Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
.... What do you guys suggest ?
You could give it a pass.
Old 28th March 2018, 22:33   #4397
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghp74 View Post
....Recently my glove box door got damaged. Is it possible to replace only the glove box door? if yes approximately how much it costs.

Another issue is related to overhead rail. Somehow one of the plates (backside) which cover the rails and has a screws on top is missing. Is this part available separately or entire rail needs to be replaced?
It is available through Mahindra ASC parts departments. May not be available ex stock but they can order it.
The same team will help you with the rail screws and its cover too.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th March 2019 at 08:32. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 31st March 2018, 12:40   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

I own 2016 April S4 +, My initial 2 years warranty period is coming to an end, Service center guy is pushing for buying extended warranty for next 2 years - costing Rs 27000. Should I buy ? I don't drive much - Just 28K so far in 24 months. What do you guys suggest ?
For a Mahindra vehicle, I would strongly suggest opting for extended warranty. I have a 2013 model SLE (with sparse running ~12k kms a year) and have had the following parts fail and changed under (extended) warranty during first 4 years:

1. Fuel Filter Assembly
2. EGR Modulator
3. Ignition Switch Assembly
4. Vaccum Modulator

In my case, the cumulative amount of above parts and associated labour charges have exceeded what I paid for extended warranty.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 31st March 2018 at 12:41.
Puneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 09:15   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

I own 2016 April S4 +, My initial 2 years warranty period is coming to an end, Service center guy is pushing for buying extended warranty for next 2 years - costing Rs 27000. Should I buy ? I don't drive much - Just 28K so far in 24 months. What do you guys suggest ?
I would suggest you go for it, things start going downhill with parts which are expensive and without the extended warranty you may end up spending much more, additionally it will give you the piece of mind.

This is 9+ years of experience with my VLX speaking, though post the 5th year I haven't spent much despite being told that the suspension is defunct (by the A.S.S. guy), the beast still runs strong.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 21:32   #4400
Senior - BHPian

Had a malfunction with my 2008 VLX. I drove for about 3 Kms. and then had to get some quick work done and with the better half and 1.5 yr old I left the car idling with AC on. It took longer than the few mts. and the engine was running for about 10 mts or so.

Once I got back amd moved after about 500 mts. the car started giving audion alert "Alert" "Alert" and the temperature gauge red light started flashing and the needle was almost at the right end corner. I immediately parked and shut down and opened the bonnet, the engine compartment was very hit but the coolent bottle was at full mark. To be sure I half unscrewed the radiator cap and steam accompanied by boiling water gushed out. I topped up the coolent bottle with half a liter of drinking water and by the time I looked at the dashboatd the needle was at normal mark (slighly on the left of the center mark). I started and came back home (around 4 kms.) with no further incident.

Please advise if any further action or checking is required apart from draining the now water mixed coolent and refilling afresh.
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:32   #4401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Had a malfunction with my 2008 VLX. I drove for about 3 Kms. and .......Please advise if any further action or checking is required apart from draining the now water mixed coolent and refilling afresh.

Please get the wax element thermostatic valve - for coolant temperature control - checked. This has given problem once in our 2004 Glx. I assume that this component was still being used - the wax element - on your later model and can easily be checked for malfunction.

Last edited by shashanka : 23rd April 2018 at 07:36.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 12:58   #4402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scorpio 2.6 Turbo Plus Overheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
It would be worth testing the coolant temperature sensor.
All you need is an electric kettle with water. Have the coolant temp sensor unmounted and dip it in the kettle (with the wiring in place), turn on the kettle and keep watching the temperature gauge. If it goes up smoothly right up to the boiling point you can then turn the kettle off and start diluting the water with cold water and see if the gauge comes down smoothly. You can repeat this test, just to be sure.
Anup ji, can you advise on the location of this sensor. I am facing an issue where I drove for about 3 Kms. and then had to get some quick work done and with the better half and 1.5 yr old I left the car idling with AC on. It took longer than the few mts. and the engine was running for about 10 mts or so.

Once I got back amd moved after about 500 mts. the car started giving audion alert "Alert" "Alert" and the temperature gauge red light started flashing and the needle was almost at the right end corner. I immediately parked and shut down and opened the bonnet, the engine compartment was very hit but the coolent bottle was at full mark. To be sure I half unscrewed the radiator cap and steam accompanied by boiling water gushed out. I topped up the coolent bottle with half a liter of drinking water and by the time I looked at the dashboatd the needle was at normal mark (slighly on the left of the center mark). I started and came back home (around 4 kms.) with no further incident.
Old 7th June 2018, 02:28   #4403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Please get the wax element thermostatic valve - for coolant temperature control - checked. This has given problem once in our 2004 Glx. I assume that this component was still being used - the wax element - on your later model and can easily be checked for malfunction.
The part was changed and finally time to part with the trusted workhorse for last almost 9 years. I sold it last week with a heavy heart.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-20180531_103918.jpg  

Old 7th June 2018, 05:16   #4404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Dear All,
The AC of my my Scorpio 2003 Non-CRDE failed. I had given it to Manjit Singh of Cool Days in Lajpat Nagar to get it fixed.
He changed the Cooling coil which had leaked, and serviced the Compressor (changed Bearings plate etc). I paid him 15300 for the job.
During Removal and Assembly of the Dashboard they seem to have totally screwed up the AC control panel with the 3 Knobs. The direction Flow Knob will not work, and the knob for the Fan speed will not turn to the Fresh Air side at all......
Hello Styler,
Long time no hear! The problem you have highlighted above is the sad story of many Scorpio senior citizens - I have almost the identical symptoms except that in my case the evaporator (cooling coil) is still lasting the distance & has not sprung a leak yet! Otherwise the same situation - the rotary knobs don't work and despite cleaning the condensor coils, the air flow is still quite meager.
The fan knob doesn't turn to the fresh air at all (hvkumarji has the same problem) and the thermostat has died long ago. The AC now runs on will power alone - at least the Lucknow summer is still manageable with it. All the FNGs have asked me to learn to live with it. And like Upretiji, I too am facing - with a heavy heart - the prospect of a replacement.

Last edited by shashanka : 7th June 2018 at 05:34.
Old 7th June 2018, 05:58   #4405
BANNED

Quote:
The part was changed and finally time to part with the trusted workhorse for last almost 9 years. I sold it last week with a heavy heart.
Hello upretiji,

I'm sorry to hear about your decision to part with your trusted family member - I think of ours (after 14 years) in just those terms. Apart from all the other geriatric issues that our Bucephalus is facing, a new one is the loss of coolant - we need to top up the expansion tank (plastic) every 3-4 days. There is no obvious detectable tell-tales, so I'll need to take it to the FNG for a proper check-up.

Please let us know which is the replacement you have opted for. The feed-back from all contributors to this thread will help a lot in making our own decision when the time comes.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 10:04   #4406
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

I would say get that Extended Warranty, see some good discussions on our forum . I used Xylo for ~8 years with 2 Lac KM (just sold ~3 months back, moved to a pre-owned Fortuner 3L 4WD-MT), and had so much replaced under Standard & Extended Warranty periods. BTW, I was lucky to have this extended warranty free of cost when buying that vehicle, dealer & MM were good to honor those replacements in warranty period, including some big ticket items.

Last edited by pcpranav : 7th June 2018 at 10:11.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 13:21   #4407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello upretiji,

I'm sorry to hear about your decision to part with your trusted family member - I think of ours (after 14 years) in just those terms. Apart from all the other geriatric issues that our Bucephalus is facing, a new one is the loss of coolant - we need to top up the expansion tank (plastic) every 3-4 days. There is no obvious detectable tell-tales, so I'll need to take it to the FNG for a proper check-up.

Please let us know which is the replacement you have opted for. The feed-back from all contributors to this thread will help a lot in making our own decision when the time comes.
Hi Shashank ji,

The decision was not easy but I have relocated to Netherlands after an official transfer. The public transport here is very convenient and that coupled with right hand drive, the decision for a car is deferred for now.

For your issue please check the caps of both the coolant tank as well as the radiator, most likely if there are no tell tale leakages then the coolant may be evaporating through the radiator cap, the gasket or cap may be damaged.
Old 10th June 2018, 13:26   #4408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen,

In my experience it is worth going in for the extended warranty to get yourself covered as there is more likely chance of critical parts failure post 2 years. Most of my issues were in the first 3 years and got them covered under warranty.

- Instrument cluster (replaced)
- ABS Harness (replaced)
- Air Box (replaced)
- Clutch master and slave cylinders (replaced)

and more.
Old 10th June 2018, 17:38   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Styler,
Long time no hear! The problem you have highlighted above is the sad story of many Scorpio senior citizens - I have almost the identical symptoms except that in my case the evaporator (cooling coil) is still lasting the distance & has not sprung a leak yet! Otherwise the same situation - the rotary knobs don't work and despite cleaning the condensor coils, the air flow is still quite meager.
The fan knob doesn't turn to the fresh air at all (hvkumarji has the same problem) and the thermostat has died long ago. The AC now runs on will power alone - at least the Lucknow summer is still manageable with it. All the FNGs have asked me to learn to live with it. And like Upretiji, I too am facing - with a heavy heart - the prospect of a replacement.

Hi Shashanka

I do miss my Scorpio which I sold off a few months ago with a heavy heart just because of the NGT order.

Now I have a Grand Vitara 2007 which I will use for the next 5 years. I have to change gears 4 X times of what I had to with the Scorpio and I really miss the low end torque of the Scorpio. The good thing is that you can order and get any part just by the Vin No or Part No. No need for carrying samples.

I sometimes think about a New Scorpio but lot of people including my denter tell me that the current models have very light body panels and they begin to rust in 4-5 years. Also thinking about the quality of service centers and the totally unorganized inventory and part numbers I just give up on the thought.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 10th June 2018 at 17:40.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 06:20   #4410
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Shashank ji,
The decision was not easy but I have relocated to Netherlands after an official transfer. The public transport here is very convenient and that coupled with right hand drive, the decision for a car is deferred for now.
For your issue please check the caps of both the coolant tank as well as the radiator, most likely if there are no tell tale leakages then the coolant may be evaporating through the radiator cap, the gasket or cap may be damaged.
Hi upretiji,

I'm glad that at least for now you are relieved of the decision-making hassles!
Thank you for your suggestion about the cooling water leak detection. You are right about the slack caps on the tank & radiator - we have been living with these for a while, but now we shall try to plug these two sources as well & then......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks