Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 11:08   #4126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Brake Issue Identified and temporarily resolved.
Finally the issue was identified to the punctured Vacuum / air box. The said box has rusted due to water accumulation on the wire harness below it.

The part is not available anywhere in Navi Mumbai. Will have to probably go to a Mumbai SS or try my luck at the auto parts market in Kurla over the week.

Temporary jugad, is sealing through MSeal, the car has run about 40 Kms post this no issues found.

The check light is still on, will have to get it cleared through the OBD Scanner.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700144.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101700143.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101800146.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2015101800145.jpg  

Old 19th October 2015, 13:48   #4127
BHPian

I have peculiar problem in my Scorpio.
While driving in 4th or 5th gear, upon acceleration the RPM rises rapidly, lowers and then rises gradually.
For example, when i am 4th or 5th gear at 2500 RPM, when press the accelerator, the RPM shoots upto 3100 and then drops to 2800 and then gradually rises. Even the engine sound increases during the RPM spike. The vehicle starts moving only after the RPM spike.
I observed the following things:
1. There is no such issue while in neutral, 1st or 2nd gear
2. In 3rd gear there is slight spike at 4000 RPM
3. There is no Check Engine light

The vehicle was standing without use for 1 month. This issue is happening after that.

What could be the problem?

I am planning to get the following done:
1. Air filter clean
2. Intercooler servicing
3. Injector cleaning

Need advice on what could be the issue and what else can be done in addition to the above.
Old 19th October 2015, 19:50   #4128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto View Post
I have now been using a 4wd Scorpio for eight years and clocked 125000 kms. My observation is that the design of the car is very good. The problem is with the service people appointed by Mahindra. Being an auto mechanic myself with more than 40 years of work experience I can see the poor quality of work and indifferent attitude which is putting customers off.

My latest experience with their milestone repair agency at Parel was that after they replaced my wheel bearings they tightened the setting nut so much that the wheel hub became hot and after 10kms my steering started pulling due to seizure. I had to go back and got the wheels loosened after which it is OK. So please recheck everything after they work on it.

Mod note: Post edited for improper capitalization and punctuation mark placement. Please type and check properly before posting. Thanks.
I had a similar experience. Before a trip to Lahaul Spiti this year sent vehicle for checks. The bottom lug of front right assembly was tightened beyond need and then suddenly at night near Tapri the front right side started making a strange repetitive thud since the break assembly was loose. Thankfully a bolero pickup mechanic was walking back home and helped getting a spare nut.
Old 19th October 2015, 21:29   #4129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post

What could be the problem?
I suspect the clutch plate. Do have that inspected and ruled out; then go for further diagnosis.
Old 20th October 2015, 16:14   #4130
Senior - BHPian

These days I feel excessive vibration in my scorpio mHawk 4WD whenever the car crosses 2500 rpm when accelerating and changing gears.

What could be the possible reason ? Check where ?
Old 20th October 2015, 16:57   #4131
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Check u-joints for play; also check engine and gearbox mounts. Tighten body-to-chassis fixing bolts.
Old 20th October 2015, 17:26   #4132
Senior - BHPian

And a lot of funny things happen now. Sometimes the 4WD Low light comes on by itself while the vehicle is very much in 2 H.

One day and then sometimes after that maybe once a week the headlight doesn't go off when I switch it off from the light control stalks. I did find a solution however, turn on the engine again and then shut it off, the headlights will switch off.

Last month at 4 yrs and 7 months of ownership ( Its a Feb 2011 model ) and 42,000 KM on the odometer I changed the pair of front shockers. There was a rattling sound from the underside. On examination at Mahindra city service, the left side shockers rubber bush had been torn. They recommended change this LHS shock absorber but I preferred to change the front pair.
Old 21st October 2015, 00:32   #4133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
the left side shockers rubber bush had been torn.
Common problem. No point changing the whole damper for the sake of the bush. It's a straight fit from the Fiat (Premier) front suspension kit. Costs some Rs.40-50 to replace, and works well for 30-40 thousand km.
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:08   #4134
BHPian

On my way from Jabalpur to Khajuraho, after 5 kms in the morning, "Low oil pressure" is coming when the engine speed is below 1500 rpm. Called helpline and came to Star Automobile (MP) at Jabalpur bypass and waiting for people to arrive. Any help or suggestion by any of the fellow bhpians are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Sudipta Ganguly
+91 8297238333
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:11   #4135
BHPian

Update to my earlier problem. The advisors were very cooperative at Star Jabalpur and they changed the engine oil pressure sensor and all is well after that. Thanks to Mahindra helpline and the star Automobile team for a great support and timely help.
Old 26th October 2015, 13:07   #4136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The check light is still on, will have to get it cleared through the OBD Scanner.
Had a long trip over the weekend 800 Km odd, no issues faced as far as the brakes and performance is concerned.

I was able to make decent speeds.

Somewhere over the ghats the check light went off automatically. The part (air box) is still not available, but the MSeal is holding well.

Mumbai - Shiridi (via Nasik) - 279 Kms (home to hotel)
Shiridi - Shignapur - Shiridi - 156 Kms
Shiridi - Nasik - Nasik Local - 145 Kms
Nasik - Matheran - 176 Kms
Matheran - Mumbai - 63 Kms
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:30   #4137
BHPian

Guys, from yesterday there is a rotating humming noise coming in my Scorpio. It is on straight road and speed above 30KMPH, irrespective of the gear. The sound is present while cruising with engine off. There is some vibrations in the steering as well.
I am suspecting a conked front wheel bearing.
Planning to get this and clutch issue (RPM spike while accelerating) checked at FNG tomorrow.

Any idea if conked wheel bearing can lead to steering vibrations?
Would it be better to replace both front wheel bearings together?
Old 4th November 2015, 13:30   #4138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Guys, from yesterday there is a rotating humming noise coming in my Scorpio. It is on straight road and speed above 30KMPH, irrespective of the gear. The sound is present while cruising with engine off. There is some vibrations in the steering as well.
I am suspecting a conked front wheel bearing.
Planning to get this and clutch issue (RPM spike while accelerating) checked at FNG tomorrow.

Any idea if conked wheel bearing can lead to steering vibrations?
Would it be better to replace both front wheel bearings together?
It can be the wheel bearing, in which case the affected wheel hub will be very hot after a short run. Check each hub after a 5km ride and see if one of them is hotter than the other three.

Another reason can be the differential, in that case the hum will come from the rear. If that is the case then you have to get the differential checked and the crown/pinion replaced.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 10:02   #4139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It can be the wheel bearing, in which case the affected wheel hub will be very hot after a short run. Check each hub after a 5km ride and see if one of them is hotter than the other three...
I took it to FNG and during test drive and saw that it was pulling heavily to the left. Jacked up and rotated the front wheels. Felt the grinding vibration from front left wheel. FNG confirmed that bearings are gone.
Got the inner and outer bearings replaced of both the wheels and greasing done for Rs 3600/-
Now the sound has disappeared. Will keep monitoring for next few days, hopefully it should be resolved now.
Old 15th November 2015, 08:14   #4140
BHPian

I am in Rishikesh and wanted to start for Delhi but my Non-CRDE 2004 Scorpio refuses to start.
All of its 12 years it has always cranked up on a single self.
Yesterday morning it took 4-5 self attempts to start and had me concerned. After that through the day I drove around 300kms without a problem.
It's not cold, the battery is fine.
Today morning it refuses to start.
I tried pumping with the lever over the diesel filters. That does become hard after some pumps but the Scorpio refuses to start.
I have called for a local mechanic, I thought I will post here to get some ideas about what could be wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks