Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 13:12   #4231
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharathScorp View Post
Had the EGR Vacuum modulator replaced just couple of months back. Again it broke down after a long drive. Took to Chrome motors, Bengaluru today and replacement was done in just 20 mins under warranty. Extremely happy customer with Abhilash as service advisor and Mr. Achar as prime mechanic. Staff was kind enough to explain in detail about both EGR and Turbo modulators.
Urgent help needed!

Today I have given my Scorpio at Koncept Motors NOIDA for annual service and have just been informed that the EGR Modulator is faulty and needs to be replaced. I was further informed that this will not be covered under Extended Warranty! I am not sure if the MASS is trying to pull a fast one on me.

Btw, I have had the Vaccum modulator changed under same Extended Warranty last year (in June) but now the SA claims that it was taken out of warranty list around 4-5 months back.

EDIT: When I referred to them the experience shared by Sharath (at Chrome Motors, BLR) - they have asked for the car no. on which the modulator claims to have been changed under warranty in Dec. (still adamant that it will not be covered under extended warranty)

Last edited by Puneet.S : 11th March 2016 at 13:22.
Old 11th March 2016, 13:41   #4232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Urgent help needed!

Today I have given my Scorpio at Koncept Motors NOIDA for annual service and have just been informed that the EGR Modulator is faulty and needs to be replaced. I was further informed that this will not be covered under Extended Warranty! I am not sure if the MASS is trying to pull a fast one on me.

Btw, I have had the Vaccum modulator changed under same Extended Warranty last year (in June) but now the SA claims that it was taken out of warranty list around 4-5 months back.

EDIT: When I referred to them the experience shared by Sharath (at Chrome Motors, BLR) - they have asked for the car no. on which the modulator claims to have been changed under warranty in Dec. (still adamant that it will not be covered under extended warranty)
Contact Mahindra ASAP - they have a 24 hour customer care and I have found them to be very responsive. They can just change the terms on a whim.
Old 11th March 2016, 13:49   #4233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
They can just change the terms on a whim.
A.k.a "Goodwill warranty".

@Puneet.S - Drop a mail to the ids shown below:

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-mmcc.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th March 2016, 14:00   #4234
BHPian

Quote:
Contact Mahindra ASAP - they have a 24 hour customer care and I have found them to be very responsive. They can just change the terms on a whim.
Called their customer care just now, they have 'noted my concern' and have promised to have it looked into within a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
A.k.a "Goodwill warranty".

@Puneet.S - Drop a mail to the ids shown below:

Attachment 1484699

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks for the email ids Vikram, will drop in a mail.

I need to take the delivery of my vehicle by today evening so will pay if they insist (which they do) and follow this matter up afterwards. Lets hope that a clarification is given out on this issue.
Old 11th March 2016, 14:48   #4235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I... have just been informed that the EGR Modulator is faulty and needs to be replaced. I was further informed that this will not be covered under Extended Warranty!

...SA claims that it was taken out of warranty list around 4-5 months back.
ALL electronic and electrical items apart from the battery and bulbs are covered under extended warranty. Ask the SA to put down what he's saying, in writing - especially if you are paying for the vacuum modulator now to take delivery of the vehicle. Then escalate the matter to the customer care email ID. If they do not respond within 2 working days, you can escalate the matter to Mr. Sandeep Dhond.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 11th March 2016 at 14:51.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 14:59   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
ALL electronic and electrical items apart from the battery and bulbs are covered under extended warranty. Ask the SA to put down what he's saying, in writing - especially if you are paying for the vacuum modulator now to take delivery of the vehicle. Then escalate the matter to the customer care email ID. If they do not respond within 2 working days, you can escalate the matter to Mr. Sandeep Dhond.
Will do Sir, i have turned up the heat a bit on them - have told them (on the phone) clearly that I need them to give me the same in writing and that I intend to follow this matter up. Lets see how it turns out...
Old 12th March 2016, 14:21   #4237
BHPian

Took the delivery yesterday evening and am pleased to inform you all that the EGR modulator was not charged for (i.e., changed under extended warranty). Thanks all, for your valuable guidance.

What did the trick, in my opinion: as I had written earlier - I told the SA very firmly that I need it in writing that the modulator is not covered under warranty and also made it very clear that I will follow it up with concerned people. I guess it did the trick and upon reaching the MASS for delivery I was informed by the SA that he has managed to take a special approval for FoC replacement under 'goodwill' (yeah right) from his manager. I made it known to him (indirectly) though that I did not really believe it to be the case.

My earlier experiences with this Mahindra service center (Koncept NOIDA) have mostly been positive (i've had fuel filter assembly and vaccum modulator replaced under warranty without any problems) but the direction now they seem to be taking is not encouraging at all - I have one more year of extended warranty left and pray that I would not have to visit them again for another issue. After the warranty is over - its goodbye MASS for sure, my vehicle shall be going to a FNG who is not hell bent on cheating and fleecing a customer's hard earned money!

Also, I have received no follow up at all to the call which I made to Mahindra customer care yesterday.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 12th March 2016 at 14:29.
Puneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:32   #4238
BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery yesterday evening and am pleased to inform you all that the EGR modulator was not charged for (i.e., changed under extended warranty). Thanks all, for your valuable guidance.
=============
Also, I have received no follow up at all to the call which I made to Mahindra customer care yesterday.
Good to hear the part was changed under warranty. But its concerning to know the kinds of tricks the so-called "authorized" SVCs try to pull.
I wont be surprised if they charge you for the part and then bill it to Mahindra also for warranty replacement.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 09:09. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 12th March 2016, 20:16   #4239
BHPian

Is there a trend ( ☺). Second time my vacuum modulator needs tossing out.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:35   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Is there a trend ( ☺). Second time my vacuum modulator needs tossing out.
Simply put - crappy part quality, Mahindra seems to treat modulators as if they are a consumable part..
Old 14th March 2016, 12:40   #4241
BHPian

Quote:
I wont be surprised if they charge you for the part and then bill it to Mahindra also for warranty replacement.
I don't think they can bill Mahindra because it needs to be mentioned in the bill as a warranty FoC replacement (code: WARR) only then will Mahindra re-imburse them for the part/labour.

Still haven't heard anything from Mahindra customer care and now I doubt that they will ever respond.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 14th March 2016 at 12:47. Reason: Sorry for the back to back post, request mods to please merge with previous post.
Old 14th March 2016, 20:40   #4242
BHPian

Vaccum modulator seems to be a common part to give way. Took my BIL's scorpio for the cam last Sat and the changed within warranty. This is just a year and half old car.
Old 16th March 2016, 15:03   #4243

Friends, I have an S6 variant and replaced the stock ICE with a Pioneer 289BT, however I completely lost the "Voice Messaging System" feature and I was told by the SA at the ASC that it is part of the stock ICE unit. Any pointers on how to get this feature back in the new ICE?
Old 16th March 2016, 19:02   #4244
BHPian

I am looking to source Interior lights for My Scorpio LX. Both the front (Middle) and rear lights switches have broken. I sourced the web and found the part numbers.

For the LX Interior lamp, the part number is 1702BA0020N. When I checked at MASS, I found they are priced exorbitantly. One lamp costs 1400 plus labor charges. Motrpart.in specifies the price somewhere in the range of 400-500.

If the above one is not available, I can go for another one that is availablei n the new generation of Scorpio. Part No. 1702BAA00301B - Interior Rear Roof Lamp.

Would the Scorpio brethren from Chennai know the place where I can find lights at similar prices. I am ok to have it ordered online as well, provided the price is right
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-189interiorlamp1702ba0020n33c101.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-1789interiorrearrooflamp1702baa00301b0b18c1.jpg  

Old 16th March 2016, 21:07   #4245
Senior - BHPian

I'd say you should go for after market LED lighting. Sorry I do not know where exactly you should look, but I do know there are many options available in our markets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks