Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 20:06   #3631
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Folks, not an issue, but am interested to know if the Bilstein shocks will help in achieving better or handling or both on 2011 mHawk ?
They do, pretty significantly at the front and reasonably well at the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The bumpiness/roll of the scorpio is more due to poor design of chasis/suspension rather than damper settings.Given that four Bilstiens cost about 50K, I don't think you will see that kind of improvement for the money you are spending. Best to live with it for a a while and upgrade to a better vehicle.
But since the Bilsteins have better rebound and a controlled dip, the vehicle is far more controllable and steerable with them.
Would I buy them for 50K a set? Naah, but are they good? Yes, the best a Scorpio can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirajkota View Post
with the bilsteins in city traffic and on bumps you will notice that vehicle will settle down faster instead of swaying and bobbing around.
Correct, the bobbing around is greatly controlled.

m_upreti: Could have just been a loose sensor or a sensor getting wet. Get it checked for error codes on a lappy to be on the safer side.

Last edited by n.devdath : 4th December 2013 at 20:08.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:05   #3632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
m_upreti: Could have just been a loose sensor or a sensor getting wet. Get it checked for error codes on a lappy to be on the safer side.
Thanks devdath, that is what I plan to do once my SA is back in town, I have had enough bad experiences to hand over the vehicle to some one else now. Will have it checked next weekend, till then I am driving at moderate speed (max 40 kmph).
Old 8th December 2013, 19:22   #3633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks devdath, that is what I plan to do once my SA is back in town, I have had enough bad experiences to hand over the vehicle to some one else now. Will have it checked next weekend, till then I am driving at moderate speed (max 40 kmph).
Mahindra First Choice just opened a All Car Service in Nerul & I got a call for a free checkup camp, so I took the opportunity as they are open on Sundays.

1. They did a general checkup, everything seem to up working.

2. They topped up the Coolent, Brake oil, & washer fluid complimentary.

3. The car was lifted and under side checked and the following things were identified for replacement & the quote given:
a. Front Lower Ball Joint set (Rs. 850.00)
b. Front Upper Ball Joint Set (Rs. 650.00)
c. Link Rod Set (Rs. 860.00)
d. Balance Rod Bush (Rs. 100.00)
e. Labour (Rs. 1400.00)
Total Rs. 3860.00 Appx.)
Apart from this the steering retaining bolt is hitting the plastic covering on the under body which is almost shorn off on one side.

I plan to get these these replaced next week when they will get the parts along with the servicing which is due, the Paid servicing is 999.00 Rs. and includes a general checkup, wash, vaccume, tire rotation, balancing & alignment (weights cost Rs. 150.00 extra)
So I am expecting a total bill of around 4500.00

4. Top shampoo wash was done.

5. For the Engine Check Light Issue the scanner was attached and the following error was seen: "658 Boost Pressure Control. Regulation No Plausible" This error was deleted from the memory and now the Engine Checklight has gone off.I was charged Rs 400+Taxes (Rs. 49) for this service. The scanner incidently got inaugrated with my car and the technicians wre not too familiar with the device so my experience as an IT guy came into play and I was able to operate and diagose the issues myself and teach the technicians also.

Need help with the experts on this error as the SA was not able to explain

5. The over all experience was good, barring the time taken for washing and preparation of bills as there seemed to be a power problem, but this can be over looked as they have been operational since Dec 1st '13 only.
The SA & the technicians were helpful and prompt with the services.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800032.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800033.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800035.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800037.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800039.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800040.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800042.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800044.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800047.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800048.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800049.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800050.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img2013120800054.jpg  

Old 9th December 2013, 11:02   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Engine Check light came on last night for no reason at all, I have been driving within the city and that too about 12 kms a day for the last 3 months.

Contacted the service advisor at the A.S.S. on phone, he suggested that I try disconnecting the battery and see after 15 mts, this did not work,

Unfortunately, this trusted SA is on leave till next Wed and I am not comfortable leaving the vehicle with the A.S.S. without him.

Any thoughts, as I need the vehicle for daily office travel (12 kms round trip).
Hi, Well, a quick question on this one, before we come to any conclusion:

1) Disconnect the battery terminal, wait for 15 mins., check for the Engine oi levels, Check for coolant, break oil, clutch oil etc...if all ok, re-connect your battery to the vehicle (not in 15 mins, but at least 30 mins.) and the light should go off (initially, may show up once you start, but should go off once you start to drive).

2) ) Does your vehicle drive as you would drive otherwise, with the Check Engine Light on? If it takes the speed as you would throttle, then there is nothing wrong with the Engine and you may continue to drive till the time your trusted SA does not join back.

I have had similar experience with my Scorpio while on the highway during monsoon and the nearest service station at that point in time provided me with this solution which worked very well...try this and let us know...All the best!
Old 9th December 2013, 11:52   #3635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeet_s View Post
Hi, Well, a quick question on this one, before we come to any conclusion:

1) Disconnect the battery terminal, wait for 15 mins., check for the Engine oi levels, Check for coolant, break oil, clutch oil etc...if all ok, re-connect your battery to the vehicle (not in 15 mins, but at least 30 mins.) and the light should go off (initially, may show up once you start, but should go off once you start to drive).

This was the first thing that was suggest by the SA when I called him on phone. I tried this but the light did not go off.

2) ) Does your vehicle drive as you would drive otherwise, with the Check Engine Light on? If it takes the speed as you would throttle, then there is nothing wrong with the Engine and you may continue to drive till the time your trusted SA does not join back.

I was extra cautious while driving since I didn't want a situation where the vehicle would fail and be a cause for worry to my fellow road users, myself & the vehicle.
My replies inline above. I got the vehicle scanned at M&M First Choice Service Center yesterday, the error showed ( "658 Boost Pressure Control. Regulation No Plausible") and was deleted from memory, now the light is gone, as per my experience if it was a minor glitch where a connection might have come loose the light would not come on again, if it does then it will have to be checked thoroughly at the M&M A.S.S.

The vehicle is driving perfectly and there seem to be no issue at the moment.

Last edited by m_upreti : 9th December 2013 at 11:54.
Old 18th December 2013, 19:06   #3636
BHPian

Not exactly an issue, but just want to know where can I buy the parts pointed at in the pic. I check with India Garage and Sireesh Auto, both of them dont have them.Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-mahindrascorpiodashboard059.jpg

ANy pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
Old 18th December 2013, 20:32   #3637
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Not exactly an issue, but just want to know where can I buy the parts pointed at in the pic.
Hi Rajesh, I wanted the same for a Honda Amaze as it comes with a standard double DIN slot and I didn't want to waste money on a Double DIN player, so I bought a basic pioneer with USB for about Rs.4500/- but the cheapest Double DIN avl with USB was about Rs. 13,000/- . I couldn't source this from Mahindra or any other OEM, but the accessories chap who installed my stereo was able to source it for me. He charged me 2000 Rs for it, which I felt was too high, but he claimed it was OEM and stuff like that.

Your best bet is to go to one of the high volume stereo installers in your area and they will be able to to source it. Check the price though.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 22:13   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

Hi Rajesh, I wanted the same for a Honda Amaze as it comes with a standard double DIN slot and I didn't want to waste money on a Double DIN player, so I bought a basic pioneer with USB for about Rs.4500/- but the cheapest Double DIN avl with USB was about Rs. 13,000/- . I couldn't source this from Mahindra or any other OEM, but the accessories chap who installed my stereo was able to source it for me. He charged me 2000 Rs for it, which I felt was too high, but he claimed it was OEM and stuff like that.

Your best bet is to go to one of the high volume stereo installers in your area and they will be able to to source it. Check the price though.
Cool, thanks buddy. Will check the guys around.
Old 19th December 2013, 18:09   #3639
BHPian

Last few days I have been facing this issue with my mhawk. Early in the morning, with the first start of the car, the engine check light stays on. It refuses to go off. If I let the car idle for a while, switch off the engine and then crank it back, it goes off. What could be the issue ? Any major cause for worry ? I spoke to the SA at Sireesh and he says "oil may not have circulated" fully and hence. I am not sure if this is a convincing answer as I never faced it before ?

I plan to take the car for a checkup this Saturday, but before that would like to understand what might be the issue. Any thoughts ?
Old 19th December 2013, 18:45   #3640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
...would like to understand what might be the issue. Any thoughts ?
Could be one of dozens of things. The light just says something is wrong somewhere. A diagnostic scan will show up an error code, which will point to the specific issue. No point in worrying about what might be wrong, it's impossible to figure out based on the check engine light coming on.
Old 19th December 2013, 19:24   #3641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Could be one of dozens of things. The light just says something is wrong somewhere. A diagnostic scan will show up an error code, which will point to the specific issue. No point in worrying about what might be wrong, it's impossible to figure out based on the check engine light coming on.
Thanks many for the reply. Just a dumb followup question. Since the light goes off, will a diagnostic scan still show the error ? In any case I am taking the car to the service center on Saturday...
Old 19th December 2013, 19:53   #3642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Thanks many for the reply. Just a dumb followup question. Since the light goes off, will a diagnostic scan still show the error ? In any case I am taking the car to the service center on Saturday...
Yes. The error code is saved in the ECM.
Old 23rd December 2013, 08:49   #3643
BHPian

Had my 2006 Code serviced for 80k milestone for 10232/-. Hub greasing revealed a damaged pair of bearings. I am happy to say the cost of spares are reasonable thought can't say the same for labour charges for the smaller jobs.
Wasted 1500 on injector cleaners, as I am sure they really don't help but wanted the additional peace of mind by following dealer suggestions. Some work still pending due to lack of time : engine mounting (2000), suspension check and air filter assembly (2000).

While I was there at the service center, I saw one funny Scorpio. See if you can find the funny part.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131223_084700.png
Views: 2201
Size:  530.3 KB
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:46   #3644
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
While I was there at the service center, I saw one funny Scorpio. See if you can find the funny part.
Is it that snorkel like thing on the bonnet?
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:56   #3645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Is it that snorkel like thing on the bonnet?
Count the number of DLR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks