Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 10:07   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Dear Sharma, Pl see the attachments. It gives a pressure of 100 bar. The nozzle has auto cut off for water. Photos are taken using cell phone..hence the quality is poor. so excuse me.

the third picture is the mudguard cleaner attachment....the top steel portion can be rotated 360degrees( zoom it ..to understand better)....quite effective it is.

Thanks for the Pics dear, how's the whole experience of using Aquatek.

Is it easy to operate & does it removes all the dirt & grime that is deposited in the mudguard area ? i am asking this as in the monsoons of Mumbai a whole lot of dirt & grime gathers under the wheel well & every week it is not possible to take the vehicle for a wash.

So i am thinking of buying the product for monsoons & regular washing, your inputs will be of great help.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 11th September 2009 at 10:08.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:30   #1112
srinivas9446

sharma,

experience as such is very nice.

I am a very relieved man, since i used to hate going to washing centers. by the time, i could get our 2 cars washed...sunday used to be over.

the other thing is that these washing centers guys are very careless and ruthless. Mostly not educated. They are really not bothered about the vehicles...they just wash it however their mood is..

for a longtime, i was looking for solutions to get rid of going to the washing centers....i was visiting Metro, i got to see it...just took a demonstration of the black & decker and Bosch. since Bosch was coming with the mudguard cleaning attachment...i just closed my eyes and bought it.

We have done many washes at home now, washing is very very easy. The mudguard cleaner is very handy attachment. It removes all the dirt without any effort. The surface after the cleaning is as good as a new car's mudguard. You should see it to believe it. i have used it quite effectively for cleaning the inside of the front and rear bumpers too.

The other attachments are the regular washing attachments, which has a rotating nozzle which you can rotate for a nice spray or a high pressure water jet.

The water jet has very high pressure and i personally feel it should be used very discreetly , since wrong usage may remove the paint surface.

The other attachment is a shampoo spray container which is useful to get the shampoo sprayed evenly over the car. After this, one single wipe with hand is required. Finally a nice water spray and wipe clean the car...the job is done.

I use it once a week or twice as per the demand.

Apart from the cars, we use to clean the 2 wheelers and my children cycle and other stuff. My neighbour has asked me to lend it to himthis sunday. He wants to try it since he was using a normal spray without pressure...i am sure he will buy it , since i saw him very impressed with it.

I have also used the water spray to clean the windows and many others.

The power gun has a trigger , which when depressed, starts the water spray and when released, stops the water. The trigger also is equipped with safety lock.

anything else you want to know, let me know.

I will try to post the video when we wash the cars this sunday. It may help you.

bye.

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 11th September 2009 at 13:34.

Old 11th September 2009, 13:49   #1113
BHPian

Is the equipment to be connected to a household tap to supply water to it? I am asking since the pressure from the tap here is rather low. Also waiting for the video.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:59   #1114
BHPian

@ Srinivas,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, it was very helpful

I will surely take a demonstration this weekend.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:04   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

I am getting Formula 1 Carnuba wax polish for Rs.250. Is it reasonable pricing?
Old 11th September 2009, 14:17   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Here are a few pics of my car after the 3M swirl and scratch treatment + turtle wax(Abel auto) liquid wax and microfiber buffing.

Caution: You might get very jealous!
Akshay, The car looks wonderful. Can you give me the below details so that I would have some idea about how good this swirl and scratch treatment is.

-> How old is your car?
-> How was your car before this treatment? *surface of your car*
-> What is the cost of this swirl & scratch treatment
-> Did you get any gurantee on this treatment?

It would be wonderful if you could post pictures of "before treatment" so that we can compare how good the surface is after the treatment is done.

It would also be interesting to know how long the effect of this treatment lasts. If it lasts for 8 months / 1 year, then I am sure it is worth spending.

3M dealer in chennai has quoted me 1.3K for teflon coating. I explained to him that my car is 1.5 years old and it needs some different treatment and the normal teflon coating isnt sufficient. The 3m dealer explains the below procedure that he would adopt for my 1.5 year old car:

1. Wash the car that also includes the underneath body.
2. Rub/swirl to remove all scratches in the car.
3. Apply wax in such a way that the body looks new
4. Engine external body treatment that removes dirt, unwanted oil etc.,

I had sent him a mail and enquired the total cost. Let us see the cost breakup for all the above activities.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:28   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
sharma,

experience as such is very nice.
Srinivas, since when have you been using this ? Does this have good service support. How is the water usage ? Under normal conditions (without driving on roads that've see rains), I need 2 buckets of water to wash my car, does this use the same amount of water as before or more ?
Old 11th September 2009, 14:32   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am getting Formula 1 Carnuba wax polish for Rs.250. Is it reasonable pricing?
Definitely reasonable, provided the product is genuine. There are lots of fakes.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:42   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And you got the surface refining treatment on a brand new car? Did they use rubbing compound on the entire car?
Nope mate i did not do the surface refinement. i did the 3M paint protection treatment. Both are different
Old 11th September 2009, 16:24   #1120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Definitely reasonable, provided the product is genuine. There are lots of fakes.
It looked pretty genuine as it had all the information of the product as you get in the US
Old 11th September 2009, 16:52   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Akshay, The car looks wonderful. Can you give me the below details so that I would have some idea about how good this swirl and scratch treatment is.

-> How old is your car?
-> How was your car before this treatment? *surface of your car*
-> What is the cost of this swirl & scratch treatment
-> Did you get any guarantee on this treatment?

It would be wonderful if you could post pictures of "before treatment" so that we can compare how good the surface is after the treatment is done.

It would also be interesting to know how long the effect of this treatment lasts. If it lasts for 8 months / 1 year, then I am sure it is worth spending.

3M dealer in chennai has quoted me 1.3K for teflon coating. I explained to him that my car is 1.5 years old and it needs some different treatment and the normal teflon coating isnt sufficient. The 3m dealer explains the below procedure that he would adopt for my 1.5 year old car:

1. Wash the car that also includes the underneath body.
2. Rub/swirl to remove all scratches in the car.
3. Apply wax in such a way that the body looks new
4. Engine external body treatment that removes dirt, unwanted oil etc.,

I had sent him a mail and enquired the total cost. Let us see the cost breakup for all the above activities.

-> How old is your car?: 1year old
-> How was your car before this treatment?: Lots of swirl marks and a little less shine
-> What is the cost of this swirl & scratch treatment: 2500 For hatch backs
-> Did you get any gurantee on this treatment?: Nope, You can maintain the finish by taking proper care.

The effect can last for a very long time or can be ruined in the next wash, It all depends on how you wash and clean your car.

The treatment is all about removing a tiny micron of your clear coat paint so that all the swirl marks and minor scratches are evened out.And is not recommended to be done frequently. I got this treatment done because my driver wiped the car with a dry cloth which created lots of swirl marks which i couldn't bare seeing on my black car.

Teflon coating is completely different from surface refinement, I suggest that you go for the surface refinement treatment, If you have deep swirl marks or minor scratches, Tell the detailer guy to use 3M rubbing compound instead of the swirl removal paste.

Why do you want this treatment anyway? Swirl marks? scratches? What color is your car? If you just want shine, I suggest you to buy a good quality wax and wax it once a month.

Visit this link to see after and before pics:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1455729
Old 11th September 2009, 20:39   #1122
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Is the equipment to be connected to a household tap to supply water to it? I am asking since the pressure from the tap here is rather low. Also waiting for the video.
hi,

i connect it to the tap which has a overhead tank water supply...the one parameter the Bosch guy told me is to have a continuous supply of water. Because, if the pump runs without water for a longtime, it will burnt out. The water pressure in my tap is very normal and not so great as such.

Also, before the water pipe is connected to the inlet of the washer, it has to be ensured that there is no air in the pipe.

My personal opinion though is its better to have the water tap had a positive height.

bye

Old 11th September 2009, 20:49   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
hi,

i connect it to the tap which has a overhead tank water supply.The water pressure in my tap is very normal and not so great as such.

My personal opinion though is its better to have the water tap had a positive height.

bye
In my case too it is from an overhead tank and continous flow can be ensured. I asked only because the output is said to be very forceful and the pressure from tap (as you said) is only normal. By the way what do you mean by the tap having a positive height?
Old 11th September 2009, 21:06   #1124
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
Srinivas, since when have you been using this ? Does this have good service support. How is the water usage ? Under normal conditions (without driving on roads that've see rains), I need 2 buckets of water to wash my car, does this use the same amount of water as before or more ?
hi gt,

i have been using it for about 2 months now.

service support is good as assured by the sales guy. they have many service centers ...one guy is located in jayanagar very close to my office. TOUCH WOOD, i wouldnt want to visit the service center so soon.

the Bosch sales guy in metro is a sweet chap who removed my fears & asked me to get in touch with him if i have any service issues in the future.

i guess, normal washing uses pretty much the same quantity of water as you have mentioned, since the requirement is only to remove the dust.

I have not measured the quantity of water for normal washing, but this normal washing takes me 20 minutes to> 1) firstly, remove the dust,2) shampoo the car & 3) final washing of the car.

I felt the water used is less and is used more effectively.

I really have not gone into the details, but doing plain simple talking, i would say , i am saving my time by not going to the washing centers, saving my sunday, and little money too.

i used to pay 200+150 for normal washing for our ANHC (earlier LOGAN) and m800 . 300 + 200 for full wash which includes washing the cars under the chassis.

I used to get the cars body washed every week costing 350 every week.Even if i say i am saving 50% of this amount, i am saving 175 every week and say i am spending another Rs. 75 for the power...end of the day i am saving Rs.100.

These figures are only for dissussion sake...though i have not seriously thought about savings.

My greatest relief is that i have got rid of myself going to these not educated washing guys in whose hands the cars used to get tortured.My sundays are better utilized since i am done with car washing by 9am in the morning.

It used to be a pain to visit the washing centers, carrying my own cloth, shampoo , wait there...sweet talk the guy washing the car, keep giving instruction sweetly.....build relation with the guys.i was tired doing all these.

personally, i feel Aquatek is a well thought utility tool.

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 11th September 2009 at 21:13.

Old 11th September 2009, 22:08   #1125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
If I were you, I would stay well away from any kind of rubbing compound or polish (shown in your pics). Rubbing compounds and rubbing polishes are to be used only rarely and sparingly. Best to restrict such application to maybe once in two years or so as rubbing compounds actually remove a tiny layer of paint. For fine detailing try the Maguires detailing which uses clay and polymers to remove fine scratches etc.
Precisely.
Thats why I generally stay away anything which mention even a word "Rubbing Compund" or "Polish". It peels of some microns of paint. To my mind, they are to be used in extreme conditions in a very small area. Definitely not made for protection, its a cure (that too small) & not revention

I was shocked to know that 3M Paint Protection Treatment is done by applying Rubbing Compund all over the car & across on a brand new car . (I almost got it done, Good I stayed away finally). And this is from horse's mouth.

I was at TASS & work on my car was going on. There was 3M storage & a place where they do these Paint Protection treatments on cars. There ws a big bottle of the Rubbing Compund which was lying there (the same as the pic posted by geeash few posts back). When 3M guy came in, I faked innocence & asked him what all does he do in Paint Protection treatment & whats the usage of that rubbing compound. He explained in detail & to my shock I found they apply this rubbing compund all over the car even in Paint Protection treatment for brand new car. I asked him again to confirm why on brand new car? He had no answer but to say thats how is the treatment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks