Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 18:45   #4096
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlerod View Post
Both the vehicles have similar suspension specifications. The difference is because of the condition of the hydraulic dampers (also known as 'shock absorbers'). Over time and usage patterns, the dampers can loose their potency which can lead to a very 'springy' suspension. Lesser the dampening offered by this component, more is the free up and down motion of the vehicle.

In your particular case this is surely the cause of the difference in ride quality between the two Scorpios!
Thanks Axelrod, My vehicle is done 54k kms and old one had 150k on the odo and I use my vehicle very carefully and the old one was used extensively in the rural areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Check all the suspension linkage bushes, and examine for damper leaks.
Thank You SST, is this something that I can check or will I have to take it to the A$$ ? If I have to check it myself, please guide me to some DIY articles or if I have to take to A$$, what should I ask them to check ? I regularly service my vehicle at Sireesh Auto near Jakkur at Bangalore.

Now that I know something is wrong, I would like to point out another behaviour, When I take the vehicle on multiple small humps or on the uneven roads, when the road is straight, the back wheels of the get off the straight line ? Is this normal ?

Please pardon my ignorance guys, I cant talk the underpinnings of the vehicle

Last edited by 2500cc : 7th September 2015 at 18:52.
Old 7th September 2015, 19:01   #4097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
...will I have to take it to the A$$ ? If I have to check it myself, please guide me to some DIY articles or if I have to take to A$$, what should I ask them to check ?
Need to lift the car on a ramp, or slide underneath, to check. If not the ASC, you could try to get S K Autozone to check and address the issue.
Old 7th September 2015, 19:06   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Need to lift the car on a ramp, or slide underneath, to check. If not the ASC, you could try to get S K Autozone to check and address the issue.
Thanks again Sir, will get this checked this week and update the status here.
Old 7th September 2015, 19:13   #4099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Thanks again Sir, will get this checked this week and update the status here.
Quote:
Small correction: the name is S K Karzone.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 10:44   #4100
Team-BHP Support

The cooling coil failed in my 2013 VLX. Is this a common failure in Scorpio? Has been replaced and 40K service being done as I write.

Keeping fingers crossed for the slave cylinder issue.
Old 8th September 2015, 11:02   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
This is a precision job but it needs to be done. The Bosch service centre would be the right place.
Thanks Anup Ji.
Does anybody have the contact info of the Bosch Authorized diesel service center in New Delhi, preferably South Delhi ?
Old 8th September 2015, 16:21   #4102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Thanks Anup Ji.
Does anybody have the contact info of the Bosch Authorized diesel service center in New Delhi, preferably South Delhi ?
UNIVERSAL AUTOMOTIVES PVT. LTD.
54-55, Transport Centre, (General Store) Rohtak Road,
Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi - 110035, India
Phone: +(91)-(11)-28311114, 28311115, 43751114
Fax : +(91)-(11)-28312064
Mobile : +(91)-9818162064
Email : uapl@universalautomotives.com

or

Bosch Diesel Service Garage
Dashmesh Diesel Service
Street 11, Gokhale Market
New Delhi 110054
011-23913537
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 23:34   #4103
BHPian

Hello guys,

I've driven all the way from Chandigarh to Pune (I'll be here for 2 days) and then I'll be proceeding towards Kerala and back. My friend's Scorpio 2014 4x4 is pulling towards the left and the steering is also shaking when I brake. For my life of me I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I got the alignment done in Chandigarh. Can anybody recommend a real good mechanic in Pune or which authorised service centre I should go to?

Thanks!

Last edited by cataclysm : 8th September 2015 at 23:35.
Old 8th September 2015, 23:48   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Hello guys,

I've driven all the way from Chandigarh to Pune (I'll be here for 2 days) and then I'll be proceeding towards Kerala and back. My friend's Scorpio 2014 4x4 is pulling towards the left and the steering is also shaking when I brake. For my life of me I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I got the alignment done in Chandigarh. Can anybody recommend a real good mechanic in Pune or which authorised service centre I should go to?

Thanks!
You need to get the camber checked and corrected. Since the camber correction job is a time consuming process (metal spacers called 'seams' need to be added or removed from where the wishbones are bolted) therefore most alignment shops do not correct the same.

A tell tale sign of incorrect camber is the tyre getting worn out from one of the edges.
Old 9th September 2015, 00:01   #4105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlerod View Post
You need to get the camber checked and corrected...
The car is running on IronMan suspension, the camber was out earlier (a month or so back, tyres were getting worn out from sides), but the problem has been solved now (guy put 2 spacers on the right side)

Could this be something related to the suspension?

Just before the trip, I got the tyres changed. This wasn't happening with the previous tyres but after the tyre change this thing cropped up.

So I'm really clueless
Old 9th September 2015, 14:18   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
The car is running on IronMan suspension, the camber was out earlier (a month or so back, tyres were getting worn out from sides), but the problem has been solved now (guy put 2 spacers on the right side)

Could this be something related to the suspension?

Just before the trip, I got the tyres changed. This wasn't happening with the previous tyres but after the tyre change this thing cropped up.

So I'm really clueless
Did you get the camber correction after putting in a new set of tyres? As good practice you should go in for a comprehensive balance, toe and camber correction exercise after putting in a new set of tyres (even after rotation).

Camber measurement is done with the tyre on the ground. So the idiosyncrasies of the current tyre are taken into account for the adjustment. Putting in a new, even tyre throws the whole thing out of whack again.

How much of the IronMan set have you put in? Replaced torsion bars et al?

Besides the adjustable characteristics mentioned, if the suspension was performing fine with the old set of tyres then there should not be any problem with it.
On an unrelated note this problem can also be caused by 'torque steer' which is more of a concern in front wheel drive vehicles (XUV500) or if the front drive train of a 4WD is engaged (which I am sure is not in your case)
Old 29th September 2015, 10:28   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday my Scorpio started behaving a bit weird.

It started with the wipers coming on automatically and were not getting switched off unless the engine is shut off. I had to literally travel the 5 kms. to office starting and shutting part of the way and using the spray in the interim. The wipers would stop for some time after shut down and start again automatically. Checked for the sensor also but the auto wiper switch was off al the time.

Parallely the brakes also lost part of the bite and were really hard to press.

Suspecting some electronics glitch I disconnected the battery for a few hours and later in the night while leaving for home when I connected it, the same behaviour started again. However this time it was with more components:

1. Wipers were running
2. TPMS lights were flashing randomly (green)
3. The anti pinch on the driver window stopped working
4. Cabin lights stopped working

After starting and switching off a few times the issue automatically went away and today also the car ran fine to the office and all components are working.

The only thing is the brakes which seem to be having some problems still.

Any suggestions ideas please.

Last edited by m_upreti : 29th September 2015 at 10:30.
Old 1st October 2015, 16:39   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Yesterday my Scorpio started behaving a bit weird.

It started with the wipers coming on automatically and were not getting switched off unless the engine is shut off...
Parallely the brakes also lost part of the bite and were really hard to press.
Any suggestions ideas please.
I've seen some of these weird things happening when the alternator was packing up. It was overcharging the battery and because of which, weird stuff was happening in the car as well - in my case, the blower was randomly switching between face, foot, face&foot, and windshield modes! Again, the mysterious self-healing of the Scorpio set in and it sorted itself out. But a few days later the alternator went bust (the bearing gave out, so had to change it). Initially, I changed only the rectifier, but that didn't last a week.

Get a full wiring check done - and also look for signs of frayed wiring or rat damage.
Roshun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:01   #4109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
I've seen some of these weird things happening when the alternator was packing up. It was overcharging the battery and because of which, weird stuff was happening in the car as well - in my case, the blower was randomly switching between face, foot, face&foot, and windshield modes! Again, the mysterious self-healing of the Scorpio set in and it sorted itself out. But a few days later the alternator went bust (the bearing gave out, so had to change it). Initially, I changed only the rectifier, but that didn't last a week.

Get a full wiring check done - and also look for signs of frayed wiring or rat damage.
Thanks, it got sorted out through the "self healing feature"

The wiring & fuses seem to be ok, however the brakes continue to be hard, will have to do a complete check of the vacuum system for leakages.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:41   #4110
BHPian

I was driving to Coonoor for the long weekend. After a night's stay at Salem, I decided to drive up. I didn't see any warnings coming up and my vehicle was cruising at 130kms/hr. Suddenly at one stretch, I wanted to downshift owing to the heavy traffic and a toll ahead. The gear shifter was jammed and I had to slowly drive another one KM to bring the vehicle to a halt. I tried to get the gear shifter to the neutral position and it wouldn't come back. My family was in the car and I had a 3 year old sitting at the back

Sensing some trouble I called up the RSA and I had support from SKS automobiles Salem after an arduous wait of an hour and 15 minutes. The technician looked at the vehicle and mentioned that the gear is jammed between 3 and 5th gear which sounded weird for me. But he released the shift by moving the vehicle a bit forward and he did apply considerable amount of pressure - How is this possible? Am I looking at a potential gearbox problem for the future if not now?

Is there a way to check this without opening the gearbox. The ASM's cost a bomb just to open and check the gearbox

We did a test run of the vehicle for 15-20 kms before we started to move up to Coonor and the vehicle was behaving normally. I did not encounter the problem again and the vehicle cruised its way back home in one stretch of 580kms yesterday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks