Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:37   #136
BHPian

Re: Ohc 1.5 Vs Ohc Vtec

Thank you for reviving such a old thread!! You gave me a lot of material to troll my close friends regarding some of the posts they made here!!

Anyway, getting to your questions, please find my answers in bold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_cherian View Post
AFAIK, the only difference between the B15C2 and the GXi is the SOHC VTEC head.
That includes the cams, the solenoid, the switching mechanism and the ECU. Plus, pistons, crankshaft, wiring harness etc etc..

Is it really possible for one to get the VTEC head onto a 1.5? Will it be expensive? Yes it will fit perfectly, will it work? NO (just by swapping the head, it won't. You will have to do a lot of other work which will not be economical for the the minimalistic gains)

Or can cheaper mods compensate/overcompensate for the lack of the top end whack of a 1.5 over a VTEC? Yes, you could, but it won't be cheap!

I'm a proper novice so I would really appreciate it if the jargon is kept to a minimum, or explained. No problem buddy! Its an evolving process, everyone has been through this phase! That's why we have forums like tbhp! We are here to help and learn!

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 22nd January 2015 at 11:41.
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 01:04   #137
BHPian

Re: Ohc 1.5 Vs Ohc Vtec

Guys can someone please tell me how to test if my VTEC is functioning? I've tried a couple of things and documented them in my post here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3612195

What should my next step be?
Old 24th January 2015, 12:15   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Thank you for reviving such a old thread!! You gave me a lot of material to troll my close friends regarding some of the posts they made here!!

Anyway, getting to your questions, please find my answers in bold!
Haha! The pleasure's all mine!

Also, never having driven an OHC VTEC before, I'd like to know why the VTEC is revered while similar technologies like VVT and some others don't enjoy the same respect?

Don't all these technologies aim to increase high RPM performance?
Is it all about the high lift cam?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks