Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 10:11   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
@ Invinsible sorry i forgot to mention there was green cotton added to the fabia ... bangalore is an expensive place to live in

Great! so how is ur baby doing.. mine is growing up on me everyday. But, will be getting my baby indulged in more delicious custom made air intake with 3inch intake pipe which am sure will be make a lot of difference as it would make it breath easy. Should make a good difference lets see how it goes. Had designed few on my earlier cars did make a hell lot of difference. Not sure how would a turbo diesel react.
Keep the belt fasten. Play safe.

Cheers !
Old 14th September 2008, 23:21   #677
BHPian

@ invisible i wish it was my baby but it ain't i drive a palio 1.6 . The red Fabia that i was talking about belongs to my cousins friend , my cousin drives a stock fabia but soon there will be upgrades first is the ecu we might goto Race Dynamics , next would be suspesion upgrade , konis there wont be any hasseles coz it's a direct fit coz it skoda has a rally history and their present super 2000 is a monster.

@invisible please post picture's of the custom intake once its done cheers:
Old 15th September 2008, 12:03   #678
BHPian

Strange odour

It's happened once. Then it happened again. After a long drive, and with the engine still running, I've caught a strange whiff that I can't figure. It's only on the nose on the driver's side, and while standing just outside the door (this happens typically when I emerge from the car to open the gates at home- the door is open and the engine is left running).

It smells of battery acid. In old cars/bikes, we sometimes experienced this when the electricals weren't properly tuned and the battery would overcharge causing it to bubble over. I doubt very much it's that happening on my Fabia as all the tech from batteries to charging circuits has changed.

Any ideas?
Old 15th September 2008, 17:14   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
It's happened once. Then it happened again. After a long drive, and with the engine still running, I've caught a strange whiff that I can't figure. It's only on the nose on the driver's side, and while standing just outside the door (this happens typically when I emerge from the car to open the gates at home- the door is open and the engine is left running).

It smells of battery acid. In old cars/bikes, we sometimes experienced this when the electricals weren't properly tuned and the battery would overcharge causing it to bubble over. I doubt very much it's that happening on my Fabia as all the tech from batteries to charging circuits has changed.

Any ideas?
In last few months I faced few problems -

1) One day when I started my engine and turned on the AC, there was smoke coming out of the AC vent (middle-right). However it happened only
on that day. I took it to the workshop after few days, they were clueless and couldn't investigate much too as there were no issues at that time

2) My car's right side speakers comes and goes off abruptly. In the above visit I asked him to check that and the mechanic again was clueless as it was working fine at that time. Intelligent car!!! Now ,however, it is totally silent , I need to go and get it checked.

3) I am not sure if someone else have faced this issue, but as my car is getting older it head light is getting dimmer. I am really struggling to drive with low beam, any suggestion to have any add-ons to improve this.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:41   #680
BHPian

"Water going into the turbo" does'nt make any sense.... unless the hood was completely submerged under water. Unless the water seeped in through the inter-cooler and I find it hard to believe any engine damage on a cast iron diesel block.

Tiredfabiaowner : Maybe you should get a second opinion in case the insurance company does'nt cover the damage
Old 16th September 2008, 10:29   #681

i had no idea until i saw my inbox, that i had so many replies in my inbox. Thanks a lot guys. I had actually even lost the page where i made my post.

Nothing much has changed until now with the car. Nummer eins i think with their fragile relation with skoda are totally incapable of taking my case and getting it decided, in my favour.

Shouldnt skoda do something for its clients and make sure that if at all they cancel the license, they take care of cars in the workshop and contact us tell us to move ??

Also most of skoda owners are too rich to bother and go much further with their cases and hence this has given skoda the liberty to be very rock like in their approach coz that will defi turn off a customer looking to get anything out of them.

Regarding skoda parts !! If u buy part by part from skoda and build fabia, it should cost you around 16 lakhs !!!!

Cars been lying in the garage now for 25 days ! i really dont know what to do.
Old 16th September 2008, 12:05   #682
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
1) One day when I started my engine and turned on the AC, there was smoke coming out of the AC vent (middle-right). However it happened only
on that day.
Don't fret; normal behaviour due to temperature difference when the air-con is just switched on.

Quote:
2) My car's right side speakers comes and goes off abruptly.
Usual suspect = loose connection. Simple to fix.

Quote:
3) I am not sure if someone else have faced this issue, but as my car is getting older it head light is getting dimmer. I am really struggling to drive with low beam, any suggestion to have any add-ons to improve this.
Check if your headlamps have fogged up with moisture (rainy season). If not, you might want to consider upgraded bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredfabiaowner View Post
Nothing much has changed until now with the car. Nummer eins i think with their fragile relation with skoda are totally incapable of taking my case and getting it decided, in my favour.
The Nummer Eins problem couldn't have come at a worse time for you. Take it up with Skoda directly and give them a hard time. I think Skoda themselves are flummoxed at not finding the source of this issue with the petrol engine. It does say a lot about how little they have tested the Fabia in Indian conditions. What makes matters worse is that a resolution has still not been provided to you. Horrendous commitment from a supposed premium car manufacturer.
Old 16th September 2008, 12:46   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
In last few months I faced few problems -

on that day. I took it to the workshop after few days, they were clueless and couldn't investigate much too as there were no issues at that time
amit_mind: Spooky and surreal to have 'smoke' bellow out of one's A/C vents, but now you've listed these minor glitches, we guys know what to watch for.

Seems Skodas are not very desi!
[quote=Scooby STi;978616

Tiredfabiaowner : Maybe you should get a second opinion ...[/quote]

Scooby STi: I second that! Actually, given the gravity (and expense he's facing), I'd say a third too wouldn't be amiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredfabiaowner View Post
i had no idea until i saw my inbox, that i had so many replies in my inbox. Thanks a lot guys.

Also most of skoda owners are too rich to bother ...

Cars been lying in the garage now for 25 days ! i really dont know what to do.
tiredfabiaowner: yup, many Skoda owners are well-heeled. And that makes it tough for people like myself who count every maintenance penny. Perhaps-like you say- the company has grown used to people who shell out-no questions asked.

If that's their attitude, it won't take them very far.
Stand your ground, Sir. And good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Check if your headlamps have fogged up with moisture .
GTO: ...or if someone has inadvertently changed the alignment.

Last edited by netchef : 16th September 2008 at 12:47. Reason: spello
Old 16th September 2008, 15:50   #684

After my last post have been in touch with SKODA directly and have told them everything about my case.

Mr. Karthik from customer relations has been in touch with me and one Mr.Advani just called and has asked me to give them a written permission via e-mail or fax to TOW the vehicle out of Nummer Eins and to Autobahn. Thats the end of SKODA-NUMMER EINS relation, i am convinced. No more license renewal, if at all that was gonna happen.

Also he was telling me that i will have to shell out cost apart from labour.

I told him clearly that this was all ok, 47 days back, not now. I wont pay a penny. I have been totally hard dealt with until now.

btw... i had lost count, the car has now been there since 29th july and hence, 47 days !! and not 25 days, like i had said before.

If now anything goes wrong, i am directly gonna opt for a press conference and make sure this gets its share of coverage. What the hell, spend a lil more i say.
Old 16th September 2008, 21:10   #685
BHPian

I am Back !
Took the car out for a nice long drive this weekend, Mumbai-Bhiwandi-Wada-Trambak-ghoti-Nasik-(overnight stay)-Nasik-Ghoti-Bhandardara-Otur-Malshej-Murbad-chowk-Panvel via expressway-Mumbai. (most of these places are unknown to non-mah residents and even quite a few bombay-wallahs). Nonetheless the drive was about 750-odd kms (Mumbai-nasik-Mumbai should be about 350km) we drove through some difficult terrain and some nice wide open roads, had gone for wine tasting to tiger hills at nasik, but turned out to be a dry day , on the way we drove through a Forest of Karvy flowers, (this flower blooms once in 8 years and is a rarity) and through some of the Narrowest and most harrowing roads in Maharashtra. We drove through Rural areas, getting vegetables and fruits right from where they are picked, taking in some of the most beautiful vistas on the planet and ending it with a nice Power-wash under a waterfall at Malshej. The car performed superbly without crying or creating a tanrum anywhere, it also whizzed past everyone when the roads were wide and boring, the grande finale to the drive was a spirited drive following three of my friends in thier Audi A6, BMW 730 ld and the Posche Cayenne, was not too much fun for me :( finally I was stuck in a traffic jam at Sion for 2 hours. time taken while going: 5 hours, 300km, 18km/l. return leg of the journey: 11 hours, 400km, 19km/l.
Attaching pictures.

MOD NOTE: This is a review thread. Use the travel section to post pics of your trip

Last edited by Mpower : 22nd September 2008 at 21:49.
Old 17th September 2008, 09:40   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
After a long drive, and with the engine still running, I've caught a strange whiff that I can't figure.
It smells of battery acid.
Any ideas?
netchef:
Is it the windsheild wash liquid?
Old 17th September 2008, 17:05   #687
BHPian

I'm back after a gap and found things here quite interesting and bit shocking as well. Sad to note the plight of TFO as his car is under wraps for about 50 days. You should fight as much as you can with Skoda, then only they would come on your terms. I'm telling it from my experience. Hope something works out in the positive side and please try to contact Skoda's HQ.

Had a nice vacation and went wandering into some rural settings. Usually, i wud b shifting upto 3rd gear only and was so happy that i could slot onto 4th and 5th after a long time. I guess the mileage is around 10.75km/l (in city). Hope it would improve as the engine run in. Last 2 days, i'm having a feeling that the pulling has dropped a bit in 2nd gear. has anyone experienced the same? the brake is also geting bit off color of late. seems like it's time to smile at dealer again

Dear NC, have you tried putting additional rubber padding under the door? Posting some pics of the tripcheers:

MOD NOTE: This is a review thread. Use the travel section to post pics of your trip

Last edited by Mpower : 22nd September 2008 at 21:51.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:12   #688
BHPian

[quote=tiredfabiaowner;979581]After my last post have been in touch with SKODA directly and have told them everything about my case.

Mr. Karthik from customer relations has been in touch with me and one Mr.Advani just called
quote]

TFO: Sir, I'm glad you're beginning to get an ear. Skoda will sort out your problems, I'm pretty sure, as no one in their right minds wants/desires/needs bad press.

Stick to your guns. May your wheels be 'home and dry' soon (no pun intended.

ps. I hope you don't mind my having taken the liberty of shortening your sobriquet to TFO.

[quote=naikpranav;979997]
three of my friends in thier Audi A6, BMW 730 ld and the Posche Cayenne, quote]

naikpranav: Sir, your friends' taste in cars matches your supreme ability with a lens. Thanks.

Pity you missed the wine tasting :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
netchef:
Is it the windsheild wash liquid?
MadRash: Good point. Never thought of it. It had been raining in Bangalore those couple of days- AND my dad does soup up the washer liquid with a few drops of some cleaning agent (Colin, I believe)- so it's quite possible.

Shall check. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Had a nice vacation and went wandering into some rural settings.
Dear NC, have you tried putting additional rubber padding under the door? Posting some pics of the tripcheers:
Mysticeyes: Interesting is putting it mildly. Poor TFO. Thanks for the lovely pics- you and NaikPranav really go places. We, the Forum, are fortunate you're both blessed with aesthetic sense and itchy trigger fingers.

Nope, sorry to say I've been remiss and not done a thing about the rubber beading thingy. Shall let you know as soon as I do.

Good idea to ask your dealer about the drop in 2nd, and the fading brakes. The latter, especially, is critical.

To THE REV LIMITS: I floored her the other day in first and she hits a roadblock at 4.5K RPM when some auto mechanism cuts the juice to the engine (or whatever). Anyway she stutters and slows-obviously- before any permanent damage can be done to those pretty Czech innards, viscera etc. Boy, was she moving though. Also, comparatively, I found her a lot more refined than a Tata Indigo (the saloon?) when pushed.
Old 18th September 2008, 19:04   #689
BANNED

Hi all ,

I booked swift VDI white and am expecting the deliver by this month end.

Just wanted to share this info with you people who helped me choose a car http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Thank you all for giving me your feedbacks.I am a member here right from 2006 but never participate due to lack of time.But i do read the threads regularly.

Am 95% convinced with fabia but some of the things stopping me are...

Resale value
lack of power windows in base model(active)
Dull black and blue interiors in active

.and i cannot extend my budget for another 40000.

Please Let me know how much will the after market power windows will cost(best one)

Thanks once again

Hi all,

Today i went through the fabia site and found some thing interesting.Yes it the prices for the accessories. I found most of them were OK for the quality.

Some where here in TeamBHP i read a thread of one of our friends who said the wheel cover was 3000 odd.Actually he is wrong the set of 4 wheel covers is 3400. thats not at all costly.Ford charges 4000+ for the same

Thanks

Here is the link to the acessories....
Skoda Genuine Accessories
Old 19th September 2008, 12:10   #690
BHPian

Dear Joshguy, good to note that you have made a sound decision based on your preferences. the waiting period here is almost 4 with if you want VDi+ABS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks