitudes has to do something with the fuel (diesel) rather than the oil.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 24th September 2017 at 09:49.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 04:56   #4361
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Shashanka
About the windshield washer.....
Styler
Thanks, Styler - I shall follow your suggestions re. the screen washer & the courtesy lights & revert. And about the engine not shutting down at higher altitudes - have you had any opportunity to observe any recurrence of the problem? Or has it mercifully disappeared on its own!
Shashanka

Last edited by shashanka : 25th September 2017 at 05:15.
Old 25th September 2017, 18:04   #4362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Our Scorpio Glx 2004 is still going strong & we don't plan to part with it either.
2004, awesome, its a workhorse, you get attached to it despite the quirks. Almost sold mine twice, there are a couple of people in the locality who want to buy it off and send it back home (one in rural Maharashtra and other in Gujarat).

My current woes include:

1. Fading paint in sploches on the roof and bonnet.
2. The transparent plastic lamination of the snout started coming off so I have painstakingly peeled it off as best as I could. But it looks discoloured.
3. The Engine Check light is persisting, not getting time to go to a mechanic to get it checked.
4. The front and rear washers are still defunct.
5. The horn gave up but found out the break in wire after 1 hour of DIY and replaced the entire piece.
6. The Auto cop alarm does not work but the security system is working so no worries.
7. Tyres (2nd set) have reached their end of life and one of them is running with a tube after a bad cut. Have an offer from the neighbour tyrewallah for Rs. 10000 for the set of 5 good as new tubeless tyres. Not going for them since I suspect something is amiss and may be will run them for a few more months as the running is pretty low doe to my frequent travels and no one else to drive.
8. The battery seems to be on the last legs (3rd one) though it is cranking on first go, but a few days standing I feel it will give a problem.

The good things:
1. The alloys are still perfect
2. The interiors are spic and span except for a stain made by sugar cane juice in the 1st year itself which no one was able to take off.
3. The Panasonic media player system I got as a replacement of the original one going on strong.

Currently no plans to sell unless I settle down and go back to the 9 to 5 kind of a job as against travelling overseas for the better part of the month. Then the choice goes on between the XUV5OO or the Compass or the New Scorpio expected around Diwali.
Old 13th October 2017, 13:05   #4363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
I am having a problem in my 2012 LX 4wd. Since last 3 days the alarm goes off when the vehicle is locked. There is no pattern to the alarm.
Quoting my own post, as there were no replies.

Posting the solution here for the benefit of all bhpians.
The issue was with autocop, it seems it has a feature which detects if the audio system has been stolen. So, the wire connecting from the autocop to the audio system was not connected properly when i installed a Android head unit and was left dangling. As and when it touched a metal part (when the vehicle was locked), it used trigger the alarm.
Got this fixed now.

Another issue has come now after replacing the brake pads. After replacement of the pads, getting a weird squealing noise once the brakes warm-up. The new ones are from TVS Girling.
There was uneven wear in the previous pads, the right pad had completely worn out where the left pads had still some life in them.
My FNG is suspecting that the right disc may have deformed causing the quick wear out.
Today he cleaned all the brake pads, but still the squealing persists. The vehicle has run 500 KMS in the new pads.
He is suspecting that the new pads are defective. He is now sourcing old pads and we will try them tomorrow. If these work fine, then we have to change the new pads.
Need help from the pros here. What else could be wrong, anything else to be checked/cleaned?
gypsyFreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 15:39   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Another issue has come now after replacing the brake pads. After replacement of the pads, getting a weird squealing noise once the brakes warm-up. The new ones are from TVS Girling.
1. Is the screaching sound coming continuously ? Or is it like keech <timegap> keech <timegap> keech (Try reproducing the sound at low speed)

if it is continuous sound, then, probably, the gap between brake pad and disc need to be increased.
If it is broken sound with time gap, then, the disc might be out of alignment. It has to be given to turning in the lathe machine and the surface becomes smooth
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 20:51   #4365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
1. Is the screaching sound coming continuously ? Or is it like keech <timegap> keech <timegap> keech (Try reproducing the sound at low speed)

if it is continuous sound, then, probably, the gap between brake pad and disc need to be increased.
If it is broken sound with time gap, then, the disc might be out of alignment. It has to be given to turning in the lathe machine and the surface becomes smooth
It is a continuous sound.
After the breaks are warmed up, the squealing starts the moment breaks are applied and stops the when the breaks are released. Again starts on re-applying.
Is it ok to increase the gap between brake pad and disc? Will it affect the brake performance?
Will the squealing go off once the brake pad wear out a bit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks